Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Danai is doing a good job. She really is restricted because Michonne is so angry. But remember how tender and kind M was when she found Penny until she removed the sack on her head. That was some good acting.

I like Michonne and if I was in a Z apoc I would want Michonne on my side.
The writers like to move slowly with character development, peeling back the layers, it makes sense as we have new characters meeting each other. We have and will likely continue to see more of Michonne's human side. Think about how Darryl started out, and who he is now. They are in a very dangerous world and normal social interaction doesn't work anymore, people are just doing the best they can to survive and that seems to require a lot of self protection, physical and emotional.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Well, that half season went fast.....it's obvious the writers took it to heart that season 2 was too slow paced for many fans of the show. IMO Michonne needs to become more expressive & grow her character. She seems stunted & lost on the show.....looks like poor acting to me more than the writers, who have handed her a good storyline.

Overall.....part 1 of season 3 gets an A- from me. My few gripes center around Michonne & I was not too keen on how the Lori storyline ended, but these are small things. TWD has been outstanding this year.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Michonne is about action and anger and she doesn't talk much so I don't see why some of you are coming down on her for being a bad actress. I think she is doing a good job. My favorite scene of hers in this episode is when she sits down to wait for the gov in his apt to kill him. I can't describe it, if you can't see it but its there - she is just boiling over with rage but she paitiently waits despite all that is going on around her. We did see some tenderness when she thought she was rescuing a little girl but that bugged me because zombies make zombie sounds and you would think someone would know immediately what was going on. Plus I'm sure the girl stunk like road kill in a hot dumpster.

When I first heard Rick and shanes accents I thought they were cheesy, overwrought and just awful. But theyve grown on me. Rick is like House, he is more or less covering his British accent by just being raspy and "loud" whispering. Morgan was somewhat the same as well. I'm not really sure if Brits are just inherently better at doing a southern accent but i think I've heard that a couple of times. My wife and I do pretty good British accents, so there's two for our side.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
True, I was actually surprised that Woodbury looked so white. Made it hard to believe it was really in the Atlanta area. Unless the Governor has racial quotas and limits. He has/ had some minorities on his goon squad but the population of the town looked 90% Caucasian.
OH PLEASE! Are you serious? Metro Atlanta is majority WHITE and there are MANY MANY communities throughout the Metro area that are almost exclusively middle class NON-black, just as there are many that are almost exclusively UPPER CLASS BLACK ... and Asian ... and Hispanic.

The city of Senoia, GA which doubles as Woodbury (and where the entire series is filmed) is 80 percent WHITE and 14.5 percent BLACK per the 2011 Census.

Georgia is quite an ethnic melting pot and the writers / producers have done a good job of portraying people and places accurately. References to cities and towns, highway numbers, directions and distances are ALL CORRECT! I should know .... I'm from there!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM

Yeah we know they aren't in Atlanta anymore, but even when they were downtown there was a distinct lack of black characters. It is a legitimate gripe but not a deal breaker for me to enjoy they show but I will point it out when it becomes silly. Like the black highlander clause.

Something else. Where did Rick and crew get the automatics and the smoke grenades or flashbangs or whatever? I knew they were battle hardened, but that's against walkers. Now all of a sudden they are like Seal team six.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah we know they aren't in Atlanta anymore, but even when they were downtown there was a distinct lack of black characters. It is a legitimate gripe but not a deal breaker for me to enjoy they show but I will point it out when it becomes silly. Like the black highlander clause.

Something else. Where did Rick and crew get the automatics and the smoke grenades or flashbangs or whatever? I knew they were battle hardened, but that's against walkers. Now all of a sudden they are like Seal team six.
This would be like me arguing why aren't ALL the characters on TV shows set in Los Angeles HISPANIC or in Miami CUBAN or in NYC JEWISH or PUERTO RICAN ...

And they got all those weapons in THE PRISON!!! It was fully equipped with riot gear. Hello? Maybe some of y'all need to go back and watch a few episodes over again ans stop trying to rationalize.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
I wish we could hear Michonne's speak in a real voice, rather than a sneery, half whispery voice. She is my favorite character other than that.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I wish we could hear Michonne's speak in a real voice, rather than a sneery, half whispery voice. She is my favorite character other than that.
I'm in agreement, although her voice does not bother me. They are in a world where everything has turned upside down, walking dead eating the living, and survival does play a big part in her attitude. She is very careful about who she trusts, and counts on her instincts to play a big part in that. She was alone before Andrea and ended up thinking she was alone after leaving Woodbury. To survive in that type of world does not take a sweet character who trusts everyone, it takes a savy person. Why just look at how smart Carl was. He helped save the new characters, but did not trust them enough to let them into their living space.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM

Well so far her instincts have been correct. Neither the gov nor Rick have been the most gracious of hosts. Yes they both offered her food and healthcare but the only reason they did it was because they wanted information from her and where hiding something else. She probably isn't happy about the way Rick grabbed her wound to get the info he wanted to know and it will take time for anybody to be welcomed in to the group before they are trusted. She's had to rely on herself for so long.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The only way I see Daryl staying with the group now that he's found his brother is for Merle to get axed. So I'm seeing Merle making some kinda sacrifice in order to save Daryl and allow him to escape. That an Andrea helping out.
I think there is more to it then that....I'm just saying....
Daryl, has been with the group for a long time, and he's adopted much more humanizum, humbleness, and consideration for human life then Merle can ever hope to understand, perhaps in his dreams? Merle has no concept of the value of human life...he's mean, cruel and narcissistic, pathological, etc...he is not in touch at all...and Daryl will see this. While Daryl may hold a kindship to his brother now, and feel guilt that he left him on the roof....that to shall quickly pass...

I found it quit interresting that Rick saw Shane coming towards him....did anyone catch that?

Also, for those complaining about Michonne's character/voice? If you had to live/survive under those circumstances, and have seen what she's seen (remember, no one knows about her past, not really) well, like the ol saying goes, don't judge someone until you walk in they're shoes.

I'm astounded by the show, and addicted, I like it, it is extremely exciting, and takes me away from normal everyday life.

I think, if you find yourself complaining about the characters, or not liking them, then, perhaps you shouldn't watch...it is just a TV show, and the characters cannot be as you would like them to be?

We're all different, we all have different likes and dislikes, and the writters surely are unable to please everyone...

I think the show is brilliant...and agree that season 2 was boaring...they've come far....and it still holds my interest.

If and when it doesn't, then it's time to move on.

anywho, I'm anxious to see how Andrea goes forth...it will be interesting...and yes, she is being stupid, however, she is hungry to get her life back to some normalcy, and the governer provides that for her in his little hide away similation of a town...when people are hungry for a certain life, they will accept and overlook a whole lot of things, to remain in their minds, (stable) just like a woman who is being beaten by her husband.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 12-04-2012 at 05:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV