Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 11:22 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think you're asking way too many questions here. It's not like this episode is the only that's aired where questions are lingering in the minds of viewers. How did Sophia, for example, become a zombie? Shouldn't she have been eaten alive since the woods were full of walkers (one tried to eat Darryl, remember?). How did the entire group learn to shoot headshots riding around in SUVs at 35-40 mph after a few weeks of practice? I mean, it's not like last night's episode was any less believable than Hershel's shotgun that fired off 27 consecutive rounds. C'mon, man.

Since Hershal's family rounded up all the local zombies, he should have admitted she was one already if he wanted Rick's group to leave once it was revealed that the barn was full of zombies.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
Exactly my point. So far, the show has managed to stay away from the typical horror movie tricks and that is what makes it so enjoyable to see. I did love the sense of Andrea's physical exhaustion and they could have done something a bit smarter in terms of her capture. I've always hated it when the villain/monster is always exactly where our hero goes. Frustrating.

I agree, last night's episode was a dud for me. I think it's lazy to have these slow-moving zombies not appear anywhere in the wide shot and then, seconds later, appear out of nowhere to "surprise" the humans.
I don't even like the actor playing the Gov because he doesn't look the part (boyish and clean-cut)and I feel he's overcompensating by trying to act weird and menacing (whistling, snarling). John Malkovich would make a great Gov.

btw, I forgot why the Gov captured all those biters ... was it for experimentation and for the fight games?

Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
That was a complete waste of an episode.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
You have apparently picked apart my post. What I meant is that I have never picked apart any episode before and quite frankly cant believe how many people pick apart each episode as I see it has little relevance to the show itself. However, last nights episode, as someone said, made the Gov look like he has super human GPS tracking ability and it was a huge weak point in the show for me. Its one of those episodes where if she had swam across a river he would have been waiting on the opposite side exactly where she came ashore, lol. Again, it felt like I was watching a cheap horror movie.
So the Jack Bauer-like firing accuracy hasn't made the show sufficiently unrealistic for you up to this point? Or the fact that a walker bite or scratch will cause them to turn, but walker blood splashing directly into their eyes and mouth will not? Or the fact one year-old gasoline runs like a charm in all of their vehicles? Or the idea that walkers could overcome an entire military base when all a tank would have to do to take out a herd of walkers is keep going. You could put 40,000 walkers in front of an Abrams Tank and it would mow them all down no problem.

I don't see why last night's episode is more wildly unrealistic than a bunch of other wildly unrealistic things that have already occurred in past episodes. It seems you should have stopped watching the show some time around the 40 minute mark of Episode 1.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I agree with deb. I think the Guv got bit last night. Don't see how he could NOT have.

Ya sure could've fooled me!!

That was one of the most intense eppies I've seen so far. It reminded me of Hitchcock intense.
That's definitely what I was alluding to as well. He was also breathing heavy, and just acting weird, more weird than somebody who is only trying to hide that he has a woman stashed away in a torture room, LOL.

I loved the episode, I enjoyed the suspense, and decided not to bother with picking it apart, the only thing that even bothered me was the final grab, but I still enjoyed the episode, so I'm fine allowing the writers a little leeway. I love that you never know what to expect with this show, it doesn't follow the same formula every episode the way so many shows do, you never know exactly what you are going to get. I'm surprised to hear so many didn't like it, to each his/her own, I guess.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Since Hershal's family rounded up all the local zombies, he should have admitted she was one already if he wanted Rick's group to leave once it was revealed that the barn was full of zombies.
Otis was the one who captured walkers, and Shane had him killed before he would have been able to tell anyone. Herschal, and the rest didn't know she was in the barn, they weren't keeping it secret, they never knew.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's definitely what I was alluding to as well. He was also breathing heavy, and just acting weird, more weird than somebody who is only trying to hide that he has a woman stashed away in a torture room, LOL.

He was breathing heavy because he just put the smack down on 30 walkers

Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post

I loved the episode, I enjoyed the suspense, and decided not to bother with picking it apart, the only thing that even bothered me was the final grab, but I still enjoyed the episode, so I'm fine allowing the writers a little leeway. I love that you never know what to expect with this show, it doesn't follow the same formula every episode the way so many shows do, you never know exactly what you are going to get. I'm surprised to hear so many didn't like it, to each his/her own, I guess.
Yeah, I could have nit-picked it to death also, dets but wth, it's entertainment, not a documentary or even REAL!!! Just like all the other fiction shows. Fiction.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,510 times
Quote:
Remember, Hershel wasn't aware of every walker that was in the barn, other than his undead wife and stepson (and the odd undead neighbour or two). Otis was rounding up the walkers from the bog for the most part, so Hershel would have been unaware of a little girl in the barn.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,510 times
Quote:
I've always liked Andrea, she's flawed as they all are, but I don't feel she's a weak person. No weaker than Rick walking around looking for his dead wife, going on crazy rants, losing sight of what it means to be a leader, and this insane Michonne decision he is even considering. Carl risking his and Michonne's life for a photo. Glenn's selfish response to Maggie's situation. They are all showing flaws, and human weakness right now, as any real human being would.

She was deathly ill, and comes to this town that seems so lovely, and they save her life, so she's very grateful. That town is what they have ALL been looking for all along, the psychic Michonne refuses to talk to her, and explain why she hates the place, she just grunts and scowls, and demands that Andrea pack her bags, and leave this nice place for no obvious reason, she makes it seem like some sort of loyalty test, and yes, there is a reasonably hot guy around, and she has no mate, which is something that is important to all of them.

She goes to the prison, gets frisked and treated like crap, and they tell her to sleep with him, and then kill him. Like many people she can't kill a sleeping man in cold blood, none of them have ever killed a human who wasn't directly threatening then at that moment, most of them have never killed a human period. Her killing him with that knife would be incredibly unrealistic, and most likely would have gotten her killed by one of his guards before she could get out, and the guards could have started a war and stormed the prison then and killed everyone she loves. So she tries some peace talks, it doesn't work, so now she knows she has to come up with a plan to prevent as much death as she can, she HAS to go back and try to recruit as many in Woodbury as she can, and yes she's done, she won't be taking prisoners when it comes to the Gov. and those who chose to follow him. Her head is clear, she will do what it takes.
You bring up some good points. All of the characters have shown flaws, undoubtedly as would happen in such a scenario. I guess that what made me look at Andrea as weak (as say, opposed to Rick, who went through an entire mental meltdown) is that she still was devoted to the Governor even after seeing - post-Michonne fight - how he was exposed...with a dead walker daughter on a chain, and with human (or no-longer-human) heads in fish tanks in his own private relaxation room. That in itself should have been more than enough red flags to anyone that something seriously wasn't right about the guy. However, your point that Andrea, who had been sick, had been running for months and was at the end of her rope - and almost the end of her life, saw a saviour in Woodbury (and thus the Governor) is quite understandable. Have to admit I'd probably have done the same thing myself in such a situation...ignore the red flags and continue to believe that this was the best choice. As for Andrea not killing the Governor while he slept...I agree. That would have been an incredibly difficult thing to do, as it would have been killing in cold blood, and I do think Andrea was still on the edge of trying to convince herself that he wasn't the horrific person that Michonne seemed to believe. (btw, it frustrated me to no end that Michonne didn't just come out and tell Andrea why she was so hell-bent on leaving Woodbury and the Governor far far behind...all she had to say to Andrea was, "GIRL, have you seen the f**'ed up #%@$! in his play room??? Go take a peek, and THEN tell me he's still a great guy!" Nah, instead she just said, "He's not the man he appears to be". Well, that wouldn't exactly be convincing to me either.)

Good post, I enjoyed reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV