Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,687,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I hope not! How many times to we have to see people give birth, either acted or on reality TV, there seems to be this obsession with showing people give birth.
Based on the previews, it looks like our choices are to suffer through labor and delivery or not watch the show.

Quote:
Okay Bethenny, we get it, you feel fat, enough complaining already, pregnancy isn't permanent. Jeez, she hasn't even gained that much weight, some women get huge while pregnant.
I'm sure Bethenny upset more of her overweight customers with her fat comments again. I couldn't believe her comment about ankles being the windows to the rear end. She's marketing a product to overweight women and saying such rude things. Having her own show could be the worst thing that could have happened to her business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Could have been satisfied with about 10 minutes of the honeymoon stuff and more of the buying for the baby scenes.
It was a seriously boring episode.

Quote:
They could have saved the skinny dipping for when the cameras were gone, I don't need to see that intimate of a moment between a couple, I'm guessing the camera crew didn't need to see it either.
I'm not prude and that made me uncomfortable. Not the nakedness. But it was their honeymoon and there were cameras. You KNOW they didn't have sex while the camera crew was there. As a result, the entire pool scene was stagged. That's what made me uncomfortable----their not having a real honeymoon with real intimate moments. Totally strange.

Quote:
she was really retaining water. Looks like her doctor would have been a bit concerned about that. I was like............holy gee, she is swollen!
Not sure why you think a doctor should be concerned. I retained about 35 lbs of water. My overall pregnancy gain was 50 lbs. My baby weighed 11.7 lbs. I lost all of my weight within two weeks of giving birth. It was ALL water retention. But I had absolutely no health problems during or after the pregnancy. Pregnant women tend to retain water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM

23,800 posts, read 33,287,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
There are at least 3 sides to every story.
Bethenny's version is how she remembers it.
I don't see that the mother really said anything in that article.

Star "Magazine" Bethenny's Mom Fires Back! She denies Bethenny's assertion that she was a bulimic who was always drinking. Pick up this week's issue of Star — on newsstands now — for more of our interview with Bernadette and to see six never-before-seen photos of Bethenny growing up.

FWIW - her mother looks rail thin.

National Enquirer BETHENNY MOM LIVING HELL

Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,349,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There are at least 3 sides to every story.
Bethenny's version is how she remembers it.
I don't see that the mother really said anything in that article.

Star "Magazine" Bethenny's Mom Fires Back! She denies Bethenny's assertion that she was a bulimic who was always drinking. Pick up this week's issue of Star — on newsstands now — for more of our interview with Bernadette and to see six never-before-seen photos of Bethenny growing up.

My comment wasnt about what the mother said(or didnt say) if was about why is she even talking period. B has talked about her family the entire time she has been on Bravo and now with all thats going on the new show the new baby new husband the mother wants to talk to the tabs?!?!?! I mean come on. Did her father ever feel the need to speak? No maybe Momma B needs a check and this is an easy way to get it.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:19 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,332,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

She looks like the alcoholic she probably is. And talks like one too. Of course she will deny it all. And yes, she probably IS looking for a check. I hope Bethenny doesn't fall for it.
Do I sound bitter? Yep. Dealing with an alcoholic sister for 20+ years will do that to you. She died two years ago - from the alcohol.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I hope Bethenny doesn't fall for it.
There isn't one thing about Bethenny that leads me to believe that she will have pity for her mother.

I'm not saying she should have pity. I'm just saying that you don't need to worry about Bethenny falling for it.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,731,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Not sure why you think a doctor should be concerned. I retained about 35 lbs of water. My overall pregnancy gain was 50 lbs. My baby weighed 11.7 lbs. I lost all of my weight within two weeks of giving birth. It was ALL water retention. But I had absolutely no health problems during or after the pregnancy. Pregnant women tend to retain water.
just because your doctor didn't address the issue didn't mean it shouldn't have been addressed. And as it turns out B's baby was born early so there could have been issues needing to be addressed. I know a LOT of women who don't retain water like that. Most of the ones I know never looked all swollen.

BTW-your weight gain was a lot and with a baby that large I'm surprised you didn't have gestational diabetes. I feel that's way too much fluid retention.
JMHO

Old 07-16-2010, 02:07 PM

5,325 posts, read 8,496,472 times
I was really turned off by the nude swimming scene. That was SOOOOO TACKY in my opinion!!!!!! It makes me think Bethanny is more needy for attention than I previously thought she was. Having her huge naked boobs floating on top of the water- for all of the cameramen to film????? I seriously doubt they have a female camera crew. Possible, but unlikely. I can't believe Jason would want to be shown on national TV cuddling in the water with his naked pregnant bride. Blech. that scene just disgusted me on so many different levels. That type of behavior should have been saved for a private time between them.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:16 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,172,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
I was really turned off by the nude swimming scene. That was SOOOOO TACKY in my opinion!!!!!! It makes me think Bethanny is more needy for attention than I previously thought she was. Having her huge naked boobs floating on top of the water- for all of the cameramen to film????? I seriously doubt they have a female camera crew. Possible, but unlikely. I can't believe Jason would want to be shown on national TV cuddling in the water with his naked pregnant bride. Blech. that scene just disgusted me on so many different levels. That type of behavior should have been saved for a private time between them.
I don't care about nudity at all, and clearly Bethenny is fine with it, but I hated that scene because it should have been an intimate time between newlyweds, those moments should be private, I think she has this idea that she has to open up her whole life to the cameras, it's getting pathological.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
BTW-your weight gain was a lot and with a baby that large I'm surprised you didn't have gestational diabetes. I feel that's way too much fluid retention.
JMHO
My weight gain was not a lot when you take into consideration that I was severely underweight prior to my pregnancy. Doctor was very pleased with my weight.

Definitely did not have gestational diabetes. My child was tested after birth for diabetes because of his birth weight. He was perfectly fine.

I was glad it was all water because I was wearing my regular clothes within two weeks.

Water retention in the lower part of the body is very common and not a big deal during pregnancy.

Swelling During Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

My water retention was not sudden I did not suddenly puff out.

Quote:
just because your doctor didn't address the issue didn't mean it shouldn't have been addressed.
Who said my doctor didn't address the issue?

Quote:
And as it turns out B's baby was born early so there could have been issues needing to be addressed.
Now that I think about it, Bethenny had trouble with her hands swelling. Totally different from my fluid retention.

Quote:
Edema or Fluid Retention is a common occurrence in late pregnancy, and is rarely serious. If you see swelling in your hands and face, however, it can be a sign of a serious complication called preeclampsia (pregnancy induced high blood pressure) and should be reported to the doctor immediately. Preeclampsia should be treated to ensure that blood flow (and thus oxygen and nourishment) to the baby remains unrestricted, and to prevent an even more serious condition called eclampsia (pregnancy-related convulsions) that can be fatal to both mother and baby.

Health Concern During Pregnancy

Old 07-16-2010, 03:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,731,023 times
[quote=Hopes;15069649]

Who said my doctor didn't address the issue?

quote]

Fair enough. My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV