Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 03:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Have a Merry "Walking Dead" Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:33 PM

165 posts, read 307,056 times
The show has become somewhat reliant on gore and splatter this season to the detriment of the story. I know it supposedly follows the comic but the plot points make too little sense and the characters undergo too many extreme tone shifts. The scare factor for me is how plausable and ordinary things can seem. The point of anybody hauling around chained armless zombies is lost on me when there would by necessity have to be thousands of pet dogs roaming around waiting to be adopted, just for example.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
1. They cabin guy struck me as a hermit living off the grid who hunted to feed himself. It came off to me as morose humor in that he had no knowledge of what was going on.

2. The zombies were pack mules and zombie repellant. Dogs would not be a suitable substitute.

My wife got the first compendium of the comic for me and I've already read a good portion of it. Surprised at all the differences (and similarities) I do appreciate a lot of the choices the TV show has made in going in different creative directions though.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Beaver View Post
The show has become somewhat reliant on gore and splatter this season to the detriment of the story. I know it supposedly follows the comic but the plot points make too little sense and the characters undergo too many extreme tone shifts. The scare factor for me is how plausable and ordinary things can seem. The point of anybody hauling around chained armless zombies is lost on me when there would by necessity have to be thousands of pet dogs roaming around waiting to be adopted, just for example.
The armless zombies werent for companionship, they were to deter other zombies via their smell.

There was an outcry last year from viewers that there wasnt enough violence so it has ramped up. It is also more closely fallen in line with the comics this season.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Beaver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The armless zombies werent for companionship, they were to deter other zombies via their smell.

There was an outcry last year from viewers that there wasnt enough violence so it has ramped up. It is also more closely fallen in line with the comics this season.
Maybe the reason of Michonne's two zombies got lost somewhere in the tv episode? I didn't pay that close of attention since I read the spoiler thread last year with y'all. Maybe TPTB "assumed" most have read the comics too?

I'm wondering what's going to happen now that the new director has left/been canned. Will we go back to a season three type of snooze fest with "our" gang trying to get Daryle and Andrea out of Woodbury?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
[quote=tamiznluv;27497749]Maybe the reason of Michonne's two zombies got lost somewhere in the tv episode? quote]

Spoiler
She killed them when she was hiding, they were making too much noise

Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
There was a scene with the doc and the gov discussing Michonne's use of the "pets." They correctly guessed them being pack mules and camouflage.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe the reason of Michonne's two zombies got lost somewhere in the tv episode? I didn't pay that close of attention since I read the spoiler thread last year with y'all. Maybe TPTB "assumed" most have read the comics too?

I'm wondering what's going to happen now that the new director has left/been canned. Will we go back to a season three type of snooze fest with "our" gang trying to get Daryle and Andrea out of Woodbury?
The season has been completed and a new showrunner will be coming in for next season. The Woodbury storyline should be resolved by the end of the season.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM

165 posts, read 307,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
There was a scene with the doc and the gov discussing Michonne's use of the "pets." They correctly guessed them being pack mules and camouflage.
An actual pack animal would be better--even a horse would do. The camo aspect is moot because a live human still attracts zombies even when they are close to other zombies: the smell doesn't transfer to another nearby person, as we've seen. Otherwise the zombies would never be able to feed in a frenzied group. So as I said, logic trumps the horror.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
[quote=skel1977;27497778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe the reason of Michonne's two zombies got lost somewhere in the tv episode? quote]

Spoiler
She killed them when she was hiding, they were making too much noise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The season has been completed and a new showrunner will be coming in for next season. The Woodbury storyline should be resolved by the end of the season.
Yes, ty, skel, I knew that.

Oh, okay, Tourian, I missed or don't remember that scene. TY.

That's what I'm talking about, Robb. NEXT season. I know this season is already "in the can".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV