Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 11:29 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times

Advertisements

I liked last night's season finale. I never really disliked Andrea. I just sort of viewed her as Hungary during WWII....changing sides between the Axis and Allies. I really never saw her as someone trying to "save lives." She just opted to be a traitor to our crowd. She had plenty of opportunities early on to see that The Gov was nuts. Oh, and along those lines, one Woodbury person (the guy who turned and ate Andrea) mentioned that he knew Phillip (the Gov) early on in the Z apocalypse and he was a decent person back then. I read the book about how the gov became the gov and he was a good guy at the beginning.

As for Carl, yeah, I was yelling at the TV "Shoot him, Carl." The Woodbury kid did not drop his weapon when he was warned to do so twice. He was a big threat. I don't blame Carl for taking him out.

What kind of a gun was that Carl was using? It was an odd looking gun to me. It looked like a funnel when looking at the bullet hole.

Can someone tell me why Carl is so mad at his father? I missed the last two episodes leading up to the finale and don't understand why Carl is so mad.

Please, please, please stop showing Lori. I'm sick of seeing her ghost. When Rick looked for her in the last scenes last night and could not find her I was hopeful that she is now gone for good.

I'm going to miss this show so much. October can't get here fast enough. Several of my fav shows are out until the Fall.

Maybe the Sister Wives clan can move into Woodbury.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
The problem I had with the finale is that it didn't make me excited with anticipation for the next season.
This graph represents my interest in TWD to date:

Last edited by jaypee; 04-01-2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM

90 posts, read 344,417 times
Have lots of rambling thoughts about last night's epi.

I totally got the thing with Carl. He is like 13, living in the ZA, everything is black & white. It's always like this when our family watches WD on Sundays:

"Ok boys, and how do you kill a zombie?" "HEAD SHOT"

"OK boys, when someone tells you to drop it, what do you do?" "DROP IT!"

"OK boys, when you are locked in a room with someone who is quickly dying, do you chat, or try to get the pliers?" "GET THE PLIERS!"

Have 3 teens, youngest is 14. They have quite the ZA survival set of skills built up over the seasons. Herschel wants him to stay "human" in an inhuman time. Some denial there.

I have never cared for Andrea and I thought, in this season in particular, that she got WAY too much script attention. She is as impulsive as Carl. And her goldang FEET were free as well as at least one hand, she couldn't hold Milton off until she could plier him in the eye? He was able to gobble her right in the neck?

Those prison peeps are going to have a REAL food problem, and soon. Too many eaters came back on that bus.

I can see how the Woodbury population could have been caught with their pants down at the prison, and when the Gov shot them all. It was made very clear that all but a few were allowed to live in Woodbury for a long while having picnics and ice cream socials under the impression that the Governor would protect them. What I don't understand is why the Governor would have taken all those people with him to the prison. He could have been much more effective had he simply taken the people who were already trained, yanno? I think that was a pacing issue with the show, they did at one point make it clear that everyone had to learn how to shoot, etc, but learning how to shoot is different than learning how to shoot ~people~ and the Governor would know that.

Given that they finally killed that betraying, worthless Andrea, I don't care if they leave the Governor alive for the next 10 seasons. It's a fair trade in my eyes

Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
WTH! The show won't be returning till Oct? That's just not right, I might be knocked out by a meteor by then; no fair. Seriously, how can they have such a long gap before bringing the series back, I've never heard of such a thing, is this typical for the series and other series on AMC? I subscribed just to get this show without all the other headaches of searching it out via other mediums as I had done for a week prior to finding out it Sunday was the finale. Sucker > me. Ah still was worth getting since my cable bill won't increase. .

You must not watch much TV because that is standard for all cable shows. Its basic math.

13 episodes = 4 months. That means there is an 8 month gap between seasons.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
I'm sorry to see Andrea go...

Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

As for Carl, yeah, I was yelling at the TV "Shoot him, Carl." The Woodbury kid did not drop his weapon when he was warned to do so twice. He was a big threat. I don't blame Carl for taking him out.

What kind of a gun was that Carl was using? It was an odd looking gun to me. It looked like a funnel when looking at the bullet hole.

Can someone tell me why Carl is so mad at his father? I missed the last two episodes leading up to the finale and don't understand why Carl is so mad.

Please, please, please stop showing Lori. I'm sick of seeing her ghost. When Rick looked for her in the last scenes last night and could not find her I was hopeful that she is now gone for good.

I'm going to miss this show so much. October can't get here fast enough. Several of my fav shows are out until the Fall.

Maybe the Sister Wives clan can move into Woodbury.
Yeah I don see what Herschel's deal was. It wasn't as if Carl shot him down and cackled with glee or waitited until after the kid put his gun down.

I don't know what gun Carl had, but he was using a home made silencer. That's what gave it the cone shape on the end.

Carl is mad because Merle is dead because what he believes is his dads fault. Carl would rather have him shot the gov when he had the chance.

Carl is mad at the end because he sees the Woodbury people as the enemy and not to be trusted. They aren't like the hitchhiker from a few episodes ago.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,538 times
actually im confused by the whole woodbury troop going into the tombs with no one on the outside standing watch,ok then the little firecracker smoke bombs go off they all go running out and no one from ricks group is manning the jeep with the turret gun on top,daryl could have finished all them of off with that gun easily,and where were daryl,rick,carol & michonne when all this was going down? and then why did the governors group freak out,that lady came running out "that was a slaughter"well yea you knew what you were going to the prison for,, duh!!!! i dont get it,and with andrew handcuffed to the chair it was that easy to break them open with pliers? I just felt like the whole episode was not thought out at all. im a huge fan love it and always try to never pick it apart but just felt let down.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
I think Herschel did the right thing telling Rick the real way it happend and not Carl's made up version...there is a fine line between killing someone because it's you or him...and another to out and out kill someone! When you cross the line,it's when you lose your humanity...and then you are just like a walker...

Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You must not watch much TV because that is standard for all cable shows. Its basic math.

13 episodes = 4 months. That means there is an 8 month gap between seasons.
If you meant not watch much cable tv, you would be correct. Thank you for the attempt at educating me, another poster beat you to it in an earlier post and did so quite gracefully.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
actually im confused by the whole woodbury troop going into the tombs with no one on the outside standing watch,ok then the little firecracker smoke bombs go off they all go running out and no one from ricks group is manning the jeep with the turret gun on top,daryl could have finished all them of off with that gun easily,and where were daryl,rick,carol & michonne when all this was going down? and then why did the governors group freak out,that lady came running out "that was a slaughter"well yea you knew what you were going to the prison for,, duh!!!! i dont get it,and with andrew handcuffed to the chair it was that easy to break them open with pliers? I just felt like the whole episode was not thought out at all. im a huge fan love it and always try to never pick it apart but just felt let down.

It's lazy writers taking illogical shortcuts.
Same thing happened in the last Batman/Dark Knight movie, all 3000 Gotham PD officers went rushing into the underground tunnel and were trapped by Bane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV