Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times

Advertisements

As soon as I heard that caller's voice I knew he was some kind of freakin weirdo

Old 04-01-2013, 02:36 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sad to say, I think it might be difficult to keep this kind of show at the level of performance it started out with, it could only be that good for so long than too many hands in the pot and plot water it down or basically, there's really no where for it to go. I haven't seen the comic/book series, maybe I'm missing what all there may be to offer far down the road, if there are many more twist and turns that are left and they can write it well for the actors, I'll be there. Kind of hard sometimes when you're watching and munching, you can't decide to enjoy the next bite or puke your guts out. I'm lovin this sure for show, so I'll enjoy my spring and summer at the beach and look forward to haunting of the fall. Lately whenever I see trees and other similar scenery to TWD, on different programming I almost expect an appearance of a zombie. LOL
This is my greatest fear, too. We saw a similar thing happen with 24 after the writers exhausted every possible outlandish scenario. In the TWDs case, I think the writers are to some extent bowing to pressure from multiple sides ("Don't kill Darryl! He's so cuuuuute!") so the writing is not nearly as good as it would be in a vacuum. But that's the problem with television, right? A novelist or comic writer, for the most part, can simply do what he wants without having to worry about his characters arguing over contracts, actors not getting along, executives wanting to keep certain characters around because they are fan favorites, etc. Killing off Andrea and Lori were probably two of the easiest and most predictable things to do in this series, imo. The finale would have had a lot more "kick" to it had Darryl been killed.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM

I think a better way to end the season would have been the Governor capturing Rick, Darryl and Michonne. Then end the episode with Rick's arm strapped to a chopping block as the Governor sharpens Michonne's katana blade. And of course Darryl's dead body lying in the background...

*End Episode*

Old 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I loved Talking Dead last night! That cuckoo from Chattanooga (sp?)!!! That call freaked everyone out!!!
They said it was the first time it had happened on that show and it really surprised me, too. What a hoot! He sounded like he was really serious. I'm surprised more callers like that have not gotten through before. I guess they will have to call in to QVC until October. I really enjoyed TTD last night, too. I'm glad they extended the time slot a while back. Last night's guests were great.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
They said it was the first time it had happened on that show and it really surprised me, too. What a hoot! He sounded like he was really serious. I'm surprised more callers like that have not gotten through before. I guess they will have to call in to QVC until October. I really enjoyed TTD last night, too. I'm glad they extended the time slot a while back. Last night's guests were great.
Do you remember where in the show this occured, so I know where to tune in next time they re-run it?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Do you remember where in the show this occured, so I know where to tune in next time they re-run it?
I'd guesstimate about 1/2-3/4 of the way? You didn't see it, Rosa??

Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
I'd guesstimate about 1/2-3/4 of the way? You didn't see it, Rosa??
I was in the kitchen or bathroom during bits and parts of the show, so I missed it. I'll try to catch next time they air it.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:

Yeah, I heard it live, but I'm jaded, you think maybe it was a setup?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM

To be honest, Season 3 was lame. It's easily the worst season of the show.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:43 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
I loved Talking Dead last night! That cuckoo from Chattanooga (sp?)!!! That call freaked everyone out!!!
Quote:
Tamiz, you know how my brain works, I must have been out of the room on that cockoo part, I don't remember it, so it probably happened when I walked into the kitchen for a few minutes. Or again my brain is malfunctioning, again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
As soon as I heard that caller's voice I knew he was some kind of freakin weirdo
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Yeah, I heard it live, but I'm jaded, you think maybe it was a setup?
So, what was the gist of the call?

Nevermind --- found it --

The Talking Dead: Season Finale 3 --Crazy Caller - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV