Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM

72 posts, read 165,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderman View Post
This is my point: Look at the good and bad before making a judgement.

Yeah, you point out the good things and I'll point out the bad things and that will keep this thread in balance.[/quote]

That was the idea of the thread - for you and I to keep it in balance?

The atom and electricity analogies are noted and understood....it seems that an individual should also be able to provide a decisive enviroment with the positive and negative to be considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 03:26 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default Don't Know What To Do .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderman View Post
Numbers don't lie but I guess some people choose to keep their head buried in the sand rather than deal with negative issues that effect everyone no matter what part of the city you live in.

Compare Tulsa with San Diego [ 2007-2008] which has 3 times the population of Tulsa and Tulsa's murder rate per capita is disgraceful.

http://frankwarner.typepad.com/.a/6a...6cf4fbc970b-pi
What's your suggestions ......I can see your complains with 20/20 vision , you are almost Biblical with your Lamentations...Here's
What I Would Do...Improve TULSA ....(CSI)....Department Of The
TPD.).....Install.....CCTV..All Over TULSA...And GUN SHOTS MICROPHONES
Update The (IT) Capabilities Of The TPD..Tell Me What You Think.....
and by the way way did you compare TULSA to SAN DIEGO instead of
SALT LAKE CITY or PORTLAND OREGON....

Old 10-07-2009, 03:35 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default Since You Asked Me What To Do Here We Go......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
OK, so what is your solution to reduce the number of murders in Tulsa?

As I said, I am not insensitive to the loss of life. I had a friend who was killed by her boyfriend the night before Thanksgiving three years ago. He hit her head so hard that she never regained consciousness. She laid in the floor all night before the guy decided that he might need to get her some help. She died at the hospital about an hour after arrival.

My wife was on the jury of a murder case last year. Some guys beat a homeless man to death with punches, kicks...then threw a television set on his head. They left, then returned and beat him again (although it is thought he died from the first attack) with more kicks and punches....and then hit him with the edges of cabinet doors. Due to the poor collection of evidence, the jury could not convict the defendent (though his older brother plea-bargained and received a life sentence, I believe).

So what do you propose to stop situations like these? People know that murder is wrong and they run the risk of the death penalty.

Despite these horrible acts, I still think that Tulsa is a great place to live. I know people that raise money for cancer research. At my work, I see people donate time, money, and effort to fill up multiple Marine 2.5 ton trucks with toys for Toys for Tots each December. I see many people that give of themselves to help others because they feel it is the right thing to do.

The town has a new arena that brings many acts to Tulsa that normally would not come here. This venue also generates revenue for the city.

The roads are finally starting to be improved (long time coming).

I do pretty good these days. I'm not rich, but I do all right. Back in 1986, I got laid off three weeks before Christmas and three weeks after my second daughter was born. I ended up going to Neighbor for Neighbor and United Methodist Cooperative Ministeries to get food and diaper. When not looking for a job, I picked up lice medicine cans, syringes, and a multitude of garbage at a Section 8 apartment complex. Nobody had to help me, but many did.

I could go on and on citing examples...but with the good and the bad, Tulsa is still a great place to live.
In order for TULSA to become a safer town YOU MUST....Install
Gun Shots Locators Microphones In High Crime Area's........Increase
Domestic Violent Shelters And Intervention Methods..And Ramp Up
The CSI Segment Of The TPD..Be Proactive In UNDERCOVER STING
OPERATIONS..That What SAN DIEGO and L.A. And The BIG APPLE DID
RUN COMPUTER MODELS OF EVERYBODY INVOVLED IN A HOMOCIDE
AND FIND MEANS OF DIVERTING THEM FROM THAT ACTIVITY..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa