Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM

9,141 posts, read 14,717,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
A pistol grip on a shotgun will dislocate most people's wrist, or at least fly out of the hand and land about 5 feet away. Glen was firing off like he was holding a BB gun. Also loved the handgun shots from a moving platform (a vehicle) to a small moving target (the head) at 50 feet away, a shot an expert would have difficulty with. But that's creative license. Still enjoyed it.
My wife said yeah, these guys should go on Top Shot with those skills.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
All those dead zombies...and not one damn twinky...whats the point...oh the despair.
What am I missing?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,248,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I hate to admit this but who the heck was Jimmy? I have watched and rewatched this series since day 1 and I simply do not remember Jimmy.
Jimmy is/was Beth's live-in Boyfriend.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,248,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What am I missing?
My guess that is a reference to Zombieland and Woody Harlson's Character Tallahasse and his desire to hunt down Twinkys.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,109,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Jimmy is/was Beth's live-in Boyfriend.
Ya, he didnt have much of a part, did he? I think I saw him nailing up some boards and then his final getting munched in the RV. How come no one ever locks that damn RV door?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,184,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Great season finale. Exciting. Glad Rick finally grew some and went off of those leeches who are hanging on to him. And Lori, well she's just a typical female.

Loved the prison or Walmart Distribution Center shot at the end. Whatever it was.
Lori is most definitely not a typical female, every woman I know is completely disgusted with her. That would be like saying Shane, and all his insane behavior is just a typical male, most men are not like him.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,982,076 times
Am I the only who's not excited about this magical-ninja-ass-kicking-black-chick-come-to-save-the-stupid-white-people-from-themselves Michonne character?

When she sliced the head off that zombie at that moment I felt like "The Walking Dead" jumped-- from being a real-world scenario where we see average joe every day people struggling to survive -- into super-hero comic book teenage male fantasies where anorexic women beat up cyclops monsters with one painted fingernail.

[I haven't read the WD comic books obviously]

Somebody please reassure me that this is not the case because if it is then I won't be watching season three, even if the whole Prison scenario looks a lot more interesting than the Farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
My guess that is a reference to Zombieland and Woody Harlson's Character Tallahasse and his desire to hunt down Twinkys.
What is a Twinky? I assume this does not refer to the yellow sponge cake?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,184,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Am I the only who's not excited about this magical-ninja-ass-kicking-black-chick-come-to-save-the-stupid-white-people-from-themselves Michonne character?

When she sliced the head off that zombie at that moment I felt like "The Walking Dead" jumped-- from being a real-world scenario where we see average joe every day people struggling to survive -- into super-hero comic book teenage male fantasies where anorexic women beat up cyclops monsters with one painted fingernail.

[I haven't read the WD comic books obviously]

Somebody please reassure me that this is not the case because if it is then I won't be watching season three, even if the whole Prison scenario looks a lot more interesting than the Farm.

What is a Twinky? I assume this does not refer to the yellow sponge cake?
She's not magical, she was a lawyer who has learned how to survive, a sword is a great weapon, it's reusable and quiet. One could say that the rest of them have magical powers with guns, every shot gets the head, that's not exactly average Joe shooting, but some creative license is fun to watch. They are all survivors finding their own way, not just a bunch of "stupid" people who need saving from themselves.

In the movie Zombieland, a character was desperate for an actual Twinkie, the cream filled cake thing.

Last edited by detshen; 03-19-2012 at 09:04 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM

812 posts, read 734,307 times
I can't stand when people complain about realism in a show that revolves around dead people walking around eating the living.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
I can't stand when people complain about realism in a show that revolves around dead people walking around eating the living.
i like the utter fictitious nature of the threat. it means that it really does not matter what the threat is there is some sort of the threat that makes this group of people pull together well and quickly. i like this show very much. it is the #1 quality of americans that makes me proud to be one. their ability to pull together. not everybody in the world has that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.