Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM

6 posts, read 14,362 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Tulsa. Can anyone suggest any areas? We would like to live somewhere safe, and close to restaurants, shopping, etc. We love areas that have character. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to rent at first and it doesn't matter to us if it is a condo, townhouse, house, or apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 AM

265 posts, read 904,292 times
The Broken Arrow area is really safe and has friendly people. There is new shopping areas going up around the city as well as a lot of good restaurants.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 AM

Default BAGuy

BAGuy, thank you for the comment. I have been noticing a lot of nice new homes, apartment, and condos in that area. It's a little far from downtown Tulsa so I was worried that there wouldn't be much to do in that area.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:01 PM

265 posts, read 904,292 times
There is more and more each month going in. A new movie theater, several restaurants and shops are opening. I would say it will pick up even more as the economy begins to improve. If you are working downtown, the commute is really easy with the Broken Arrow Expressway and Creek Turnpike running through the city. Good luck in your search. If you have any questions about BA, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 PM

45 posts, read 184,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSpur View Post
BAGuy, thank you for the comment. I have been noticing a lot of nice new homes, apartment, and condos in that area. It's a little far from downtown Tulsa so I was worried that there wouldn't be much to do in that area.
Tulsa is one of the most easily commuted cities you will find. I lived there for 22 years and now live in Denver (working on moving back) and I miss the perfect grid and commute times in Tulsa.

However, if you want to improve your commute time to Downtown Tulsa you might try Glenpool which is booming right now. Bixby and Jenks would be great options as well. Jenks is pretty well known for having the best public schools in the area.

Here are some photos of the Jenks Riverwalk area, which is VERY close to Glenpool... You will find that homes are MUCH less expensive in Glenpool (lots of new neighborhoods too) than Jenks and Bixby, and its practically the same area.

http://kotv.com/newsimages/640/49f79a6a-8732-424f-ad9a-cc9074b11344.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
I would suggest Midtown Tulsa. You mention that you were looking for an area with lots of character. Broken Arrow is a nice place but does not have that much character. Midtown Tulsa has some of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the region. Most of the Malls and big box stores are just a few miles south of Midtown. Most of the best and higher end shopping and restaurants are in Midtown around the Utica Square, Cherry Street, and Brookside areas.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:47 AM

258 posts, read 1,014,669 times
I second the Utica, Cherry Street and Brookside areas recommendations. Brookside and Cherry Street were early "main street" type developments, real ones lol, that have evolved into fun, hip, diverse, pedestrian friendly areas of shopping, dining, clubs, basic necessities, etc. They are choc full of character, Cherry street having lots of older brick buildings and Brookside having old streamline deco to contemporary. You will also be near the beautiful River Parks system and close to downtown and its slowly materializing rennaissance. The Utica Square area is fantastic, but VERY pricy in the immediate vacinity, so go out a bit from it and the prices go down to more affordable rates.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:42 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I have been looking online in the areas you suggested and I've found quite a few places I am going to take a look at next week. Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa