Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 03:42 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,396,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Seriously, NaOnka is a P.E. Teacher?
Yes. But P.E. stands for 'Perpetually Excoriated'.

NaDonkey really boned the mutt tonight. Cirie needs to give her some lessons in 'how to not screw up one's game by inability to ****.'

Loved seeing the amputee gal represent. There's hardly anything much more inspiring than someone who needs to step up and knows they need to step up, does so, and lets it speak for itself.

Can't wait for Fisherdude to get around to a serious penis comparison at some point when his machismo finally can't take any more.

Lastly, I'm deeply sorry Shannon went home. Not because he didn't deserve it--I think his evident homoparanoia as well as homophobia caused a few people to switch their votes, and I noticed Probst's disdain for him in the sendoff--but because if he'd given one more week I'd have had his imitation down stone cold, and he'd have been our comedy for weeks.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 AM

874 posts, read 1,654,112 times
Now Marvin has the idol, but Jill showed him where it is. Why didn't she keep it for herself? i wouldn't want to give someone the idol as a show of trust.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,106,457 times
Geez, was Shannon the biggest A-hole in the history of Survivor? Get's my vote... what a hostile, clueless bully. Seems like he had an abusive father maybe...

I scratch my head when there is so much scheming so early in the game, people already talking about going to the final 2 or 3 with so-n-so. Just let things develop!

And Brenda, Brenda, Brenda... what an exotic beauty and so far pretty cool person.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,647,231 times
Lets hope Nay is next. Boldfaced thief, stealing socks and then verbally abusing the guy they belonged to. I wish Fabio had stood up for himself and just said "Give me my socks back". And yeah, if I were alligator-shoe guy, I'd sue the shoe thief (what's her name again?) for $1600 when we got back to the States.

Currently I'm a Brenda fan, I think she has a logical head on her shoulders. If she can manage the personal interaction part of the game, she could do well. We'll see!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,396,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Lets hope Nay is next. Boldfaced thief, stealing socks and then verbally abusing the guy they belonged to. I wish Fabio had stood up for himself and just said "Give me my socks back". And yeah, if I were alligator-shoe guy, I'd sue the shoe thief (what's her name again?) for $1600 when we got back to the States.
Nadonkey was very stupid and wrong to steal the guy's shoes, but when I found out that he had paid $1600 for a pair of shoes, I completely lost sympathy for him. In the first place, he thinks there is such thing as a pair of shoes that could possibly be worth that much money. In the second place, he has enough money to waste $1600 on shoes just to impress people.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM

874 posts, read 1,654,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I scratch my head when there is so much scheming so early in the game, people already talking about going to the final 2 or 3 with so-n-so. Just let things develop!
Some of these alliances were triggered by finding the immunity idol with another person. Some of them weren't though. I think if i were playing I'd probably feel more secure if I made an alliance, even if I had to go back on it at some point.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:05 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,647,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Nadonkey was very stupid and wrong to steal the guy's shoes, but when I found out that he had paid $1600 for a pair of shoes, I completely lost sympathy for him. In the first place, he thinks there is such thing as a pair of shoes that could possibly be worth that much money. In the second place, he has enough money to waste $1600 on shoes just to impress people.
Um...actually I've made some handmade custom shoes for people who wanted them to match certain historical costumes, and I can assure you that a $1600 pair of shoes is not unreasonable. The last pair of historical shoes I made took almost 45 hours of time doing all the decorative work by hand. Multiply that by a reasonable hourly wage, and it's not hard to get into a very pricey shoe.

Now granted, I wouldn't wear a shoe like I make into a Survivor game, but if the guy regularly wears alligator shoes, it's not unreasonable to think he might wear them on the plane, and just get stuck having them on when the game started.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM

750 posts, read 1,430,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
For some laughs, read Jeff Probst's blog:

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Nicaragua': Episode 2 | EW.com

For the record, it wasn't Naonka who stole the shoes and filled them with sand and put them in the water... it was Holly. She lost her mind.

Not to say Naonka didn't lose her mind also.

I laughed out loud watching her snapping her neck and stealing socks and then getting all attitudinal "what you gonna do about it" when the guy whose socks she stole walked up to her. Self aware? How about scowling at everyone and letting them all know she's ready to "call out" anybody who disagrees with her (or "disrespects" her) and then she's all puzzled that "not one person has tried to make friends with me!" Gee. Really, Naonka?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,982,589 times
I thought NaDonkey was gonna BREAK her neck movin it like that...

Shannon must be the worlds BIGGEST idiot.....and a GREAT salesman....cause he just sold em all on dumping his sorry axe.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,547,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Um...actually I've made some handmade custom shoes for people who wanted them to match certain historical costumes, and I can assure you that a $1600 pair of shoes is not unreasonable. The last pair of historical shoes I made took almost 45 hours of time doing all the decorative work by hand. Multiply that by a reasonable hourly wage, and it's not hard to get into a very pricey shoe.

Now granted, I wouldn't wear a shoe like I make into a Survivor game, but if the guy regularly wears alligator shoes, it's not unreasonable to think he might wear them on the plane, and just get stuck having them on when the game started.
Um... actually there's a difference between custom made shoes for a historical costume and wingtip alligator leather shoes for a general business person.

and why on earth would you even wear 1600 dollar shoes on a plane if you're going to play Survivor in Nicaragua anyway? there is no need to wear such a shoe, even on the plane. It's no business trip.

there was a past season where somebody showed up in a fancy suit as well, these people know what they're doing and are doing it to show off. they know the risks involved, to claim ignorance after 10 years of the show and , what 21 seasons, is silly. They're doing it for attention and to show off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV