U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM

5,521 posts, read 6,122,219 times

Advertisements

Anyone else feel Jeff was inserting himself into things with comments a little more than usual? I noticed it and I usually don't.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 PM

9,994 posts, read 7,126,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Anyone else feel Jeff was inserting himself into things with comments a little more than usual? I noticed it and I usually don't.

LOL........hell no-he's always stirring the pot. Love it!

Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 PM

13,625 posts, read 8,210,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
Geezers!?!?

*GASP* SHAME on you! You should go wash your mouth out with soap and learn to have some respect for your geezers...er, elders.

Geezers. Hmmph. I'm one of those "geezers" (you didn't hear me say that) and we're gonna whomp you whipper-snappers' A$$E$!

Playin' with ya'.

Geezers. Yeahhhhhh.

*Shyspider mumbling under his breath...."Snotty disrespectful younger generation. I'll show THEM who's a geezer".*

LOL!

Oh, this should be fun. Looking forward to it.

Everyone ready? Show's coming on in less than 10 minutes.
Hee-hee, shy! I is a geezer too! I ain't no young 'un!

[quote=slamont61;15907439]Russell H would have on the first night.

quote]

I was thinking the same thing about the leg and how Russell would've scoffed it right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post

Could not believe, could not believe, the idiocy of the Old tribe's bucket gal at the top, just slopping it all over the place. Either she was too weak to manage the bucket, in which case one needs to pour less water at a time, or she did not comprehend the need to pour the water with caution, in which case she is stupid.
Another "same thing" I was thinking last night...how sloppy whoever was pouring the water was!

Never cared for Jimmy Johnson but that's because The Cowboys were THEE team back in his day. Don't have to feel that way anymore. I liked him and was nervous that he was going to be sent packing last night! I don't hold much hope that Jimmy will survive very long...not with jealous idiots like that spastic fisherman from Glouster, Mass., Jimmy T! He sounded like he was on a "trip" last night! Wonder if he can fish without a boat?

That guy with the short gray hair wasn't very nice about "Coach" when he first saw him but then acted all nice to his face when they had to team up together! I hope he is changing his mind about Jimmy.

Goat gal/Wendy....I knew she was cooking her own goose last night. Shoulda kept her mouth shut and it may have been Jimmy going home.

Am very interested in seeing what "The Don"s" personality is going to be like.

I was shocked that the older ladies were so poor in puzzle solving!

Looks like this ride will be fun!

I see you snuck in while I was typing, Jax and see you bad mouthing "my man" again!

I liked the commercial for cancer with the ex survivors and them having Rob right after Russell.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,059,462 times
Espada was completely right to NOT use the power medallion. If they had, I think they would still have lost (they were pretty far behind at the finish) AND the younger tribe would now have the medallion. So yeah, they were right not to use it. If you keep it, the other tribe can't use it against you.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,353,882 times
Does Jeff ever change his shirt?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 PM

16,213 posts, read 11,571,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I see you snuck in while I was typing, Jax and see you bad mouthing "my man" again!

I liked the commercial for cancer with the ex survivors and them having Rob right after Russell.
Got to get your blood running so ya can be fired up for this season. I really enjoyed that commericial as well and got to see Colby to boot.

Keep forgetting to tell y'all while watching the show on TV Guide the other night found out maybe why Parvo acts the way she does. Could be from her last name it is
Spoiler
Shallow

Old 09-17-2010, 07:17 AM

13,597 posts, read 10,674,707 times
Quote:
Keep forgetting to tell y'all while watching the show on TV Guide the other night found out maybe why Parvo acts the way she does. Could be from her last name it is
I saw that too. I almost fell off the couch laughing. I wonder why she was picked to narrate the show. She sounded like she was reading from a telepromter at about a fourth grade level.

Regarding the first Survivor episode, I am not a football fan and don't know Jimmy Johnson from Adam. He said he was there for the "adventure" but the reason for being there is to compete to win. He is used to motivating young inexperienced athletes not older experienced poeple.The team needs stronger players not coaches. There are going to be teammates who will resent his taking on the role of "coach." I might if I were there. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:21 AM

872 posts, read 823,080 times
Frankly the older woman did horrible in that puzzle challenge. I'm not saying I would do better, but I expected more from them. If they don't up their game as a tribe it will be a quick season for them. I think this is especially true because the younger tribe seemed more together than I thought they would be.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 AM

13,625 posts, read 8,210,542 times
OMG, Jax! That last name is just PERFECT for Parvo!

At the begining of the eppie the other night I noticed the young'uns seemed to be in awe of Jimmy Johnson. I betcha he could motivate them!

I don't think Jimmy is there for the money, he has oodles of millions already. I think as he said, he is there for the "adventure" and winning would be okay too...just for the fact of winning. If he did win I bet the money would go to charity.

I'm already confused because of this Wednesday business! Friday is always the day after Survivor and now it's not!! Dang!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 AM

2,905 posts, read 4,604,541 times
Great first show... I usually don't like the tribes being separated by age but in this case if they are not making the challenges so physical then I don't see anything wrong with it.

I thought the older team could have done better on this challenge. It wasn't that hard. The lady at the top spilled a lot of water and the puzzle solvers just weren't moving fast enough and weren't very good at puzzles. I can't believe how far behind they got so quickly.

Crazy bandana guy? Whew! what the hell happened with him? He seemed to go a little of the deep end.

Fire-starter lady, was it Jane? She did a GREAT GREAT job with the fire. That has got to get her MVP for a while. Teams have gone days without fire in the past, and she got to it and did it right away. And she was so cute at TC when she mentioned the article quoting Jeff comment about why anyone would come on Survivor w/out knowing how to start a fire (I think I actually read that too!!!) She got down to business and got it going, I give her credit for that.

And i was just about to really start making fun of JJ for whining and complaining when he got on and said that even after watching all of Survivor he wasn't prepared for the discomfort, bugs, etc....

on a side note, so glad they moved Survivor to Wednesday! Now no interference with Dance and Cub Scouts! Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
All the young women are wearing pretty skimpy bathing suits - I heard last season they pick the suits and make them wear them. That one girl (made it to 3 or 4? how quickly I forget) was pretty po'd about the polka dot, frilly skirt thing. I think that sort of sucks.
and
Most of the men, or at least the younger men are wearing underwear! Ack. Sure its that long leg tighty whitey in bright colors but its still underwear. It doesn't wear that well and tends to get all saggy. There was one shot that got under my skin in a negative way. Hope they get something else down the road.
Um.............HELLO? Where are the bathing suits??? I'd like to see them in bathing suits. Why the hell is everyone running around in their underwear? I didn't see one bathing suit on the young women, just bras and panties. Come on, Survivor. I understand they don't want the contestants bringing luxuries from home, but they could at least clothe them.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I bet someone is going to hide that girl's leg somewhere!
Oh, God, I really hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I really hate the new power. I don't think anyone should go into a challenge with an advantage unless that advantage just happens to be stronger/better players.
I don't either. Already each season it seems like a team gets on a roll winning everything all the time. Although, maybe this power thing will put a stop to that, the losing team can use it, and yes, if they do it goes back to the other team, but if the other team is winning anyway what difference does it make. Either they will use it and win again--and have to give it back and let the other team use it..... Maybe this will be a good thing actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV