Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
OK I watched the Bethenny episode last night and what was Bethenny doing with her skating partner? She went to Malibou and suddenly they are taking walks on the beach, having dance parties and flirting nonstop? I know she didn't do anything and maybe it's just because I'm kind of a jealous person but if I were Jason seeing that on TV I would wonder what's going on. From the preview for next week you see Jason walking in and saying "what are you doing here" or something along those lines to her dance partner. I was just yelling WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! at the screen while watching. Especially when he got on the table and started dancing with her. Ugh. So uncomfortable to watch. And her dance partner (no idea what his name is) is annoying and obnoxious. His eyes always look like they are bugging out of his head and his smile is so BIG, he looks kind of cartoonish.
I think Jason said "what's going on here" or something, but I'm almost certain it had nothing to do with Ice Coach (forgot his name). I didn't think it was a big deal, personally. It was innocent; and I think she invited him because they've become friends and he lives in California. Plus, Bethenny's buddies all seem to get quite a bit of airtime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

I think there are some people that watch the show and get really jealous and angry. I don't understand that. And there's some people that just don't like Bethenny. That I "get." There's plenty of people I don't like and refuse to watch. Barbara Walters is a good example.
Jealous of what? It's a tv show! She has issues in her life. He has issues in his life. They have issues in their marriage. If anything, it is all intensified to the impf degree b/c it is ALL put out there.

Personally, I would like to know how she got the backing for SkinnyGirl. How did she do it? It's impressive! It did not happen overnight & she worked hard for it. I'm sure it is in her book, I just haven't looked.

I find the comments of "she can have it all/do it all" sorta silly as last night's episode proved she can't do it all & more importantly, she doesn't want to do it all. It takes a toll on everyone. She looked awful. I read her article in Redbook or something a few wks back at the dentist...she regrets doing Skating w/ the Stars. Said it was very selfish b/c she was trying to prove a point & instead created many issues & actually did get very sick.

Barbara Walters....argh.

Oprah for me. I refuse to watch Oprah.

Bethenney is a show. It's edited.

Brynn is so stinkin cute though!!

If she did sell SkinnyGirl, I am interested in knowing why. I highly assume she sold the name but still has a stake in the business. She worked too hard to sell it in such a short amount of time. That income is Brynn's college education!!! Now, THAT I am jealous of!! I wish I could figure out a way to get more saved for my boys schooling than I do.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Jealous of what? It's a tv show! She has issues in her life. He has issues in his life. They have issues in their marriage. If anything, it is all intensified to the impf degree b/c it is ALL put out there.

Personally, I would like to know how she got the backing for SkinnyGirl. How did she do it? It's impressive! It did not happen overnight & she worked hard for it. I'm sure it is in her book, I just haven't looked.

I find the comments of "she can have it all/do it all" sorta silly as last night's episode proved she can't do it all & more importantly, she doesn't want to do it all. It takes a toll on everyone. She looked awful. I read her article in Redbook or something a few wks back at the dentist...she regrets doing Skating w/ the Stars. Said it was very selfish b/c she was trying to prove a point & instead created many issues & actually did get very sick.

Barbara Walters....argh.

Bethenney is a show. It's edited.

Brynn is so stinkin cute though!!

If she did sell SkinnyGirl, I am interested in knowing why. I highly assume she sold the name but still has a stake in the business. She worked too hard to sell it in such a short amount of time. That income is Brynn's college education!!! Now, THAT I am jealous of!! I wish I could figure out a way to get more saved for my boys schooling than I do.
When most people say a woman can do it all, they mean she can be a wonderful loving parent, and successful working woman, something men have done forever. Some people simply try to do too much, and wipe themselves out. No one person can do everything, we all have physical and emotional limits, but the basic idea that both men and women can have families, and lives outside the family is important.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
I know. But you and I know that there are people out there that have very limited lives and most of it involves watching tv. When that's all you have these television characters become part of their lives.

Quote:
She mentions it in the last episode. She went knocking on doors and they all sent her packing but David Kanbar.

You know a good portion of my story. One day I had little to nothing, the next day I had $30,000 and was starting a business. Due to road construction, I lost it all and then some. Now it looks like the business will be taken by eminent domain and I will get some of my money back. And so it goes...

Quote:
It happens. Last year at this time I was completely laid out. I was selling homes, starting a business, running a household, corralling a husband and raising a child. This year, not so much.

Quote:
She jumped the shark when she told everyone to get better bras but directed them to go to a high-end store in very limited markets to do this. At that point, I knew she lost touch. The road trip with Gayle confirmed it.

Quote:
Oh, she will be a huge part of the margarita and beyond. Want to know how she did what she did?

Well, here you go.

How Frankel used reality TV to earn $120M - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com

Life is not what happens to other people. I hope Bethenny is a huge inspiration to all of us. I think that's why she's so incredibly popular. Most of us can relate.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,690 times
Omg, please It is for entertainment only. If it makes one mad or jealous dont watch it jmo

Old 04-26-2011, 05:54 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
This link below has a very interesting history of Skyy Spirits, the company that David Kanbar is from - he was recruited by his uncle. After reading the article, I am not surprised that David Kanbar joined forces with Betthany, a reality star who came up with a new concept for an alcohol product. It fits right into the history of that company. He clearly would be the right person to help her bring the product to market. I wonder how she met him.
Skyy Spirits, LLC: Information from Answers.com

Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
This link below has a very interesting history of Skyy Spirits, the company that David Kanbar is from - he was recruited by his uncle. After reading the article, I am not surprised that David Kanbar joined forces with Betthany, a reality star who came up with a new concept for an alcohol product. It fits right into the history of that company. He clearly would be the right person to help her bring the product to market. I wonder how she met him.
Skyy Spirits, LLC: Information from Answers.com
Great research. Thank you for that. You are right. No wonder he could see that Bethenny was on to something, just like Uncle Maurice and Skyy Vodka.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:19 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
OK I watched the Bethenny episode last night and what was Bethenny doing with her skating partner? She went to Malibou and suddenly they are taking walks on the beach, having dance parties and flirting nonstop? I know she didn't do anything and maybe it's just because I'm kind of a jealous person but if I were Jason seeing that on TV I would wonder what's going on. From the preview for next week you see Jason walking in and saying "what are you doing here" or something along those lines to her dance partner. I was just yelling WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! at the screen while watching. Especially when he got on the table and started dancing with her. Ugh. So uncomfortable to watch. And her dance partner (no idea what his name is) is annoying and obnoxious. His eyes always look like they are bugging out of his head and his smile is so BIG, he looks kind of cartoonish.
I just watched this weeks episode, I didn't see that at all, they just seemed like friends to me, they just don't have that sort of chemistry, I really don't think either one of them feel anything, but friendship. I never ice skated, but I did used to do theatre and dance, it's pretty common for people in that world to be very comfortable being very physically, and emotionally close to each other when there is no romance, in that world the bounderies are lower because you work so closely with people. I will say, I'm not a jealous person at all, my fiancee' actually gets a little annoyed that I'm never jealous, so I might not notice things others do. Jason doesn't seem like a jealous person either so I'm sure he's fine. I agree the partner is annoying, I'm not a fan of him at all.

On another topic, it's okay to poop in the RV, she's being weird about that. It doesn't smell, or cause any problems as long as you don't let it build up too long, they use chemicals that help break down the waste and prevent smelling. You have pump it regularly anyway. My parents were avid RVers, my dad still goes out with a group at 82. I love RVs, I don't know why, I just always have ever since I was a kid. I wish I could pack up my family and workers, and take a RV trip for my business, that would be a blast.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I just watched this weeks episode, I didn't see that at all, they just seemed like friends to me, they just don't have that sort of chemistry, I really don't think either one of them feel anything, but friendship. I never ice skated, but I did used to do theatre and dance, it's pretty common for people in that world to be very comfortable being very physically, and emotionally close to each other when there is no romance, in that world the bounderies are lower because you work so closely with people. I will say, I'm not a jealous person at all, my fiancee' actually gets a little annoyed that I'm never jealous, so I might not notice things others do. Jason doesn't seem like a jealous person either so I'm sure he's fine. I agree the partner is annoying, I'm not a fan of him at all.
Maybe I was being dramatic... I, on the other hand, am something of a jealous person (something I'm working on!) so I guess that's the difference. I was just putting myself in Jason's shoes and if it were me watching my spouse I would think it's somewhat inappropriate.

I think she's being ridiculous about pooping in the RV too. What is the bathroom there for if not to use?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Great research. Thank you for that. You are right. No wonder he could see that Bethenny was on to something, just like Uncle Maurice and Skyy Vodka.
That was an interesting read!
I will no longer look at Skyy Vodka the same. I had no idea the concept behind it & the importance of the impurities not being in the vodka.
It makes sense now how he saw her vision & how he was able to work w/ her on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV