U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-25-2011, 10:47 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,059,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
If another real housewife copycats the clothing/jewelry/music plan, my head might explode. It's as if these women share the same brain cell. I'm not sure they understand that Bethenny's success is due to her original concepts.
I was watching a repeat today of one of the new eps of RH of NYC and, speaking of copycats, Kellyhieeeeeeee was talking about how she wants to get married and have a baby. Hmmmmm......

At last year's reunion, she "invented a new drink". During last season, she mentioned that she "wrote a book" (both of her books are actually books of photos, not reading books). She's so desperately jealous of Bethenny and copies her in any way she can. Single White Female, anyone?

Just to mention the clothes/jewelry? Ramona's business was in place long before RH of NYC. Jill, on the other hand? Her new clothing line? Snoooooze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM

5,484 posts, read 4,012,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I was watching a repeat today of one of the new eps of RH of NYC and, speaking of copycats, Kellyhieeeeeeee was talking about how she wants to get married and have a baby. Hmmmmm......

At last year's reunion, she "invented a new drink". During last season, she mentioned that she "wrote a book" (both of her books are actually books of photos, not reading books). She's so desperately jealous of Bethenny and copies her in any way she can. Single White Female, anyone?

Just to mention the clothes/jewelry? Ramona's business was in place long before RH of NYC. Jill, on the other hand? Her new clothing line? Snoooooze.
You have to be kidding, Jill has a clothing line? Ugh!

I don't know what to say about Kelly, she probably does need someone around who can take care of her, but I don't think she needs more children right now.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 PM

1,677 posts, read 813,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Just because someone's only hobby is shopping doesn't make them a designer

It sure doesn't

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...ZEZJWp9kbl.jpg

Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post

Yeah, Ramona has a legitimate claim to that. The only one with a legitimate claim to the music industry is Kandi from Atlanta.

Kelly has a jewelry line too - or did, not sure if she still does. She was sued for stealing someone's design.

She invented a drink too? Of course she did.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Ramona has a legitimate claim to that. The only one with a legitimate claim to the music industry is Kandi from Atlanta.

Kelly has a jewelry line too - or did, not sure if she still does. She was sued for stealing someone's design.

She invented a drink too? Of course she did.
Ramona is not a designer though is she? Doesn't she buy and sell overstocks and things like that? It has always seemed her business is very lucrative. When she got on the show she started the skin care thing which is another tired celebrity idea, but she may have the perseverance and work ethic to pull it off, I don't think it's named after her which is a good idea for when her fame ends.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Ramona is not a designer though is she? Doesn't she buy and sell overstocks and things like that? It has always seemed her business is very lucrative. When she got on the show she started the skin care thing which is another tired celebrity idea, but she may have the perseverance and work ethic to pull it off, I don't think it's named after her which is a good idea for when her fame ends.
I don't think she is a designer per se, but she claims to design her jewelry which, from my understanding, is updated versions of vintage jewelry designs.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I don't think she is a designer per se, but she claims to design her jewelry which, from my understanding, is updated versions of vintage jewelry designs.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 6 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,047,160 times
What Bethenny did was make her margarita without preservatives or artificial colors and sweetened it with agave nectar. It was smart. She made one on season one and got so many inquiries that she knew she was on to something.

I give Ramona kudos for actually already being a savvy business woman, too. And when she came out with the skin care line she knew enough to dial back the nastiness on the show. I don't know if it helped or her sales figures. Meanwhile poor Alex is trying desperately to cash in but is amping up the aggressiveness which I think will backfire.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 AM

1,297 posts, read 1,763,003 times
OK I watched the Bethenny episode last night and what was Bethenny doing with her skating partner? She went to Malibou and suddenly they are taking walks on the beach, having dance parties and flirting nonstop? I know she didn't do anything and maybe it's just because I'm kind of a jealous person but if I were Jason seeing that on TV I would wonder what's going on. From the preview for next week you see Jason walking in and saying "what are you doing here" or something along those lines to her dance partner. I was just yelling WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! at the screen while watching. Especially when he got on the table and started dancing with her. Ugh. So uncomfortable to watch. And her dance partner (no idea what his name is) is annoying and obnoxious. His eyes always look like they are bugging out of his head and his smile is so BIG, he looks kind of cartoonish.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,474,367 times
Quote:
Oh yea, forgot about the jewelry. I think she had that going before RH though. It's their family business I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV