Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 PM

620 posts, read 1,751,902 times

Advertisements

Who has the best pork green chile by the pint/quart to go in midtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
I can't think of anyone who has really good green chili in Oklahoma......except at my house, perhaps, and I'm not in midtown.....besides, my last seasons green chili from hatch is about gone.............

Old 02-03-2009, 07:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Do they sell ROTEL in Oklahoma? It's diced tomatoes and green chilis. Excellent for dips and sauces. I use it in my chili and it is awesome.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Do they sell ROTEL in Oklahoma? It's diced tomatoes and green chilis. Excellent for dips and sauces. I use it in my chili and it is awesome.
Yes, many different varieties of it too. It's also good in a dish I make called Taco Soup.

1 lb ground beef, cooked/drained
1 can black beans, rinsed/drained
1 can corn undrained (fiesta corn works good here)
1 can Rotel undrained (any variety will suffice)
1 TBSP sugar
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup water

Brown ground beef and drain, combine with all other ingredients in saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.

Simple but is good on cold nights.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Yes, many different varieties of it too. It's also good in a dish I make called Taco Soup.

1 lb ground beef, cooked/drained
1 can black beans, rinsed/drained
1 can corn undrained (fiesta corn works good here)
1 can Rotel undrained (any variety will suffice)
1 TBSP sugar
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup water

Brown ground beef and drain, combine with all other ingredients in saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.

Simple but is good on cold nights.
One more ROTEL recipe to add to my collection. I like the HOT variety. Simple is good!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Obviously you aren't familiar with green chili......you wouldn't even consider Rotel in the same class........

From the SantaFe School of Cooking

http://www.santafeschoolofcooking.co...tew/index.html

Quote:
Green Chile Stew

Serves 8

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin or pork butt, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups diced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 cups chicken or beef broth
1 pound red or white potatoes, cut in 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes
2 to 3 teaspoons salt, to taste
3 cups roasted, peeled, chopped green chile or to taste
3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to taste

Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over high heat and brown the meat in batches. Set aside. In the same oil, saute the onions until golden. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute. Return the meat to the pan along with any juices that may have accumulated. Add the broth, potatoes, salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for one hour, un-til the potatoes are tender. Add the green chile and the red bell pepper, and cook 15 to 20 minutes more. Add the cilantro, stir and serve.

Side Bar: At the school we use locally grown green chile when making the stew. It is roasted over a fire or gas flame, peeled and chopped. When the chile is not in season, we use roasted, peeled, chopped, frozen green chile. You could also use freeze-dried green chile in place of the fresh. A combination of mild and hot chiles produce a more balanced flavor.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 AM

Ooooo... The chili Nazi has arrived.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:17 PM

687 posts, read 2,350,236 times
Quote:
One more ROTEL recipe to add to my collection. I like the HOT variety. Simple is good!
Although I can handle hot, I love their cilantro/lime juice. Great flavor to it and usually what I use for that recipe.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 AM

620 posts, read 1,751,902 times
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not what I asked. I thought you were joking but I didn't see any lol or winking emoticons. I was hoping to find a Mexican restaurant that sells good green chile by the pint. It looks like I'll have to make my own. Thanks for the recipe GP.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill236c View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not what I asked. I thought you were joking but I didn't see any lol or winking emoticons. I was hoping to find a Mexican restaurant that sells good green chile by the pint. It looks like I'll have to make my own. Thanks for the recipe GP.

Your best bet would be to contact the restaurants in Tulsa and ask them. I tried to google for the information and came up with a lot of recipes but nothing as far as sales.

GP, that recipe looks delicious. Thanks. It's a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa