U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2011, 07:33 PM

999 posts, read 683,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
He did say no to parts of it during the 1st season & flat out was livid about his parents not being able to do certain things or invite certain people. He even asked her on camera what part of the wedding was for tv & what part was for them when she was acting her usual psycho self.

I see it exact opposite. If I was Jason, I'd walk out of that bday party where she kept dwelling on things from 20yrs ago. GET.OVER.IT. So you never had a birthday. Wah wah wah. Here are a bunch of people bending over backwards to celebrate her & she mopes around the whole time. Crying every 5 mins. As Jason said & he was spot on, she needed to suck it up & show some appreciation.

We ALL have issues in our past. She just continually needs to rehash them. Over and over and over. And she has no problem constantly talking about her issues.

Jason's family lost a son at 14. That is no easy thing to get over. And I give props to his parents for tolerating half her b.s. I have inlaws like his parents & it can get very suffocating. But I deal w/ it for my children's sake. It's not about me after awhile & my kids deserve a relationship w/ their grandparents regardless if I get annoyed they are too happy.

She did an interview just a few wks ago that she is not perfect, he is not perfect & their marriage is not perfect. But they love each other very much.

After awhile, no matter what sh%t you bring into a marriage, you learn to compromise & put some things to past or else the marriage will fail. Especially when a child is involved.
Good post and right on!

I felt bad for the guests at B party how she was sobbing in that room. Sorry she sounded like a lunatic Get over it already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 10 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,123,825 times
I wouldn't worry about Jason. He seems to be enjoying the private plane rides and shopping for homes in Beverly Hills. Don't expect him to bow out anytime soon.

By the way, I came across his brother's obit today.

HOPPY, Bryan D., 1970-1991 - EasternPa - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

I found it fascinating that Jason is a wee bit touchy when it comes to the "mama's boy" thing. It looks like he's right on track. When filmed, that would have been about the time where he should start to realize he might be somewhat rigid after being a bachelor for so long. I noticed he's backing off and finding his way.

Newly-marrieds always have to learn about each other and how to compromise. It takes time.

But what I found really bizarre was the show completely cut out Johnny Weir from the skating show. What gives? They showed to the two other judges comments and scores, but no Johnny? And Weir's remarks and scores were highly controversial.

I smell a lawyer...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,079,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
He did say no to parts of it during the 1st season & flat out was livid about his parents not being able to do certain things or invite certain people. He even asked her on camera what part of the wedding was for tv & what part was for them when she was acting her usual psycho self.
And, yet, he still signed a season 2 contract and seems very comfortable in front of the cameras.

Quote:
I see it exact opposite. If I was Jason, I'd walk out of that bday party where she kept dwelling on things from 20yrs ago. GET.OVER.IT. So you never had a birthday. Wah wah wah. Here are a bunch of people bending over backwards to celebrate her & she mopes around the whole time. Crying every 5 mins. As Jason said & he was spot on, she needed to suck it up & show some appreciation.
It has nothing to do with her having or not having a b'day party when she was young. She is uncomfortable having people make a big deal and all the party crap. I'm the same way. At an old job of mine, it was an "office thing" where they would have a "suprise party" lunch and cake for everyone's b'day. I absolutely DREADED the day coming and had even considered taking the day off but didn't. Walking in, just knowing about the "surprise" had me completely anxious and I was completely uncomfortable the entire time of the party. It's just not my thing and I don't like it. And, yes, it is based upon things that happened in my childhood and young adulthood, well over 25-30 years ago. I don't have to "get over it". If I tell my husband I don't want a party, why in the world would he FORCE a big party on me??????

Quote:
Jason's family lost a son at 14. That is no easy thing to get over. And I give props to his parents for tolerating half her b.s. I have inlaws like his parents & it can get very suffocating. But I deal w/ it for my children's sake. It's not about me after awhile & my kids deserve a relationship w/ their grandparents regardless if I get annoyed they are too happy.
I'm sure a huge part of it has to do with the fact that, because of Bethenny, their son is financially set for life.

Quote:
She did an interview just a few wks ago that she is not perfect, he is not perfect & their marriage is not perfect. But they love each other very much.

After awhile, no matter what sh%t you bring into a marriage, you learn to compromise & put some things to past or else the marriage will fail. Especially when a child is involved.
And where, exactly, does Jason's "compromise" come in???

Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 PM

42 posts, read 51,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

But what I found really bizarre was the show completely cut out Johnny Weir from the skating show. What gives? They showed to the two other judges comments and scores, but no Johnny? And Weir's remarks and scores were highly controversial.
I think it's publicly know that Bethany HATES Johnny and he wasn't fond of her either. At one point on Skating With The Stars, she had made a remark similar to "I don't care what the judges think or rate me" and he retort was that "if you don't care, I don't care either". So they got into a big pissing contest/fight and I think she wants none of him in her life or her show. I imagine that she has some creative input as to editing of her show so she probably told Bravo not to put him in AT ALL. I agree with her, Johnny is/was an a$$.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,876,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
And, yet, he still signed a season 2 contract and seems very comfortable in front of the cameras.

It has nothing to do with her having or not having a b'day party when she was young. She is uncomfortable having people make a big deal and all the party crap. I'm the same way. At an old job of mine, it was an "office thing" where they would have a "suprise party" lunch and cake for everyone's b'day. I absolutely DREADED the day coming and had even considered taking the day off but didn't. Walking in, just knowing about the "surprise" had me completely anxious and I was completely uncomfortable the entire time of the party. It's just not my thing and I don't like it. And, yes, it is based upon things that happened in my childhood and young adulthood, well over 25-30 years ago. I don't have to "get over it". If I tell my husband I don't want a party, why in the world would he FORCE a big party on me??????

I'm sure a huge part of it has to do with the fact that, because of Bethenny, their son is financially set for life.

And where, exactly, does Jason's "compromise" come in???
I would have been LIVID if I told people that I truly didn't want a bday party and felt somewhat forced because that is what THEY wanted. Then to have them ignore what she wanted re speeches was quite rude. Jason needs to listen to her and know that forcing her to do anything, whether it is visiting his parents for the umpteenth time or having a party she clearly doesn't want, is bound to create a fight.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I would have been LIVID if I told people that I truly didn't want a bday party and felt somewhat forced because that is what THEY wanted. Then to have them ignore what she wanted re speeches was quite rude. Jason needs to listen to her and know that forcing her to do anything, whether it is visiting his parents for the umpteenth time or having a party she clearly doesn't want, is bound to create a fight.
Absolutely.

He's very set in his ways, passive-aggressive, and refuses to compromise. The big unveiling of the parents/son group gift was cringe-worthy. But the more money that rolls in, the more he shuts up. I think Bethenny is aware of all of this and loves him anyway. The former pharmaceutical rep is a very lucky boy. I also notice he's not working anymore and she's kindly set him up with a "Jason is so much better at handling these things" pseudo-job.

Have to love the group of women that were firmly embedded in the "Bethenny is so lucky to have him as a husband. You wait. He's going to leave her" camp. That smacks of "a woman needs a man and we are darn lucky to get anything." ugh.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM

7,129 posts, read 13,850,341 times
You tube - skating with the stars- winner announced

Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM

17,605 posts, read 25,281,892 times
Wonder if Bryn had a birthday party?

Bethandthecity does need to deal with her issues regarding her dad. Not saying that Jason did the right thing either ... he should have respected her wishes ... d-bag moves on both of their parts.

I don't think that Bethandthecity WANTS to let go of the resentment she has toward her late father. She doesn't want closure. She doesn't want closure because THAT emotion is what has driven her to be as successful as she is. If she moves on with peace in her heart, she loses her mojo. Sad way to go through life, IMHO. Bryn will bear the brunt of it and she'll grow up seeing mom and dad fighting over her man issues. Jason sees it as being ungrateful for his trying to do something nice and then Bethandthecity sees it as him not respecting her ... 2 polar opposite viewpoints, both with some validity, but completely mixed messages ... they had better sort this crap out before Bryn understands what mommy and daddy are fighting over or else she'll be Bryninthecity.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Wonder if Bryn had a birthday party?
She was born May 10, or something close to that.

I have a similar upbringing, too. It doesn't rule your life but it is part of your life. You accept it and let it go but it is always there in the background.

Having that child will change everything for her. She'll have parties for her daughter and it will heal Bethenny. Having my daughter was my life-changing force. It breaks the cycle and is amazing.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 AM

17,605 posts, read 25,281,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
She was born May 10, or something close to that.
wonder if she'll HAVE a birthday party????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV