Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 14,332 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Tulsa from Stillwater, and I am having trouble finding an apartment that is affordable and seems safe. My job is located close to 51st and Lewis (hope that's right - I'm still not real familiar with Tulsa), and I will need to be close enough to let the dog out during lunch (5-15 min. drive home). My max rent is $600. I've heard the area around Oral Robers University is nice, so if someone could confirm that and/or offer suggestions for apartments there or anywhere else that might be nice and safe, please send the comments my way!

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 PM

67 posts, read 219,782 times
What about The Greens in Broken Arrow? Someone else on these forums referred me to them. They are fairly inexpensive and in a seemingly great area. The only thing is you'll have a tad bit of a commute. Nice apartments with a good view, though. Apparently as low as $475 a month.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...n-Arrow/14361/

The following are some reviews: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...um=1&ct=result

Keep in mind people are far more likely to write negative reviews than positive ones (they'll go out of their way if they have a bad experience, versus if they have a good experience they just typically don't write anything) so take the negative ones with a grain of salt. It looks like the management or staff might have been the only major annoyance. Most people seem to enjoy everything else about these apartments.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 AM

15 posts, read 144,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmit001 View Post
I'm moving to Tulsa from Stillwater, and I am having trouble finding an apartment that is affordable and seems safe. My job is located close to 51st and Lewis
I'm at Pheasant Run Apartments (its at 71st and Lewis) by the TV Guide building/Office Depot/IBC bank (real close to ORU)... And our rent is fairly cheap, (under $600 after water and stuff)...

I've been here over a year now and havent ever had any problems. I honestly feel pretty safe walking around here at night by myself (i'm female, 31 yrs old)...

Its not the greatest or anything, but its not bad for the price.. *shrug* I looked it up online and we seem to have horrible ratings tho! but like I said, I've never had any issues here!!

If you are interested in more info, message me.. or if you do happen to fill out an application, please message me (we have a referral program here so I could get fee cash for it) HAHAH.. hey, gotta take it where I can get it

Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM

258 posts, read 1,014,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbound2024 View Post
What about The Greens in Broken Arrow? Someone else on these forums referred me to them. They are fairly inexpensive and in a seemingly great area. The only thing is you'll have a tad bit of a commute. Nice apartments with a good view, though. Apparently as low as $475 a month.

The Greens of Broken Arrow Apartments Broken Arrow, OK - Apartments for Rent in Broken Arrow Oklahoma

The following are some reviews: the greens broken arrow - Google Maps

Keep in mind people are far more likely to write negative reviews than positive ones (they'll go out of their way if they have a bad experience, versus if they have a good experience they just typically don't write anything) so take the negative ones with a grain of salt. It looks like the management or staff might have been the only major annoyance. Most people seem to enjoy everything else about these apartments.
Broken Arrow! What part of "my job is at 51st and Lewis, and need to be close" did you not understand? lol

Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 AM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Broken Arrow! What part of "my job is at 51st and Lewis, and need to be close" did you not understand? lol
Let's not be too hard on that poster; I believe marsbound still hasn't moved here yet and isn't familiar with the area either.

I'm sure GoodPasture or some others will help out. I'm not as familiar with apartments on that side of town other than to tell you to stay away from any of the apartments at that specific intersection (51st and Lewis). Some on Riverside (anything either south of 71st or north of I-44) may not be a bad bet either. That slot around 41st to 71st between Riverside and Lewis I would avoid, as a general rule of thumb.

Edit:

This might be of some help:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...ed_percent=any

Last edited by BigOkie; 02-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: Added link to Apartment Ratings

Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmit001 View Post
I'm moving to Tulsa from Stillwater, and I am having trouble finding an apartment that is affordable and seems safe. My job is located close to 51st and Lewis (hope that's right - I'm still not real familiar with Tulsa), and I will need to be close enough to let the dog out during lunch (5-15 min. drive home). My max rent is $600. I've heard the area around Oral Robers University is nice, so if someone could confirm that and/or offer suggestions for apartments there or anywhere else that might be nice and safe, please send the comments my way!

Thanks for any help!
Anywhere on Riverside is pretty good with the worst of the areas being around 61st and Peoria. The reasons for the deterioration of the 61st and Peoria area has a lot to do with the large number of Section 8 and other subsidized housing in the area. It seems that brings a lot of drug and drug related criminal elements into an area. I lived at the Sand Dollar at 61st and Riverside for about 6 months 4 years ago, and had no problems whatsoever. They have a security gate on the parking lot, but it frequently is broken with the gate wide open, but I never left anything in the car and left the doors unlocked on it and never had any problems.

Between Denver and 51st there are a lot of apartment buildings along Riverside. With the River park across the street and with the job in the 51st and Lewis area, and at your age (I assume you are single and under 40) I would tend to look in that area, or look for a garage apartment or house to rent in the Brookside area.

Case Properties have the Lewiston Apartments on the 5200 block of Lewis. as I recall there are a lot of the more upscale apartments in that area. I checked the Case Properties website for the Lewiston Apartments
Apartments.com - Search Results
and it said the prices range from $544-$849 and they include fireplaces and three pools. They have one and two bedroom units with one bedrooms starting at 500sf at $544 with a $100 deposit.

Quote:
Community Description
One Eton Square is a masterpiece community unlike any other. The grandeur and detail of each amenity is comparable to those found in prestigious custom homes. Built meticulously when builders spared no expense. Area Schools - Grove Elementary, Union Junior High and Union High.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I lived at the Sand Dollar at 61st and Riverside for about 6 months 4 years ago, and had no problems whatsoever.
I've seen you GP; you obviously should have no problems with being bothered or harrassed. I think that your height and stature may have something to with it?

There are not too many people that would like to meet up with the likes of you, ESPECIALLY if they were on your bad side.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:48 PM

15 posts, read 144,679 times
OH.. I cant think of what the complex is called.. its 71st and Yale tho.. DONT GO THERE.. They are always having shootings there.. Lots of drugs there!!! (i met a cop at a Lil Wayne concert and he was telling me thats his patrol area and its a horrible complex.. way too many problems!) Id remember the name of the complex if it were mentioned but im dumb at the moment :P

And Id just stay off Peoria personally!!!

There is a nice complex at Riverside and 91st? Looks REAL nice.. but probably REAL expensive. They advertise their "texas size patios" *shrug*

I"m not much help I guess since I dont know the names of any of these places and yer not in Tulsa yet.. sorry! hehe.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 PM

687 posts, read 2,349,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondaisy View Post
OH.. I cant think of what the complex is called.. its 71st and Yale tho.. DONT GO THERE.. They are always having shootings there.. Lots of drugs there!!! (i met a cop at a Lil Wayne concert and he was telling me thats his patrol area and its a horrible complex.. way too many problems!) Id remember the name of the complex if it were mentioned but im dumb at the moment :P

And Id just stay off Peoria personally!!!

There is a nice complex at Riverside and 91st? Looks REAL nice.. but probably REAL expensive. They advertise their "texas size patios" *shrug*

I"m not much help I guess since I dont know the names of any of these places and yer not in Tulsa yet.. sorry! hehe.
The complex you are probably speaking of is Coppermill. My brother lived in those in the late eighties/early nineties. Back then it wasn't bad. A lot of late teens/early twenties lived there and partied there. But it was never very raucous. But you are right, now it's terrible.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM

288 posts, read 917,716 times
Coppermill....yeah, I lived there until my lease finally expired. It's pretty dodgy. Personally had far more problems with hordes of invading and resident cockroaches than crime, but I never left a single THING in my car and often had my blinds open and lights on at night....everyone could see I had NOTHING to steal. Having two dogs that barked at any noise they deemed too close to their home likely helped. There are some long time residents there---talked with one man who'd lived there for a little over 20 years! Another woman who'd been there...I think it was 12 years.

I'd also avoid that complex right next to Coppermill....Eagle's nest or Eagle's Point or something like that. Oh, and the ones right across the street from Coppermill...haven't heard anything good about them either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa