Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

My wife and I liked Josh a lot at first, but his ego is starting to annoy me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 AM

884 posts, read 1,172,100 times
I think the final 2 will be Becky and Josh and then Becky will win...that seems to be their pattern.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Frankly, I'm shocked Christine is still in it. I thought they would keep her around a few weeks for a good story, but man, from what I have seen she freaking deserves it. Her food looks consistently better than pretty much all the rest. I'm not sure how she does it.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Becky does seem to have the inside track but I'm hoping Christine wins. She's so good and clearly has the best palate on the show. She needs to go with her guts instincts and take more chances.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,669 times
Wow, I sincerely thought it was going to be either the two women, or Josh & Becky. Becky sure got a raw deal with those frog legs! But, it was her potatoes that were her downfall. I think there would have been a different outcome if they could have chosen their own protein.

Then again... they did that at the beginning of the show, and Becky totally flubbed her dish. Why would you choose something you weren't 100% sure you could prepare well? She mangled that poor fish.

I'm glad Christine got through!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
I wouldn't be surprised if Josh won the entire show based off last night's final dish. Christine had chicken, she made fried chicken. becky had frog legs, and she made fried frogs legs.

Josh had a rack of lamb, and created a masterpiece. I've honestly never heard of the dish he put together, but it look amazing. The judges were blown away. Josh continues to take risks and presents dishes that are completely outside the box, and I think the judges really, really like that about him.

I'll admit i really wanted to try the fried chicken though LOL.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Josh won the entire show based off last night's final dish. Christine had chicken, she made fried chicken. becky had frog legs, and she made fried frogs legs.

Josh had a rack of lamb, and created a masterpiece. I've honestly never heard of the dish he put together, but it look amazing. The judges were blown away. Josh continues to take risks and presents dishes that are completely outside the box, and I think the judges really, really like that about him.

I'll admit i really wanted to try the fried chicken though LOL.
You've posted EXACTLY what I was thinking when watching the show last night! So thanks for the great post....I couldn't agree more!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
I was thinking Christine shouldn't have chosen the chicken since I think the judges give a little extra weight to dishes with less common proteins. It did look good though. What I want to know is do these home cooks really have all these recipes memorized that they use throughout the competition? Amazing!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:02 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
What was the dish that Josh made called? It looked so good.

Christine's dish looked really good also. She is amazing.

I don't like frogs legs, so I wasn't into Becky's dish at all. Although, as far as frogs legs go, they did look good.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
What I want to know is, how do 'home chefs' even know what dishes like Josh made are? That's no average dinner. Seems like people have some professional training which doesn't really fit the premise to me. Oh well, fun show anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV