Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:42 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear that you arrived fine IronDaisy. As far as your disability goes, I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't currently live in Oklahoma so I couldn't help out with any info on Sooner Care but hopefully someone can step in and offer some helpful information. I wish you the best of luck in your new home. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM

99 posts, read 504,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondaisy View Post
Welll Everyone.. thanks for all yer kind words, suggestions and everything else!

I had my cats in a large dog carrier all together. I made them cheapy name tags with phone numbers on them, they all stayed in the carrier together. The dog just layed in the back seat asleep most the time. We got out for exercise, pee breaks and gas (the dog and I did. The cats were too difficult!)

I ended up staying in flagstaff arizona the first night (real nice people around there!) (Saturday the 5th or whatever it was.... we left cali saturday at 2:30pm)... so stayed in AZ... then sunday i drove forever.. iwasnt tired so instead of stopping in amarillo for the the night, i said screw it and drove thru to tulsa! (INSANE!) hahahhah...

My best friend stayed on the cell phone with me as I was driving thru some heavy rain.. i was scared to death! But I arrived in tulsa around 7am and got to spend a whole hour with my b/f here before he had to go to work! hahahha... he was shocked I was here... i was shocked I was here

So its been one full week here and so far i love it... its GREEN! its pretty.. people are so nice, walmart is huge.... i havent gotten angry at random idiots who are disrespectful.. the neighbors are nice... so far i love it

I'm gonna check out stuff this week more... reponsibility stuff... school... insurance, car registration... etc!!!!

I dont mean to sound like a low life who comes to yer state to get on state medical... but im considered disabled and was on state medical in california... anyone have any suggestions about "Sooner care" or how it works or anything? i'm not too familiar with any of this stuff... Im on medicare already but I cant afford all my doc bills usually just on medicare.... being disabled sucks

email me direct... dani2theelle@gmail.com

thanks for all of everyones help
danielle
Wow Daisy , You got there fast I am so Happy you got there safe and sound sweetie I read your post about going alone and prayed for your safety .We are moving in June from Ca. also My daughter and hubby and grandkids left today for Broken Arrow OK. where they bought a home .I have a Profoundly deaf daughter who is on SSI here in Ca. so I understand and will be helping her get all her stuff straight .I hope it all works out for you sweetie . Great to know you got there safe and sound .

Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 AM

10 posts, read 31,067 times
I must be a loon.I make my Cali to Okie or Okie to Cali trips in one haul.I may take a few short naps somewhere along the way,usually after halfway,but I usually try to do it all in one haul...been making those trips for years.Its not without its pains tho.and I have to get totally psyched out and pumped up to do it.Then there are a few days afterward of recuperation...

o yea...there are metaphysical types here...even tho I'm a Cali native...try to make it to PeaceOfMind bookstore on Cherry Street...

Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default I'm Glad That You Made It O.K. OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondaisy View Post
Hi All.. Unexpectedly I seem to be going to move to Tulsa next weekend. Basically I'm getting rid of EVERYTHING, shipping a few things ahead of me and packing up my little car with my dog and 3 cats and driving to Tulsa....

I've never driven more then maybe 5 hours... so this should be interesting

Any suggestions, like, honestly how much does a typical person drive before they have to stop and sleep at a motel (since I'm alone!).. I'm trying to figure out where I should stop along the way to stay the night being I have animals and need to atleast claim having a dog at a motel

Unfortunately I can't drink caffeine... So I gotta rely on nature to keep my butt awake... Hopefully I'll be wide awake and can drive many hours the first day (hey I'm being "positive" here) haha...

Also any suggestions on how to travel with 3 cats and a dog??? This should be very interesting

I too worry about fitting in once in Tulsa, I don't do church, half the time my hair is pink, nose and tongue pierced.. I'm not conservative really so hopefully I'll be fine I'm coming from bakersfield california and theyre kinda churchy people, but theyre ghetto as all hell HAHAHA.....

Any tulsa suggestions, I mean, should I throw away the funky clothes and go buy a cowboy hat or what??

Someone tell me about driving please

danielle

When I Drive out to Oklahoma from the San Francisco Bay Area i either drive the upper route thur Bakersfield...Flagstaff...Albugquerque...Tulsa
(Or) Los Angeles/San Diego....Phoenix/Tucson....Albugquerque...Tulsa
and my OVERNITE STOPS ARE Flagstaff..Albugquerque (Or) Tucson....Albugquerque..when I was young in the 1970's I WOULD DRIVE TO THE EAST OR WEST COAST WITHOUT EVER STOPPING....but forget that type of FOOLISNESS.... NOW in my older age I've developed some common sense and make as many stops and side trips as possible.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

When I Drive out to Oklahoma from the San Francisco Bay Area i either drive the upper route thur Bakersfield...Flagstaff...Albugquerque...Tulsa
(Or) Los Angeles/San Diego....Phoenix/Tucson....Albugquerque...Tulsa
and my OVERNITE STOPS ARE Flagstaff..Albugquerque (Or) Tucson....Albugquerque..when I was young in the 1970's I WOULD DRIVE TO THE EAST OR WEST COAST WITHOUT EVER STOPPING....but forget that type of FOOLISNESS.... NOW in my older age I've developed some common sense and make as many stops and side trips as possible.
We're all gettin' older Howest.. I no longer like driving at night, although my vision is almost perfect and I don't wear glasses or contacts. There's something about driving at night for long distances that disagrees with me.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
We're all gettin' older Howest.. I no longer like driving at night, although my vision is almost perfect and I don't wear glasses or contacts. There's something about driving at night for long distances that disagrees with me.
Yeah....

That's because night vision gets worse with age...
I've noticed that lately...

Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Yeah....

That's because night vision gets worse with age...
I've noticed that lately...
You're bumming me out!

Yeah, you're 3 years younger than me but you ARE catching up!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 AM

68 posts, read 230,229 times
Daisy I think maybe just call the nearest DHS office and ask them, or maybe your caseworker from Cali. could help your case just get transferred

Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM

620 posts, read 1,752,199 times
Default Fugetaboutit

Daisy posted her messages over a year ago.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM

98 posts, read 321,289 times
I dont live there. but the people are cool as hell. Dont change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa