Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Michonne is a ridiculous character who is completely unbelievable. The scene where she was seen running through the woods and then three seconds later jumped out of a tree to take on Merle's crew almost made me quit watching the show. I hate shows that could be based in reality that are then infected with characters with supernatural powers.
WHAT, could be "based on reality" in this show? Zombies? Zombie Apocalypse? Or survival? Whatever, it is a tv show based on FANTASY.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
WHAT, could be "based on reality" in this show? Zombies? Zombie Apocalypse? Or survival? Whatever, it is a tv show based on FANTASY.
He said "could" be based in reality. A virus that transforms people into zombies is to some degree less farfetched than disappearing into a tree. I get what he (or she) is saying even though the show is clearly fiction.

That scene happened so quickly that I didn't even notice that she jumped out of a tree. I thought she came out of the brush and attacked them. After watching that scene again, it is funny to see her land in the middle of them, but since I didn't notice it the first time, it had no impact of my feeling about the show.

Michonne vs. Merle - YouTube

She jumps down at the 14 second mark.

Was Merle left-handed in Season 1, btw? If not, he's gotten pretty good at shooting a gun with his opposite hand in just a few months.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Merle was right-handed. So it looks like he must have gotten a lot of practice in.

The Walking Dead: Merle Dixon vs T-dog fight - Mr Yo - YouTube

Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
When Dale died he had just gotten really preachy and was the only one vocal enough to disagree openly with Rick about how they were going to deal with Randall. I immediately thought of that when T-Dog spoke out against Rick on turning axel And Oscar away. I mean he barely speaks some episodes and he suddenly had the focus of a couple of scenes. I knew he was going to die.
I thought the same thing. Dale was the group's moral beacon in some sense, and despite his annoyances at times, his intuition was spot on (remember the look on his face when he catches Shane aiming at Rick in the woods?). T-Dog did seem to be the one imploring the group to do the humane thing re Oscar and Axel and I think Dale would have made the same argument. The group should have also listened to T-Dog when he told them to shoot the walker in the well.

"Let's not go and do something stupid...like shoot it in the head."

Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Ha ha, yeah T-dog seemed to be the most level headed even keeled person of the group, except when he was running the high fever. They really need to replace him quick because he just had that role of good solid follower, good fighter and a cool head. I see how they are turning Darryl in to that but part of him needs to keep that edgy loaner type role that made him so cool to begin with.

That whole well scene was cool and done for shock vAlue of course. But when I think of his it when down if I were Glenn I would told them all to go take a flying leap. Like they were going to drink that water any way.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Michonne is a ridiculous character who is completely unbelievable. The scene where she was seen running through the woods and then three seconds later jumped out of a tree to take on Merle's crew almost made me quit watching the show. I hate shows that could be based in reality that are then infected with characters with supernatural powers.
I don't agree about Michonne. The show needs a strong female and though the other females have developed into survivors Michonne developed on her own and is one tough woman. I don't think they were trying to imply that Michonne could leap tall buildings in a single bound but rather it was a slip in editing. There should have been some film on her climbing the tree or a gap in time.

Let's hope the zombies are not "based on reality."

Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Did they explicitly imply that there was no time gap between Michonne on the ground and Michonne in the tree?

You mean when Michonne was leaving the mini-mart and arrived at the prison 10 seconds later, she must have teleported?!? Wow!

In fact, I think all the characters can teleport since ColonelStraker discovered everything is in real time with no editing!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
What does everyone think of Andrea and the mayor? I think someone is getting played.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
I hate shows that could be based in reality that are then infected with characters with supernatural powers.
Hum...are we talking about the same show? I'm talking about an unrealistic Zombie show where dead people are running around eating live people and people making 100-200yrd head shot kills with a snub nose revolver.

Oh well, this is a typical response...When ever someone disagrees with an event in a fictional show, said person screams, that's unrealistic (despite the show being completely unrealistic).

Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I think arguing the reality of the show is hysterical.

Their weapons are far too sharp all the time to be able to hack off heads and drill into skulls like they are soft butter.

Geez, just enjoy the inhumanity of it all ... I, for one, am glad they are done with all the namby pamby storylines and getting back to the killin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV