Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that the poster is one of those people that drive 50 on I-44 and act shocked that people are upset with them for driving 10-15 miles an hour under the speed limit.

Tulsa drivers aren't aggressive or drive particularly fast, in fact, it's easy to get frustrated with thier passivity and slow speed. If you've been to any city of any size, you would know this.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:28 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
" My honest opinion: Tulsans are the worst drivers i have seen!! "

You need to travel a little more...

No kidding. Paris and NYC come to mind ........

Old 09-26-2009, 08:32 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
While we are on the subject of frustrating ..... how about Oklahoma's lack of signage or, when there IS signage, it is right on the corner where you need to turn.

And then the hassle of finding your way. Some street may be called "X" in Tulsa but the same street is called "Y" in Broken Arrow.

Shees.

I have driven in cities all over the world and find Tulsa the worst to find your way around.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:08 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
Isn't your judgement of my driving a bit presumptuous to say the least?? I have news for you...I lived in Southern California and have driven on 6-lane highways back and forth to LAX. I DON'T drive UNDER the speed-limit. I DO drive the speed-limit because where I come from the police department actually patrols the highways and people get tickets... so I have grown accustomed to following the laws...something that many folks here in this part of the country DO NOT do.

So please do not judge me when you don't know me or have never driven with me. The people that are flipping me off and racing around me are usually going 10 to 20+ miles an hour. So it isn't me that is doing something wrong it is THEM. I refuse to be blamed for lack of common sense on the part of law-breakers and carelessness that causes accidents. Look around sometime at all the cars that are on the road wrecked and taped with duct tape. Don't get me started here.... I have plenty of driving experience and places that I have been to as a comparison.

And maybe Tulsa isn't the worst place to drive (I never said that) but it doesn't excuse the drivers that are being foolish and wreckless.... And yes swake, you did offend me by your comment. The driving problem here is serious and I am only trying to share a concern that may save someone's life if someone would actually listen to what I am saying and make some changes. Your comment shows that you possible do not care.. That is really sad. My husband works in a hospital and he says there are are lot of ambulances pulling up on a daily basis with accident victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
I have a feeling that the poster is one of those people that drive 50 on I-44 and act shocked that people are upset with them for driving 10-15 miles an hour under the speed limit.

Tulsa drivers aren't aggressive or drive particularly fast, in fact, it's easy to get frustrated with thier passivity and slow speed. If you've been to any city of any size, you would know this.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,086 times
Raelyn I will have to agree with you on this one. I have seen people zip around me at breakneck speeds and honk their horns and I was going the speed limit. I refuse to drive under or over the speed limit. If people want to drive like maniacs that's fine go around me. You get the ticket not me. I have to admit I have driven once in LA, coming from Tulsa that was a freaky shock to me I drove about 5 miles then pulled over and told my hubby to drive I had, had enough of that...lol Don't let the goofballs shake you up. What does scare me sometimes is while I am going the speed limit some dufus is coming up behind me at a high rate of speed I wonder if he/she will have enough time to stop if need be. I just say to myself I he/she hits me and I survive they just bought me a new car.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
While we are on the subject of frustrating ..... how about Oklahoma's lack of signage or, when there IS signage, it is right on the corner where you need to turn.

And then the hassle of finding your way. Some street may be called "X" in Tulsa but the same street is called "Y" in Broken Arrow.

Shees.

I have driven in cities all over the world and find Tulsa the worst to find your way around.
Finally, someone who agrees with me about street names in Tulsa. (See my post #12 in this thread.)

Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
Finally, someone who agrees with me about street names in Tulsa. (See my post #12 in this thread.)
Read what you are saying here people. TULSA HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT OTHER CITIES CALL THE STREETS!

That would be just like, for example, Spring TX has no control over what they call the streets that merge into their city from Houston, or from Conroe, or from Tomball, etc, etc.

Jeez.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:07 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,271 times
I disagree with this statement BigOkie. Portland Oregon is very similar to Tulsa in the way that the cities all run into one another yet the street names are the same. I think there may be a possible lack of organization somewhere in the system. Maybe possibly in the area of the city planning department? Same thing with the way a city is zoned or the freeway planned. It all boils down to a planning committee and if there is inadequate or poor planning or organization guess what you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Read what you are saying here people. TULSA HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT OTHER CITIES CALL THE STREETS!

That would be just like, for example, Spring TX has no control over what they call the streets that merge into their city from Houston, or from Conroe, or from Tomball, etc, etc.

Jeez.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM

72 posts, read 165,834 times
I always love it when an individual makes a generalization about a group of people. It is even better received if you would start it off with "You people...."

Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 PM

72 posts, read 165,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post

Shees.

In general, it is laid out as a grid...that isn't very difficult compared to many cities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa