Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,470,931 times

Advertisements

What are the best neighborhoods and suburbs of Tulsa? Also, does anyone think a Major League Sports Team will come to Tulsa in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 AM

258 posts, read 1,010,899 times
I am guessing from your "suburb" question that your not interested in Urban living? But some of the best neighborhoods in Tulsa are in the mid-town area. Next best is far South from the river to Sheridan. Right across from the river on that side is probably the nicest suburb, Jenks. There are some very nice areas in Broken Arrow, and Owasso, and Bixby. You will just have to go and feel them out. Each has a slightly different feel and character. Though Jenks lately seems to be capturing the higher end stuff and nicest, pedestrian friendly, developments. They can also pull from the higher income crowd of Tulsa in that area.

Major league sports team?... not a sports fan here so dont know and dont care lol. OKC seems to get into that "sports" stuff. There is a great arts scene here in Tulsa though. :-)

Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM

2,889 posts, read 3,470,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
I am guessing from your "suburb" question that your not interested in Urban living? But some of the best neighborhoods in Tulsa are in the mid-town area. Next best is far South from the river to Sheridan. Right across from the river on that side is probably the nicest suburb, Jenks. There are some very nice areas in Broken Arrow, and Owasso, and Bixby. You will just have to go and feel them out. Each has a slightly different feel and character. Though Jenks lately seems to be capturing the higher end stuff and nicest, pedestrian friendly, developments. They can also pull from the higher income crowd of Tulsa in that area.

Major league sports team?... not a sports fan here so dont know and dont care lol. OKC seems to get into that "sports" stuff. There is a great arts scene here in Tulsa though. :-)
I don't mind if I am in the City or the Suburbs...as long as an area is nice and safe. I appreciate your analysis.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 AM

702 posts, read 2,505,482 times
I'd highly recommend Owasso, lived there for 20+ years. Top school system, very active chamber of commerce, new parks, new sports facilities, new YMCA, new development, new shopping, two major expressways, etc., it's got it all.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 37,901 times
HELP! We are relocating to Oklahoma and took a hard hit on the sale of our house here in Iowa. We can't afford much house and have been looking in the 74115 zip code, which seems to have some decent homes for the money. But I am only viewing from the net. My main concern is safety and some quiet for a neighborhood. I have had some bad experiences here at my present home and am trying to find a happy medium. Or maybe we just can't buy right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated from a fellow Southerner who wants to get back home. ds

Old 03-14-2009, 07:27 PM

258 posts, read 1,010,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I don't mind if I am in the City or the Suburbs...as long as an area is nice and safe. I appreciate your analysis.
Define "nice" lol. Older areas with lots of character? New neighborhoods with cookie cutter homes? Something in between? Contemporary urban living? Biggest house you can get for your money in the suburb or smaller house in more desirable part of mid-town? There are plenty of areas that are safe in and around Tulsa. But different people like and want different things.

If you were to give me the choice of living the rest of my life in a huge mansion in the suburbs, or a 2 bedroom, condo in a pedestrian friendly, area of mid-town or downtown, near bike trails, walk to shops, cafes etc.... I would choose the latter flat out. Even if the cost were exactly the same.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:41 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,315,305 times
Tulsa Crime Map - Showing Crime in Tulsa, OK - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Here's a crime map of Tulsa. If you've found houses you're interested in, you can insert the addy and it will give you a clearer idea of that specific neighborhood.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 AM

265 posts, read 899,674 times
Broken Arrow is a great community as well. Several good and safe neighborhoods all over town. There is a very active and highly regarded police force in Broken Arrow.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 38,792 times
Smile Help with apt rental needed !

I will move to Tulsa from FL, and I've read the apartment ratings There seem to be a lot of problems with roaches, break-ins and loud neighbors.
I know many reviews can be exaggerated, but I'm still uneasy.

Can somebody give me some concrete advice where can I find an apt. to rent without roaches, break-ins or loud neighbors? I would really appreciate it.
Ideally, the apt/complex should be within 20-25 min driving distance of Hillcrest; I'll be working there and I take call, so I have to be relatively close.

One with good reviews seems to be Renaissance Uptown, but the traffic noise it's a deal breaker, since I'll be working some nights.

I'm flexible: I can rent from a private individual or complex - as long as it's decent.

THANK YOU !!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 24,155 times
I have recently moved to Tulsa and I had the same problem with the apartment ratings. It looks like most of the ratings are written by very disgruntled tenants, and are exaggerated. However, I was concerned anyway, and wound up renting from CaseUSA. They have the most apartment complexes in great neighborhoods that are very conveniently located. They run a really tight ship and are on top of any problems. They don't have any rodent problems, and if there are any insect problems, you can have an exterminator come over once a week or once a month....no charge. Their occupancy rates are fantastic and most tenants live here for years, I've noticed. I live in the Windsail, near my work and they also have a Dog Bark, which is fantastic. Plus, it is an older complex, so the landscaping in more mature. Also, all the workers here, are very nice, and the management team is great! You will feel safe and be happy here, no doubt. But pick any Case USA place, and I'm sure, it will be the same. They have a new one just built, and it is already almost completely rented...Cascades...I heard it's just beautiful with marble countertops and ceiling fans. It is more expensive though, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. Lastly, jsut a note, that even though I am here in Tulsa only 4 months, I am already changing my unit to a different location and n icer floor plan (and a little less money also). They allow you to change units in the same complex, after a 3 month stay. Good luck. B y the way, Tulsa kinda grows on you!!!! Be well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa