Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 02:10 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Survivor keeps on throwing in Chickens to create some sort of drama. Come on now, where are all the Vegans? You'd think the constant Cali Casting would snag one or two, and wouldn't that create the little in-fight? Course they would go all Russell H and set them Free, that is if they'll leave the cage.

The majority was right here. Saving a couple chickens in hopes that there would be Eggs is somehow silly considering they aren't colonizing the place. 30+ days and yer gone at best, so what the heck, eat them one by one - it's the only way to go.

Tyrone was losing the battle when the tribe first got back to camp, and then he had to go against the grain with them concerning the chicken. Not to mention hogging the most meat for his own self. He wrote his own ticket home, even with Nanook of the North crying about the cold wet accomodations and her need for a hasty exit from the game. And what about gimpy Dan, huh? Tyrone created enough bad karma that no one even considered Dan the Man.

I think we haven't seen the last of NaNook's venom and spite. That warm fuzzy was only and edit, one they likely had to drug her to get.
LOL--one The Best post yet this season!!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Man the edits and interviews are all over the place!
What happened to NeighOinKer? Suddenly she's just meek and quiet and pathetic - and again with her being the primary interviewed - enough! And again with Marty - aren't there any other people playing for crying out loud!
Where is the strategy? Why wasn't anyone on Espada trying to make deals to get numbers by voting off whoever?
Instead its people shuffling around well Tyrone is irritating and ate more chicken - good lord. Who knows whether he really did or not (can't trust the edits) or whether Benry was just making a big deal about it because he was trying to get him voted out. Why not just a young vs. old alliance lets get rid of an old person? LIKE DAN!
Then the hen instead of the rooster, I could not believe my eyes GEEZUS!
I'm pretty disgusted with casting - they have a bunch of shrinks and casting staff that supposedly carefully pick these people - so why did Dan even pass the physical? Who are all these passive people? I agree with not making alliances too early but they don't even show people talking about their ideas, their strategy cuz they are too busy showing the NeighOinker and Marty show.
Then Marty shows everyone his HII. I don't know what to think, he's supposedly has a chess master strategy for that but wasn't it Jill's idea in the first place? Why carry it over to the new tribe?
And why isn't Jeff asking if anyone has the HII at tribal? Its like they never put them out there - yet two people have them!
I was patient but I'm getting a little disgusted, this has not been a good season but its been a let down, no reason why it shouldn't have been though.
Not sure how much I like Alina but she showed some smoothness at TC when Jeff tried to get her to make an enemy of Tyrone and she very quickly figured out to stay away from the real confrontation and play it down while still answering. I'm assuming she did that knowing what she was doing, if so well played.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK I'm mad somebody came here to pick something up at 8:00pm when they were supposed to be here at 6:30pm. So I missed the first 12 minutes so can somebody please DM me how that all took place and why. Also what happened to the
Spoiler
power medallion??

Spoiler
Nay wasn't so tough this week huh? What a loud mouth bully she is very weak mentally & physically. They should have sent her packing tonight.

Yep, they should send NaBonka home. She is tooo Crazy...

Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
Here's what happened. Each tribe drew a stone out of a bag to select captains. The captain from the old tribe chose four young people and the captain from the young tribe chose three old people. So that left one tribe with four old and four young and the other with three young and five old. Jeff took the medallion and said it was done.
I think the producers saw the old vs. young and the medallion weren't working out.
Woo hoo excellent post thank you for catching me up. Yep I believe the producers saw how stupid that medallion thing was. It would have worked had the teams been more evenly divided. There was no reason the young ones needed to use it once they had it really. So that was a squash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Through careful editing, we now are supposed to feel sorry for the evil gangsta NaDonkey. I have to hand it to the producers, they know how to keep people watching, which equals ratings, which equals advertising dollars, which is what tv is all about.
I don't feel sorry for her one little lip shivering bit what a weak weak bully she is. They should have tossed her out at TC.

Tyrone leaving was stupid he did do better in challenges than other guys did. Plus all I saw him mostly nawing on bones with no meat so maybe he was sucking on the bones after everybody finished eating. I wouldn't have killed the chicken either those eggs give lots of protein. Plus I would have stewed it as Mercury posted, later they could have cooked some rice in the broth for great flavor.

I liked the water challenge wasn't any different than when we were kids squirting water at each other at our lake to me. Fairly balanced but Marty was stinking up the place. He didn't give Jill any credit on finding the II huh? When he hung it up on that tree after telling them he had it first thing I said was I would go snatch it. What's he going to do? It is only power for the one that holds it and USES it.

I just don't get why city slickers try out for this show and come so unprepared! Bet most of them have never even went primitive camping in their lives. No offense to any city slickers reading this.

So tell me whose team is Jane on now? I lost her in it all last night. She is leading our leader board here for now to win it all. Come on the woman started fire the first day with no flint.

The assessment posted about the young team not wanting to have any order was spot on. Remember we all thought we were smarter than our parents, then our bosses and nobody was going to tell us what to do. Then real life grabs you by the seat of the pants at some point & we fall into being our parents, somebody's boss and learn to roll our eyes at the young whipper snappers that think they know everything. 'Member???? Come on guys you 'member.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I just don't get why city slickers try out for this show and come so unprepared! Bet most of them have never even went primitive camping in their lives. No offense to any city slickers reading this.
I would reduce it further. If your perception of food supply is that food comes from the grocery store, and beyond that you do not care, never go on Survivor. Just don't do it. I have been shocked when urban friends of mine, when asked what they'd do in case of a complete civil breakdown, said: "Wait for help. Someone will help us." That's the problem: the mentality that knows only how to wait for help from others, rather than craft some form of solution. And that's why I hated living in Seattle, and I like living in a smaller city. One reason to enjoy Survivor is to see how self-reliant and tough people can be, including some surprisingly urban people who seem to find themselves bearing up under rain, hunger, thirst and emotional stress. Good for them.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I guess I just didn't see it that way. It seemed to me that he just wanted things to run smoothly so everything would get done and it wouldn't be a battle with anyone. Even trying to put myself in that younger mindset again (I'm 36 now), it didn't seem like he was trying to be controlling. Even with the chicken he stated that it was his "opinion." Maybe he fought it harder and it didn't make the edit, but it seemed to me he was just giving a very reasonable opinion without barking orders.
You missed my point, and rather blatantly enough that I question the thoroughness of your reading. I think what Tyrone did was totally reasonable, partly because I'm his age. I also think it was tremendously unwise of him from a longevity-in-game standpoint. When young adults feel they are being given rules--even if what they are being given is total common sense and perfectly reasonable--they get annoyed, and they might vote you out. Tyrone was completely right, justified and naïf. He was obviously never an RA in the dorms of a major university, classy fellow though he is.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
LOL

Which brings up a point I have about Chase - if he's soooo country why did he not know this.
Because a country BOY wouldn't be caught dead doing any cooking unless it was on the tailgate of a monster truck. I mean come on...a country boy's job is shootin' and chawin' and drinkin' and watchin' Nascar -- usually all at the same time.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Because a country BOY wouldn't be caught dead doing any cooking unless it was on the tailgate of a monster truck. I mean come on...a country boy's job is shootin' and chawin' and drinkin' and watchin' Nascar -- usually all at the same time.
Gives new meaning to the word multi-tasking. LOL.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:07 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Default Tyrone plays race card....damn shame he did that

Survivor's Tyrone: Race 'Probably' Played a Part in Elimination - Survivor : People.com

Thought he had more class then he goes and tosses out unfounded allegations. Can't even give an example. Tsk Tsk Tyrone
Hence the reason some people don't take racism seriously and doubt it exist. Don't go throwing allegations out there unless it's so absolutely true that you can pinpoint exactly when it happened and what happened.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Survivor's Tyrone: Race 'Probably' Played a Part in Elimination - Survivor : People.com

Thought he had more class then he goes and tosses out unfounded allegations. Can't even give an example. Tsk Tsk Tyrone
Hence the reason some people don't take racism seriously and doubt it exist. Don't go throwing allegations out there unless it's so absolutely true that you can pinpoint exactly when it happened and what happened.
Exactly. Put up or shut up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV