Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times

Advertisements

I like Ellen as a celebrity....not sure that picking musical talent was her expertise anyway. I think it's time they put in some fresh new judges who are more in tune with the music young people listen to. As a middle aged person, who I would pick and who could actually sell any records would probably not be the same. So, the chore of judging should go to people who are knowledgeable in this field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I like Ellen as a celebrity....not sure that picking musical talent was her expertise anyway. I think it's time they put in some fresh new judges who are more in tune with the music young people listen to. As a middle aged person, who I would pick and who could actually sell any records would probably not be the same. So, the chore of judging should go to people who are knowledgeable in this field.
I agree they should have at least one younger judge. It's interesting that Adam Lambert is attracting a wide span of age groups to his concerts from the twenties on up to the fifties and maybe older.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
I liked Ellen, but you could really tell by watching her that it made her very uncomfortable critiquing the performers. I never liked Kara at all. I like Randy, especially his facial expressions during a bad audition. It will be interesting to see what happens this coming season.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
To be a Judge of basically anything, the person has to have a critical mind as well as a nice mind. Randy makes a good judge, Kara is ok, Simon made a good judge, but Ellen.......nope! Glad to see her leave.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
This ship has been sinking slowly for a while now. Paula Abdul recognized Idol's "jump the shark" moment first and left while the going was good.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:18 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Maybe getting some people that actually have some talent would help.

This past year was pretty bad.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:27 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,468,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Maybe getting some people that actually have some talent would help.

This past year was pretty bad.

Trust me, they know from day one who the "winner" is going to be. It's so obvious.

The whole show is so predictable.....

Randy: Yo, dawg, you were a little pitchy but you rocked it.

Paula: You took that song and made it your own (sob, sob)

Simon: It was too karaoke. I didn't like it.

or

Randy: Dawg, you rocked it man!

Ellen: We-we-well, you di-di-did a great job. I l-l-love your style.

Simon: I didn't like it. You'll never make it to the top 3.

It's a yawnfest.

I only watch the auditions because that's the best part of the show. Other than that? Once they choose the top ten, it's easy to figure who they have set to win.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:40 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
I'll be interested to see who they can bring in, not just to replace Ellen, but also to replace Simon. For all the reports about Kara, I'm not fully believing that she won't be back; I've also heard reports that she just hasn't reached a deal yet.

As for Ellen DeGenerate, she never was a good fit for "Idol". This won't be any great loss. I never did spend much time watching AI last season, despite it being Cowell's last. She doesn't have experience in the music industry, and that's why she never fit the program. She's a comedienne. Nothing more. Whoever the powers that be decide to bring in ought to have experience in music.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ellen DeGeneres quits as 'Idol' judge - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAYshow.com

She always has impressed me as being a very nice person. I believe what she said about not wanting to hurt young peoples' feelings.

it was hard to judge people? ah, that's the point of the show.

Surely she knew that going in. She had to know in advance that she wasn't going to like all the contestants.

I don't believe she didn't know what she was getting into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV