U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,363,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
My reference is the top DSL speed that the phone company (AT&T) carries. I was comparing it to Qwest in Colorado for an apples to apples comparison.

I know that cable services are faster but it isn't as fast as a T-100 line. Most people can't/won't shell out the bucks for fiber connections to their home so the next options are DSL or cable.

Schools, most likely, have the T-100 (Gigabit ethernet) connection as they have a large number of computers and servers. That is what is used in large office buildings and major company and university campuses.

My complaint was that the retail internet service provided to the general public in Tulsa is lacking. I don't consider 6 MBPS sufficient for what most people think the internet is capable of doing such as downloading rentals from Netflix or watching live video.

Six megabits is MORE than enough to download movies, apps, etc. I have a five megabit connection here in Texas and it is just fine. I don't know why a person would complain about a true six meg connection.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,242 times
Wonderful! I am from here! Moved away for 3 yrs. I just came ack and wow! The ppl are so rude! The crime is so high! The traffic is so bad! I hate it here and cant wait to get out again! I think most of the ppl here do not know that there is another way to live. I feel sorry for everyone here! Oh, and the despair thin! So true I loved it!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM

7,124 posts, read 9,232,606 times
Thank you. I keep telling people this and they move here anyway, then have the gall to enjoy it............

Old 07-13-2010, 01:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 2,315,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseasekely View Post
Wonderful! I am from here! Moved away for 3 yrs. I just came ack and wow! The ppl are so rude! The crime is so high! The traffic is so bad! I hate it here and cant wait to get out again! I think most of the ppl here do not know that there is another way to live. I feel sorry for everyone here! Oh, and the despair thin! So true I loved it!
Close the gate on your way out.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:00 PM

3,984 posts, read 3,489,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Thank you. I keep telling people this and they move here anyway, then have the gall to enjoy it............
Absolutely.

Everyone needs to listen to Chelsea....that girl knows what she's talking about. Stay away...you won't like it here!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 AM

174 posts, read 231,118 times
I'm comin' anyway!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 AM

215 posts, read 289,931 times
Me too!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 AM

18 posts, read 21,410 times
It's because you stayed in Southeast Tulsa. Only midtown is worth a damn in this city. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 AM

18 posts, read 21,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywacko View Post
"Brand new state" ? Uhm... Enough is enough. Let's make something new. Art Deco might be unique and interesting, BUT how many people do REALLY like Art Deco ???
I do.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 AM

2,672 posts, read 1,464,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaArtist View Post
Stay tuned. The DECOPOLIS will be starting "Second Saturdays Deco Tours" here in the near future. And we will be having Tulsas first ever Gatsby Picnic down by the river, on the lawn of the beautiful Harwelden Mansion, Sunday, Oct. 3rd. Be thinking of a swanky, 20s-40s style outfit to wear lol.
Please keep me posted?! I've basically grown up downtown. I was in the last graduating class of the downtown, Tulsa Central. We use to eat lunch at a little place in the Philtower. (some days). Going to high school in the 70's in a very cool, old building downtown was a blast! I'm so thankful Tulsa finally pulled their heads out of their you-know-whats, and stopped imploding our beautiful buildings. I still bemoan the loss of the Orpehuim Theater and I'm only 51, so I barely remember it.

I've have been on only one tour of the downtown art-deco buildings. It would be fun to do again.

And whoever said Tulsa has four seasons is crazy. We have five months of misery unless you just like hot and humid weather. I don't, but I'm here so I adjust my mind. Begrudgingly. I enjoyed last winter because it actually got cold and stayed cold for longer than 48 hours. We have some of the best thunderstorms of anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa