Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 12:58 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I believe we all know everybody out there is miserable but most of them chose to play in those elements yes? Tell me 1 season of Survivor where girls are not half naked, sleeping conditions are way below bad with the weather you will be directly exposed to at all times?

This brings up something that I've wondered about for several seasons now. I understand that the bathing suits are comfortable and all, but doesn't anyone bring ANYTHING else to wear? Seems to me that when the show first started, folks brought a few items with them but then one season everyone had to jump overboard and deal with only the clothes they were wearing at the time.

Since then, no one seems to wear more than one outfit the entire game.

I assume there must be some kind of rule in place (obviously the players can't bring a duffle bag crammed full of extra clothes, blankets, etc.), but were I heading off to play this game, I'd want to wear something as versatile as possible. I'm thinking like cargo pants with zip-off legs and a long-sleeved t-shirt, not one with short sleeves. (And if I were a guy, I'd bring a pair of swim trunks so I wouldn't have to parade around in my nasty underwear for 39 days <*ugh*>.)

Does anyone have any info on this?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
I read somewhere that they are basically strip searched and all the belongs they are allowed are gone through thoroughly so no hidden fishing line in hems of shorts etc. They pick the bathing suits the girls wear.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post

Humble, Modest NaOnka talks about Goals and getting to the Final 3, huh?

Survivor Video - Being Here Is A Blessing - CBS.com

This is a slightly different NaOnka but you can still see her vindictive streak.

Warning: You might throw up in your mouth a little.
Oh. My. G-d! She thinks she's a role model for her students? That's where I had to stop watching the video. She is massively delusional.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:16 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh. My. G-d! She thinks she's a role model for her students? That's where I had to stop watching the video. She is massively delusional.
But she comes from a line of strong black women! She said so! And as we all know, what NaDonkey says is her reality!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Nothing has been said that I wasn't going to say myself. Except for the the odd post "siding" with the quitters. (I've been lost in between puters here)

NaOinker not giving up her reward?? I knew she wouldn't. I almost thought that after filling her belly she would stay. Dan giving up what he didn't even earn? I knew he wouldn't either. They are both POS.

I was really hoping Purple Kelly would stay once NaOinker quit. Jeff even was trying, I think, to get PK to stay too with choosing NaOinker first to answer the question. I know I would have changed my mind right then and there. Even if it was just for that one night.

I've never seen Dimples so mad. "Get out". So theoretically there should be no TC next week either. I don't think those two should be able to be on the jury either.

Are we seeing the end coming to our Survivor? If people now think they can play and quit whenever they want, that is not a good omen. Wussie p*ssies.

Holly went up many notches in my book by giving up her reward. Looks like those p*ss ant men get together next week and gang up on the girls, huhn? Figures.

Not a happy camper here right now.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,535 times
In response to the poster sticking up to them for quitting, I understand it is probably miserable out there, but that shouldn't have been a surprise to them. I wouldn't do so well on the show, so I don't apply to be on it or agree to be cast. There are other ways to leave the show, they could have simply told others they wanted to go and asked for them to vote them out, or done something to anger everybody. Although it doesn't seem like in this season you get voted out for doing bad things...

Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 PM

874 posts, read 1,659,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I've never seen Dimples so mad. "Get out". So theoretically there should be no TC next week either. I don't think those two should be able to be on the jury either.
I think they might not do a double elimination to make up for the two that quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
Are we seeing the end coming to our Survivor? If people now think they can play and quit whenever they want, that is not a good omen. Wussie p*ssies.
I think the quitting is because of an over reliance on casting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
Holly went up many notches in my book by giving up her reward. Looks like those p*ss ant men get together next week and gang up on the girls, huhn? Figures.
The women (especially Jane) are easily the biggest threats there. Jane is good at winning immunity and Holly's nice enough that I think most people would vote for her at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
In response to the poster sticking up to them for quitting, I understand it is probably miserable out there, but that shouldn't have been a surprise to them. I wouldn't do so well on the show, so I don't apply to be on it or agree to be cast. There are other ways to leave the show, they could have simply told others they wanted to go and asked for them to vote them out, or done something to anger everybody. Although it doesn't seem like in this season you get voted out for doing bad things...
I think sometimes how you think something will be isn't the same as the reality of the situation. I also think Kelly P was not likely to have won and perhaps she realized that and that influenced her decision.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
wowza--what a good read this is!!
NaOnka Mixon and Kelly Shinn Quit Survivor: Nicaragua : People.com

Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
I almost laughed when Holly said she'd totally misjudged NaOnka's character, after Nan refused to give up the reward to help the tribe, even when she was going home that night.

Why was she surprised? Nan shoved over a girl with one leg to grab an immunity clue. She STOLE the group's food and was going to eat it all herself! She only confessed when caught, but still lied when supposedly confessing and said she only did it to "measure it out" because they might run out. And the way she goes off on everyone who points out her sociopathy and criminal behavior--good Lord! Who taught her to be proud of her arrogance, selfishness and conceit, as if these were strengths?

Yes, she'll probably end up in jail or a politician. She will never recognize her problems, since she has no ability to learn from mistakes or doubt her own inflated opinion of herself. What's sad is that there are so many like her among us, and the social penalties for being this way are nil. Instead, people walk on glass to avoid their childish temper tantrums.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
This brings up something that I've wondered about for several seasons now. I understand that the bathing suits are comfortable and all, but doesn't anyone bring ANYTHING else to wear? Does anyone have any info on this?
Actually in the beginning they did get to bring a personal item from home. All of it was searched to make sure there were no advantages that could be used in the game. Colby brought a big Confederate flag in his 1st season he used it to wrap up in at times. The skimpy bathing suits brings in ratings showing T&A.

Then one season somebody did sneak in some kind of food or candy that others found out about. They put a stop to the personal items after that.

Giving up my toothbrush would be the hardest thing on me I think. Stinky bodies everybody would have but to have a nasty foul tasting mouth oh my that would be hard to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I bet there will be a new clause castmates will have to sign saying they can't quit. Or maybe if they quit they have to secure and pay for their way back home????

I would also think that the recruiting dept would be handed their butts when this season wrapped. It would be more real if it got back to folks who truly tried out for the show. But the common bus drivers, moms, fast food manager etc. are not high ratings because they want the model types for ratings.

I know it has to come to an end sooner or later but I hope it is not coming to an end just yet. Makes ya wonder with the past few season's recruits though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV