Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times

Advertisements

With their top-rated offense, and a new/improved defense, this team could be scary good. We already know how good their offense is, and with their new defensive Coordinator, returning Seniors (Zac Robinson, receiver Dez Bryant, Kendall Hunter [two of the VERY best at their positions in the entire country], Bryant (perhaps THE BEST at his position in the nation) Senior linebacker Donald Booker, nationally acclaimed new training facilities (one of the best in the nation thanks to T Boone Pickens), and new recruits this team has a chance at a national title. I think this team has a completely new attitude due to their new defensive coordinator. Perhaps this year the defense will actually come out and play. The following article explains a lot.

"the real reason Oklahoma State fans should be excited is because the Cowboys – finally – might field a pretty doggone good defense. For that they can thank the folks who shelled out a reported $315,000 for one of the best defensive coordinators in the country."

"Think about it: In 2009, the Cowboys will feature the Big 12’s top running back (Hunter), top kick returner (Cox) and arguably the nation’s best receiver in Bryant – as well as the school’s second all-time leading passer in Robinson."

Cowboys take defensive stance - College Football - Rivals.com

Last edited by Synopsis; 07-28-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 04:39 PM

78 posts, read 335,342 times
As long as we beat Texas A&M & OU I'll be happy

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM

702 posts, read 2,517,455 times
They better get by Georgia and Texas this year! I'd love to see them undefeated when they come riding high in the saddle into Norman and face the #1 ranked undefeated Sooners! They'll definitely be leaving there with a loss.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM

I LOVE the Sooners. But I also root for our other state team, OSU.

With their new Defensive Coordinator and a new attitude, if their defense comes around, they will be a MASSIVE force to contend with, even the OU Sooners will have a tough time dealing with that type of team.

OSU has fielded one of the top offenses in the country and most of their top Senior performers are back.

I am SO looking forward to football season, HOWEVER it works out. Arn't we all?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:00 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
I am SO tired of all the polyannas out there......."We have a new XXXXXXXX so we are going to be a real threat to XXXXXXXXXXX.............."

Ou just keeps poping up each year, highly ranked, always a threat.........since the 50's they have always been a contender..........maybe a bad year here and there......but never far from being a threat.........

Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I am SO tired of all the polyannas out there......."We have a new XXXXXXXX so we are going to be a real threat to XXXXXXXXXXX.............."

Ou just keeps poping up each year, highly ranked, always a threat.........since the 50's they have always been a contender..........maybe a bad year here and there......but never far from being a threat.........
Hey GP, do you mean OU or OSU?

OU has always been a threat. One of the greatest college programs of all time. OSU on the other hand, has not been so. But, it looks like this year they will be a contender for sure.

I almost puked over the last several years when OSU gave up 35 point leads to Texas and lost because of absolutely pathetic defenses, or defenses that had no second tier to relieve those guys that were playing their butts off.

It appears this year things will be wildly different with OSU.

Mark my words; OSU will be a force to contend with not only in the Big XII, but in the nation this year.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
OS Who?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
OS Who?

Get back to me at the end of the season nevergoingback. We can share notes.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Get back to me at the end of the season nevergoingback. We can share notes.

Oh yeah, I already saved the thread that you LOL'd at me with my prediction.
Quote:
OU wins its 8th this year, mark it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
And the person that stated OU will win the championship this year. LOL.... It won't happen; trust me.
Yep.

True fans can be wrong but never doubt when the pieces are all there.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 07-29-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I already saved the thread that you LOL'd at me with my prediction.

Yep.

True fans can be wrong but never doubt when the pieces are all there.

The "pieces" for OU have been there for the last several years when they have made fools of themselves in the BCS. Opportunity after opportunity squandered. Stoops looked like a deer in the headlights for each of those games, which was almost as embarrassing as the performance of the stupid and over confident team on the field. Absolutely pathetic performances each and every time they got to a BCS game. People laughed at OU outright. Stoops' coaching is good in the regular season, perhaps he is one of the best coaches in college football (during the reg season). But when it gets to the post season, he's out of his freaking league.

OU has had more than their share of opportunities in getting to the BCS yet all they can seem to do is get embarrassed on the national stage.

Bob "Big Game" Stoops is no longer a big game coach. Stoops has a LOSING record in competition once it gets past the conference championship - I believe that his record in bowl games is 4-6. That spells L-O-S-E-R.

I commend him and the OU team for getting up to a certain level, but he and the team are not able to take advantage of things once they get there. And I don't give a damn about his winning percentage in the regular season.

All that does is take him and our state's reputation into the national spotlight where OU gets embarrassed once again, year in and year out.

Perhaps it is time for another team in Oklahoma to take the spotlight; one with a coach that is FROM Oklahoma and played at an Oklahoma University.

I think OSU is primed to beat OU this year and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit. After the debacles with OU over recent years (Boise State for crying out loud and USC beating them like they were a red-headed stepchild - ALL, ALL, on national television making Oklahoma football look like some kind of sham. They should be ashamed), they deserve to be cut down a notch. OSU will beat OU this year - Mark it down.

It's time for some new blood in Oklahoma football; perhaps that team is OSU. Maybe Tulsa even. Anything better than the no longer "Big game Stoops (what a joke)" embarrassing the team on a national stage year after year after year after year...

Last edited by Synopsis; 07-29-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa