U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Tulsa in a few weeks and have narrowed down our apartment choices, but I haven't been able to find much helpful information. If you know about these apartments, or the neighborhood in general, concerning crime rate, safety, things to do, noise, recent fires/shootings/ etc., things like that, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have an alternate suggestion of an apartment complex (1bdrm, 1bath, fitness center a must, around $400) we're open to suggestions. Thank you very much.
-Canyon Creek Apartments- East 51st st, 74105
-Country Hollow Apartments- East 80th street, 74136
-Bristol Park Apartments- South Garnett Rd, 74146
-Lakeside Place Apartments- South 99th East Avenue, 74129

Last edited by bavers; 06-01-2009 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: changed title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM

258 posts, read 924,251 times
Sorry cant help you, not familiar with those apartments or those areas.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM

620 posts, read 1,540,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Sorry cant help you, not familiar with those apartments or those areas.
If you have nothing to add to a thread, then why post? People start threads here because they need answers. If you can't provide any input you are better off not posting. I've seen this often on this forum.

That said, however, your posts are some of the best I've read on this forum.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM

7,525 posts, read 15,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavers View Post
My husband and I are moving to Tulsa in a few weeks and have narrowed down our apartment choices, but I haven't been able to find much helpful information. If you know about these apartments, or the neighborhood in general, concerning crime rate, safety, things to do, noise, recent fires/shootings/ etc., things like that, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have an alternate suggestion of an apartment complex (1bdrm, 1bath, fitness center a must, around $400) we're open to suggestions. Thank you very much.
-Canyon Creek Apartments- East 51st st, 74105
-Country Hollow Apartments- East 80th street, 74136
-Bristol Park Apartments- South Garnett Rd, 74146
-Lakeside Place Apartments- South 99th East Avenue, 74129
I'm not in the apartment end of the business, but from what I recall about the various apartments around town, and their location, my preferences on those you listed, from best to least, would be

1) Country Hollow. East 80th is an upscale area with a lot going for it. It is close to the bike trail along the creek Turnpike, easy access to shopping, the turnpike, etc.

2) Canyon Creek. East 51st has a lot of social and recreational amenities. Close to LaFortune park you can golf, take the kids to a great playground, or jog. there are also a lot of pretty upscale restaurants in the area (Bodeans, Jamil's, Green Onion, etc).

3) Bristol Park. Not sure what part of Garnett it is on, but for the most part I would stay away from both Garnett and Mingo, although there is easy access to the highway system and there are a lot of things to do along the Garnett/Mingo and 61st/71st areas.

4) Lakeside Place. S 99th at 21st is my least favorite. It used to be called the Marina. It is quite a bit older than the others and unless things have changed, management is not real responsive. It is in an ethnic area with several asian and hispanic oriented shopping areas.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 AM

3 posts, read 5,957 times
Default Thank you!!

Thank you Goodpasture, That was extremely helpful!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM

59 posts, read 212,826 times
Waterford, 52nd & Harvard is nice, Ive been there for a year and really like it.

I second the Lakeside one, lots of bad elements there, stay away,

I may be mistaken, but I think Bristol Park is a low income housing complex, nice apartments, but must meet certain income requirements, again, i may be wrong.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 PM

258 posts, read 924,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post
If you have nothing to add to a thread, then why post? People start threads here because they need answers. If you can't provide any input you are better off not posting. I've seen this often on this forum.

That said, however, your posts are some of the best I've read on this forum.

Sorry, had noticed that this persons question had not gotten any responses since it had been posted the day before, and didnt want them to think they were being ignored. I for one wasnt ignoring them or thinking it wasnt worth responding to,,, I at least wanted to say something lol.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 PM

549 posts, read 879,589 times
Country Hollow is a nice area. We live in Ridge Park just up the street. Case seems to be a decent company to rent from also.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 34,417,682 times
Tulsa World: Firefighters battle east Tulsa apartment fire

This probably doesn't matter anymore since the people who know the apartments firsthand placed Lakeside Place last on the list, but it appears that they had a horrible fire there about 11 months ago.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,443,596 times
Probably improved the place. Avoid Lakeside or whatever it is now. I had the misfortune of living there back when it was called the Marina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or