Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM

Location: Canadian in Tulsa, OK...counting down 2 years and a wake up
51 posts, read 158,245 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has heard or has lived at Woodland Oaks Apartments on South 92nd East Ave, 74133? I am moving to Tulsa to attend ORU and will be looking into these apartments. I have looked at apartment ratings website and that being said can't really trust that site since the current apartment I live in gets on average about 50-60 % rating ; a lot of stuck up people live in the area I live in (Cary, NC) so most of the negatives were not for the same thing mostly whining complaints. But I love the current apartment I live in in NC (my balcony is about 60 ft area from the 10th hole since I live on a golf course). I pay about 750 per mth for a 1 bdr apartment and theirs avg 500-575 for a 1 bdr.

I notice most of the people who rate on that website are angry tenants but I noticed that everyone says the same thing then yes I will probably agree with them, but not take everything they say literally. Just wanted to know if these apartments are in a relatively safe area, I have looked on the tulsa crime website and it looks like its in a decent area.

I will be moving to Tulsa without seeing it (moved to different states and countries without siteseeing before going as I was in the Army so I am fine with moving somewhere without seeing it first), which is perfectly find for me since all the apartments I've lived on I got through the 'net. The people that own my apartments (Equity Residential) own those apartments in Tulsa and I do not mind the property management company they seem to be doing well and get things done promptly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:40 PM

All I know about the place the apartment is near is Woodland Hills Mall and according to the website and the apartment managers the apartment is within walking distance of the Woodland Mall. Is this area safe and would you consider this area for a single woman?

Thanks for anyones input

Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
I found this. It would put you a lot closer to ORU. I don't know that much about the area. I think it is safe.

One Bedroom For Rent (http://tulsa.craigslist.org/apa/1210279992.html - broken link)

Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 PM

Thanks Okiegirlfriend (first time repping someone on this site, so I gave ya a rep!)

I'm kinda limited to where I can go because I still have a lease in NC with equity residential and would have to pay monthly here in NC or pay 2 mths worth of rent after moving out since I am breaking my lease early. I have to break my lease early since I am going to school and school starts Aug 7th. So they told me if I transfer out of state and stay with an equity owned apartment I would not have to pay that and would not even have to pay an application fee. It would just be an apt to apt transfer which saves me A LOT of money.

Plus they give renting/housing credit if you ever want to buy a house they have contractors they deal with nationwide that will later on reduce the cost of buying that house (I have a good amount of credit with them so far since I've lived in there apts for 3 years and would not want to lose that). Also I have a dog and mostly all of there apartments allow dogs and are VERY pet friendly.

Wondering if Goodpasture, Jammie, or Synopsis could give me some clues to the area I would be moving to. I have read a lot of posts in this forum from y'all and you guys (or girls) seem to have great suggestions.

Last edited by cherish_lily; 06-07-2009 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Rep for Okiegirlfriend

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
the only real problems I've seen in the Woodland Hills Mall area is the traffic. Of course, anytime you have an apartment complex you have the potential for trouble, but that area is less a problem than many others. As in any such complex, don't leave things in your car overnight, lock your door when you go out for the day, etc......just common sense stuff and you will be good. Given a choice between the apartment complexes around ORU and the ones around Woodland Hills, I would choose Woodland Hills. Some of the housing near ORU is substandard and there are several low income/subsidized apartment complexes around there. There are also some really nice ones over on Riverside, just west of ORU. I really am not involved that much with apartments so I don't know what is best......but I would choose Woodland Hills area over ORU anytime........just more to do there........Book stores, restaurants, health clubs, easy access to highways, etc..........

Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 AM

340 posts, read 1,285,884 times
Woodland Oaks is a good complex, I've been there many times. Lot of professional and employed people.

The ones near ORU (around 81st and 91st) used to be student housing and are generally tired and worn out. I lived there for 5 years, I know.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Thanks everyone I have been pre-approved so I will be moving in there and have checked the crime map which virtually shows none (reported anyways) in that area except for Woodland Mall banks couple of robberies. Just wondering why there are a lot of apartments with wood fireplaces in OK, lol. That will probably be used twice a year it's a lot hotter there than it is here.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherish_lily View Post
Just wondering why there are a lot of apartments with wood fireplaces in OK, lol.
Okies like cuddling with a significant other (not necessarily their own) in front of them.......

Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Okies like cuddling with a significant other (not necessarily their own) in front of them.......
Gotcha. Yea I would need the AC running at the same time if it was fall/summer/spring. I can understand winter though, I love the smell of wood in the fireplace and usually have mine on 4 times a week in the winter.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
You can do that in Tulsa too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa