Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times

Advertisements

Have you heard of one of these coming to the Tulsa area? Or is there one already?

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM

265 posts, read 904,394 times
Nope, not heard of one coming here yet. Why? Have you?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Well Are They One Or Five STARS..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Have you heard of one of these coming to the Tulsa area? Or is there one already?
well tell me about the service and food ONE STAR OR FIVE STARS....

Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Apparently the closest is Lawrence Kansas. But I am certain that if they provide a really good burger they would do well here (we are a state of beef eaters). If they are fair, or try to bring east/west coast values here, they may want to take a note from Fuddruckers or Johnnies. We have several restaurants offering really great burger. If you aren't as good as what we have right now, don't bother showing up.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:46 AM

9 posts, read 84,402 times
We have one in South Carolina where I am and I don't think they are anything to write home about. I've been there once and don't have any need to go back. It's kind of like a Fuddruckers where you pick your own toppings and overpriced. It's been a while since I've lived in Oklahoma, but I don't see it being a big hit IMO.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedmama View Post
We have one in South Carolina where I am and I don't think they are anything to write home about. I've been there once and don't have any need to go back. It's kind of like a Fuddruckers where you pick your own toppings and overpriced. It's been a while since I've lived in Oklahoma, but I don't see it being a big hit IMO.
That was my thought. We've had two or three nationally franchised barbecue joints fail that I hear other people swear are the best they ever had..........obviously they haven't been to Elmer's or some of the other ones in the area. Same with burgers. I'll pick up a Red Robin on occasion, simply because they serve Guinness on tap. But if I want a real burger, I'll go to Hanks or Rons or Hardens or Webers. Why would I go spend $10 when I can get a better one for $5?

I could see a restaurant coming in that fills a need.....but coming to beef country to teach us how to cook beef? I don't think it is all that possible. And transferring east and west coast tastes to Oklahoma can be a real challenge. We aren't into nouveau cuisine so much as we are in to big chunks of meat. There is a reason there are few vegetarian cafe's around, and not many sushi bars while I can name you half a dozen steak houses where you can get a 12-18 ounce ribeye and a 26 ounce or larger porterhouse.

In Oklahoma it really is "Beef, it's what for dinner" so don't try to talk us out of it, and don't try to tell us how to fix it.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:28 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
well tell me about the service and food ONE STAR OR FIVE STARS....
I would if I had eaten there. My son loves it and has eaten at one in Texas. I was just wondering as my dh is always looking for a good hamburger

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 AM

340 posts, read 1,286,455 times
Johnnies had 3 locations, now has 0
Fuddruckers had 2 locations, now has 1
Red Robin seems to be maintaining their 2
SmashBurger just opened 2

We don't seem to support "upscale burger" real well.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I live in Kansas City. I love Five Guys, couldn't get enough of it when I first discovered them. I had a Five Guys burger yesterday, as a matter of fact. Definitely better than Red Robin. If you just order a cheeseburger you get two patties, so I order a "little cheesburger" which is $3.89 or something like that, but plenty big enough. All toppings are free and there are lots to choose from, including grilled onion, grilled mushroom and fresh sliced jalapenos. Their fries are okay if you order/eat them there. They aren't too good if you order to go and take them home; they get soggy. Also, never order large fries unless you are gonna share with a lot of people. I never order small fries, either, unless I am going to share them with two or three or four people. When you order fries, they fill a cup with fries then throw an extra scoop of fries in your bag besides that. And the burger is so filling that you really don't need a lot of fries. Their drinks are kind of expensive, 1.79 for a regular drink and 1.99 for a large, so I always get a large if I order one because for 20 cents more it's a lot larger than the regular size. It's definitely worth trying.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,277 times
It's NOT an upscale burger place. They have 3 menu items....burgers, hot dog, and fries. Burgers are huge, fry portions are ridiculous and soooooo good. Free peanuts while you wait...toss them on the floor. No decorations or "flair" on the walls other than prizes they have won. Very no-frills place.

Burger, fries, and soda for less than 10 bucks...no extra cost for toppings (of which there are many).

I honestly have booked flights based on layovers in Reagan airport purely because they have a 5 guys there. I NEVER eat fast food or burgers for that matter either....but I get giddy when I travel to places that do. I just back from the DC area...many many nights of 5 guys induced coma's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa