U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM

999 posts, read 1,368,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
It wasn't my intention for anyone to rip on the two cities fron the get
go....the Thread Was Say Something GOOD about Wichita and Tulsa..
Thank You for doing just that "Knrstz" and that Arena In Wichita Is
A BEAU , and by the way how can Wichita pull in so many great acts.
To answer your question I think it has to do with how remote Kansas is. Tulsa competes with OKC, Springfield, NWA, Fort Smith, etc. There's just not much in Kansas. Wichita pulls people from Hutchinson, Salina, Mchphereson, Dodge City, Garden City, Hays and well as some of eastern Kansas that doesn't go to Tulsa or KC. There is easily another 150-200k people that don't have anywhere else to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 01:22 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,439,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
To answer your question I think it has to do with how remote Kansas is. Tulsa competes with OKC, Springfield, NWA, Fort Smith, etc. There's just not much in Kansas. Wichita pulls people from Hutchinson, Salina, Mchphereson, Dodge City, Garden City, Hays and well as some of eastern Kansas that doesn't go to Tulsa or KC. There is easily another 150-200k people that don't have anywhere else to go.
That sounds just about right , but I thought that Wichita would have to compete against Topeka Kansas , how many Big Name Acts are Topeka Kansas pulling in.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
MsJ

15 posts, read 21,210 times
LOL I was reared in Tulsa and live in Caliphoney too! about 26 yrs.... may be moving back though....

Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJ View Post
LOL I was reared in Tulsa and live in Caliphoney too! about 26 yrs.... may be moving back though....
I would love to move back simply to be around my FAMILY , but
I have too many loose ends at the moment...looking forward to
getting my hand on some land (like 40 acres and a mule) something
that I could never do in "Caliphoney The Golden State".....

Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM

23 posts, read 39,155 times
I have to say that there are postivies and negatives to each city. Not either one of them suck like some people have said in this thread. If they truly sucked that bad, neither one of them would be growing like they are now. Obviously things should continue to improve and get better over time. I love Wichita for the fact it is so easy to get around practically any part of the city and not deal with so much major traffic like other cities. I do wish Wichita had a much bigger downtown and skyline though. That's one thing I do give big props on to Tulsa. I really like Tulsa's skyline and its hilly and woody region. I will have to say though that Wichita has one heck of a zoo and the new exhibits they keep adding and what they've got planned later on down the road is simply amazing. IMO, it is one of the top zoos in the midwest. Tulsa has some much better shopping areas then Wichita and a pretty cool restaurant scene. There's so much to like and enjoy about each city.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
Default Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
This isn't correct. 7-11 stores in Oklahoma City aren't owned by the 7-11 parent company, they are a single large franchise. The Brown family of Oklahoma City that owns those stores and the Cadieux family that own Quik Trip agreed not to enter each other's markets. 7-11 used to have a store in Sapulpa and other surrounding towns, but not in Tulsa. The stores that became Circle-K and later Staxxx before closing were U-Tote-M stores, not 7-11 stores.

Also, about Saks, there is a Saks in Tulsa, and no Atwoods stores in the city itself, so what are you talking about there?

Atwoods are in surrounding towns of Tulsa. For some reason I thought I saw a couple in town. Maybe I'm thinking of Ace.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaGuyBitByDog View Post
Atwoods are in surrounding towns of Tulsa. For some reason I thought I saw a couple in town. Maybe I'm thinking of Ace.
How would you rate the Atwood Stores In OKLAHOMA..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa