U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 PM

10,848 posts, read 15,012,178 times

Advertisements

The Tulsa area is 1M or more people. Beside Gilcrease Museum there is a ton of shopping. You might like Utica Square (21st & Utica, I think). It is a very nice shopping center that is more intimate (and interesting) than a large mall and it very easy to access as it is just a few short blocks from the Interstate. Tulsans like holidays and you should be able to find excellent entertainment and hopefilly something going on at the Riverwalk as well. Start watching the newspaper for upcoming events. I believe Broken Arrow lights up, too.

Oklahoma Latest & Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Business, Jobs, Homes, Cars, and Classified Ads OK | Tulsa World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:54 PM

6,032 posts, read 6,117,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The Tulsa area is 1M or more people. Beside Gilcrease Museum there is a ton of shopping. You might like Utica Square (21st & Utica, I think). It is a very nice shopping center that is more intimate (and interesting) than a large mall and it very easy to access as it is just a few short blocks from the Interstate. Tulsans like holidays and you should be able to find excellent entertainment and hopefilly something going on at the Riverwalk as well. Start watching the newspaper for upcoming events. I believe Broken Arrow lights up, too.

Oklahoma Latest & Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Business, Jobs, Homes, Cars, and Classified Ads OK | Tulsa World
Here's one day of sight seeing in Tulsa....starting from your downtown hotel walk to RIVERSIDE PARK rent A FREE BICYCLE you will need a credit or debit card as you will be charged the cost of the Bike if you do not return it within 24 Hours you can check out Riverside Park all the way from Uptown tulsa to 81st Street Head down to 51st and Riverside Drive and make a RIGHT Turn onto 51 street and go a short distant to PEORIA STREET this is Tulsa Brookside Entertainment District take in the sights of Brookside and down near 31st and Peoria don't foeget to check out PHILBROOK Museum one of America's top 50 Museums ride your bike down to 21st and Peoria turn right onto 21st Street and ride for a short distant turn right into Woodward Park after you finish there make a right onto 21st ride a short distant to UTICA SQUARE which is on 21st and Utica Street Do a little window shopping and eat lunch or Dinner Ride your bike from 21st and Utica a short distant to 21st and Lewis make a left heading North to 15th and Lewis Cherry Street Distict is from Lewis to Peoria visit cherry street until you are ready to head home and call it a day Take 15th , 11th , 6th street west to DT Hotel

Cherry Street Farmers Market in Tulsa
Smoke on Cherry Street
Cherry Street Restaurants - Tulsa | Urbanspoon
Philbrook.org
Philbrook Museum of Art
Woodward Park Rental Information
woodward park tulsa - Google Search
Home
Brookside Restaurants - Tulsa | Urbanspoon
Brookside Library
Tulsa River Parks - Home
River Park Tulsa Free Bicycles
How it Works

Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 AM

58 posts, read 134,348 times
Updated Plans: I will be in Tulsa December 1 - December 5. Got a good deal on airfare as well as the hotel. Howest, I will use your suggested itinerary to plan the spots to hit up while I am there. I will hit up the Tulsa Historical Society, I visited their website and it is interesting.

All Black Towns of Oklahoma – Tulsa Historical Society

Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Updated Plans: I will be in Tulsa December 1 - December 5. Got a good deal on airfare as well as the hotel. Howest, I will use your suggested itinerary to plan the spots to hit up while I am there. I will hit up the Tulsa Historical Society, I visited their website and it is interesting.

All Black Towns of Oklahoma – Tulsa Historical Society

Yes I Will be sure to check that out on my return home...trying for Christmas or earily 2012...howest2008

Old 11-13-2011, 03:11 PM

MTTA-Metro Tulsa Transit Authority " has a Rack and Roll Program " that allow you the use of one of their's bicycle for a 24 hour time period , however on "Fridays that (Friday to Monday Morning) , and it doesn't require the use of a credit or debit card . Just a little bit more info see
link and application below.
http://tulsatransit.org/media/files/Rack%20n%20Roll%20Application%20update%206.10.pdf (broken link)

Tulsa Transit[
Rack-N-Roll Program[
]The goal of the Rack-N-Roll program is to improve mobility in the Tulsa Transit service area. The Rack-N-Rol Program allows eligible Tulsa Transit customers to borrow a Tulsa Transit owned bicycle to be used in[ conjunction with their transit commutes. Upon acceptance into the program, program participants may check out[ a bicycle at the Denver Avenue Station (DAS – 319 S. Denver Ave.) and use it for up to 24 hours at NO CHARGE before returning it. Application must be submitted in person with proper ID at DAS during hours noted. DAS customer service hours: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Program Rules[ Applicant must be at least 18 years of age with verifiable employment and must supply a valid ]personal photo ID (Official Oklahoma Photo ID Card or Oklahoma Driver’s License) All program participants will receive (and must show) a valid Rack-N-Roll ID card to check out a program bicycle. Participant is fully responsible for the bicycle until returning it.) All program equipment (bike, lock, key) must be returned to DAS within 24-hours of the original[ check-out time during customer service hours. Participants who do not check program bicycles back[ in within this period are subject to a late fee of $25 per day, and removal from the program. No[ returns on Saturday or Sunday. Bikes checked out on a Friday must be returned before 11 a.m. Monday. Participant is responsible for fully compensating Tulsa Transit for the cost of any lost or damaged program equipment. Theft of Tulsa Transit property will result in criminal prosecution and loss of all ]bus riding privileges. Upon checking out a program bicycle, participants must examine the bicycle for mechanical problems ]that would make operation of the bicycle unsafe (things such as flat tires, non-working brakes, etc.
]Application to Participate
]Applicant Name:_____________________________________________ _________________
Street Address:__________________________________________ ______________________]City:_____________________________________ State:_______________ ZIP:__________Employer Name: _______________________ Employer Address: ______________________Personal Phone # ______________________ Employer Phone # ___________________In consideration of MTTA's agreement to allow applicant to participate in the Tulsa Transit Rack-N-Roll Program, applicant agrees to]release Tulsa Transit and hold it harmless and indemnify it and its officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability which might be asserted against Tulsa Transit and its officers, agents, and employees (including any and all costs, expenses and damages which might be sustained by it), in connection with applicant’s participation in the Tulsa Transit Rack-N-Roll Program. Applicant is freely and voluntarily requesting permission to participate in the Tulsa Transit Rack-N-Roll Program and abide by the program rules identified above. It is understood and acknowledged by applicant that participation in the Tulsa Transit Rack-N-Roll Program is at applicant’s own risk, that bicycling is a physical activity, and that applicant may suffer damage or injury to himself or herself and/or property. Tulsa Transit encourages participant to always wear a bike helmet and protective clothing while operating the bicycle. Protective gear is not provided by Tulsa Transit. Participant agrees to fully compensate Tulsa Transit for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged program equipment. By signing below, applicant agrees to the above listed rules and ]regulations Applicant Signature:_________________________________ Date:____________________

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-13-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 AM

Thanks Howest!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelSmoothie View Post
Thanks Howest!
My Pleasure CarmelSmoothie......I left off SWAN LAKE on my tour stops

Here's one day of sight seeing in Tulsa....starting from your downtown hotel walk to RIVERSIDE PARK rent A FREE BICYCLE you will need a credit or debit card as you will be charged the cost of the Bike if you do not return it within 24 Hours you can check out Riverside Park all the way from Uptown tulsa to 81st Street Head down to 51st and Riverside Drive and make a RIGHT Turn onto 51 street and go a short distant to PEORIA STREET this is Tulsa Brookside Entertainment District take in the sights of Brookside and down near 31st and Peoria don't foeget to check out PHILBROOK Museum one of America's top 50 Museums ride your bike down to 21st and Peoria turn right onto 21st Street and ride for a short distant turn right into Woodward Park after you finish there make a right onto 21st ride a short distant to UTICA SQUARE which is on 21st and Utica Street Do a little window shopping and eat lunch or Dinner Ride your bike from 21st and Utica a short distant to 21st and Lewis make a left heading North to 15th and Lewis Add SWAN LAKE make a Left turn out of the CHERRY STREET DISTRICT 15th Street at 15Th Street and Utica Street heading south ( From 15Th st and Utica to 21st and Utica ) is The Fame Area of SWAN LAKE.....Cherry Street Distict is from Lewis to Peoria visit cherry street until you are ready to head home and call it a day Take 15th , 11th , 6th street west to DT Hotel

Cherry Street Farmers Market in Tulsa
Smoke on Cherry Street
Cherry Street Restaurants - Tulsa | Urbanspoon
Philbrook.org
Philbrook Museum of Art
Woodward Park Rental Information
woodward park tulsa - Google Search
Home
Brookside Restaurants - Tulsa | Urbanspoon
Brookside Library
Tulsa River Parks - Home
River Park Tulsa Free Bicycles
How it Works

Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 AM

7,208 posts, read 9,927,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
My Pleasure CarmelSmoothie......I left off SWAN LAKE on my tour stops
This being a day that we give thanks to our creator for the world we live in and the people that impact us, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy teasing you and how much I enjoy your presence here.....a lot.

Thank you

Old 11-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
This being a day that we give thanks to our creator for the world we live in and the people that impact us, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy teasing you and how much I enjoy your presence here.....a lot.

Thank you
Yeah goodpasture without your input and quick wit on city-data the Tulsa forum would be only half as entertaining...Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 AM

I arrived in Tulsa yesterday. I was tired from traveling all day so I took a nap then went to the Mayo rooftop bar, that hotel is beautiful! I will be spending a lot of time there for the duration of my trip. I am staying in the Atlas Life building which is also beautiful, in one of their Historic Registry rooms, the hallways on this floor look like a 1930s office building, it's great! Saturday will be rainy so I will walk around today and look at the art deco buildings here in downtown as well as hit up the Greenwood section. I plan to catch a play tonight and tomorrow night at the Tulsa Performing arts center. One thing I did notice yesterday is that downtown becomes a ghost town after dark and that there are no CVS or Walgreens at all. I've never seen a downtown that did not have a drugstore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa