Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Well, how were they supposed to react? They all want to win, so if they all said "meh" when they revealed Paula Dean, they might as well shut down their burners and go home.
Monti was crying when she saw dean. Maybe shes her idol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 03:17 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
I've watched so many of Paula's shows when she was on TV. Though any one of her meals would probably give you a stroke, I have to admit....some of her fried concoctions look like they'd give me multiple yumgasms.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Say what one will about her, she has been extraordinarily successful in her chosen profession and no doubt could provide excellent connections, etc. for someone just starting out.
Only a fool would scoff at that opportunity.
Yeah, but for years she was pushing her crappy southern cooking, deep frying and adding sugar and fats to everything, selling her shows and appearances and cookbooks, essentially knowingly making the public ill for her own profit - because all along she had diabetes, which she kept a secret and she obviously no longer ate that junk that she was peddling to the public. She should be shunned from tv. Shame on Ramsay for putting that two faced old hag on his show.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yeah, but for years she was pushing her crappy southern cooking, deep frying and adding sugar and fats to everything, selling her shows and appearances and cookbooks, essentially knowingly making the public ill for her own profit - because all along she had diabetes, which she kept a secret and she obviously no longer ate that junk that she was peddling to the public. She should be shunned from tv. Shame on Ramsay for putting that two faced old hag on his show.
And?

Do people not have a choice in what they eat? There is nothing wrong with eating any of her type of food as long, as with everything else, it is done in moderation.

Ms Deen has certainly paid the price for her 'lifestyle.' I, for one, was thrilled to see her looking so fit and healthy.
But then, I'm a sucker for a redemption story.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And?

Do people not have a choice in what they eat? There is nothing wrong with eating any of her type of food as long, as with everything else, it is done in moderation.

Ms Deen has certainly paid the price for her 'lifestyle.' I, for one, was thrilled to see her looking so fit and healthy.
But then, I'm a sucker for a redemption story.
It's not really redemption. It is her reacting to a loss of income when people found out her back story and her trying to recapture that income.

The woman's only sense of responsibility is to her own pocketbook, and obviously, the public be damned.

The American public is obese, obviously many need guidance in selecting proper foods. Paula has chosen to make her bucks by promoting obesity. That is just disgusting. The woman is a pig. Her entire persona seems so phony. Makes you wonder what kind of mind would fall for her bs.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
sorry I stopped watching this show after the first year it got boring and the same old same old and honestly I dont ike stuck up ppl and that Joe guy who is the lady( lydia s off pbs ) her son . I cannot believe that she is so nice and she kind of watches peoples feelings at least that is the vibe I got from her when they had her on there . I just think he is really rude to people at times and cannot stand to watch someone being berated or belittled .

Old 07-24-2012, 01:41 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times
That ended up being one of the most interesting episodes of MasterChef. I definitely liked the idea, because it was clear that some of the best chefs were getting knocked off simply because of the format. And I was not surprised at all to see Josh and Ryan being the two to compete to get back in.

People really hate Ryan, but he's a great cook. The problem is that he's very hit or miss; which can be very detrimental given MasterChef's format. Josh is definitely one of the best cooks there, and it was a series of bad luck events that lead to him losing; so definitely glad to see him have an opportunity to get back in.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
That ended up being one of the most interesting episodes of MasterChef. I definitely liked the idea, because it was clear that some of the best chefs were getting knocked off simply because of the format. And I was not surprised at all to see Josh and Ryan being the two to compete to get back in.
Agree 100%. Both Ryan and Josh are better than the hispanic guy (can't remember his name). And I felt that it would've been unfair if Ryan was able to return to the show. I mean, he missed like 6 episodes/challenges. For this guy to be one of the first to go over a month ago, only to cook one good dish and be thrown into the top 6? Didn't really seem fair to me.

I mean hell, some of the comments from the remaining chefs talked about how scared they all were of Josh, so its obvious the show got it wrong when he was sent home. As several folks have already mentioned, there's got to be a better way to send people home. Because some of the better chefs have gone home while weaker chefs have remain.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
Martinez - that's the Mexican guys last name. I think his first name is David or Ryan? Either way, I don't know how he is still in the competition.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Martinez - that's the Mexican guys last name. I think his first name is David or Ryan? Either way, I don't know how he is still in the competition.
You're right...David Martinez. And i agree with you that there's no way he should still be there.

Did you notice when chef Ramsey asked them who should not be up there in the top 5, both Ryan and Josh said David Martinez.

The way chefs are kicked off the show is kinda making it weird. There's no way that Josh, who most of the people left in the competition said that Josh was top 5 material, should've gone home in the first place.

and if you guys remember a few weeks back, Josh should've been picked by his team to be safe from the pressure challenge, because he screwed up the least during that cowboy steak service. He was the one that told Monti the sweet mash taters would be a bad idea, but she did it anyway, and it ended up being the downfall of the team. Also, when that one girl was on steaks and burning them, she called Josh in to take over the grill and save the day, which he did.

Last edited by skins_fan82; 07-24-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV