Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

I can see the young'uns getting the power and then not using it AND win so they don't ever have to give it back!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,450 times
good point.

I just hope the wins are not one sided, it just gets frustrating watching one team stomp the other into the dust.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I loved last night's show! As a fogy, myself, I'm of course rooting for the old people's team. Go Fogies!

I was a huge, huge fan of Tom Landry -- they really don't come any classier than that. But I don't understand the Jimmy Johnson hate. It was Jerry Jones who screwed Landry over, not Johnson. And after a bad first season, he led the Cowboys to back-to-back Superbowl titles. So is the hate related to his Dolphins tenure?
It's not hate, Jill61 and I never followed him when he went to the Dolphins. I have no problem with the Dolphins. It was simply the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson pairing that grossed me out. I suppose that any coach who came in after Tom would not have been acceptable to me. Plus, Johnson simply had no class. He and Jones were bullies.

Johnson behaved well in the Survivor episode (at least what we saw in the edited version). I hope he continues to do so. Maybe he is an okay guy and I was just upset about the way Landry was treated. I realize that Jones is the one who did the deed. There is no doubt at all that Johnson is an exceptional coach.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:08 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
I think that it would be a great idea to have one team of under 25 and the other team of 60 plus year olds that are survival experts. Older Man vs Wild, Survivorman, Dual Survival type of people. I think that it would be a fun twist to the age theme.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
I'm waiting for the scene where Jimmy Johnson is standing on the beach with someone.

Other Person: "Wow, the ocean looks so blue."

Jimmy: "I don't know, everything looks kind of blue."

Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
I have a feeling that if someone hides or attempts to hide the leg....she will open up a can of
one legged whoop ass" on em that will make believers out of them.
Shes had this problem since birth....she didnt get here by bein a wimp.

GO FOGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cept for the fish guy....he has GOT to go .

Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I have a feeling that if someone hides or attempts to hide the leg....she will open up a can of
one legged whoop ass" on em that will make believers out of them.
Shes had this problem since birth....she didnt get here by bein a wimp.
She might not have to do that. Some of us would consider hiding an artificial leg that way grounds for sudden ambush from behind with a heavy object, followed by the kind of beating that you don't soon forget (or regain the use of your extremities or jaw from, ideally needing skin grafts). A person who would jack someone's artificial leg has exited the human race, and human rights and laws should not protect him or her. He or she doesn't deserve a fair fight or a chance to defend himself or herself, and needs to be taken down by ambush and made to suffer as protractedly as possible, as an object lesson. And then people should be mean to him or her.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
She might not have to do that. Some of us would consider hiding an artificial leg that way grounds for sudden ambush from behind with a heavy object, followed by the kind of beating that you don't soon forget (or regain the use of your extremities or jaw from, ideally needing skin grafts). A person who would jack someone's artificial leg has exited the human race, and human rights and laws should not protect him or her. He or she doesn't deserve a fair fight or a chance to defend himself or herself, and needs to be taken down by ambush and made to suffer as protractedly as possible, as an object lesson. And then people should be mean to him or her.

BUT....BUT....can you picture the embarassment of gettin yer azz kicked by a one legged woman on national TV....
THAT would be a scene worthy of a j_k_k script.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post

Come on now, j_k_k....tell us how you really feel!

You know Russell would've done that without blinking an eye!

Old 09-17-2010, 05:27 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
BUT....BUT....can you picture the embarassment of gettin yer azz kicked by a one legged woman on national TV....
THAT would be a scene worthy of a j_k_k script.
True. I would have to memorialize that or descend into irrelevancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV