Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,162,103 times

Advertisements

Okay, so, serious question here.

How are the zombies not decomposing that much? Is it because they're still somewhat "alive" and fluid is still being pumped around their bodies, keeping them somewhat "fresh" ? I've never been to Georgia, but wouldn't the heat and humidity make them walking maggoty meatballs? And wouldn't their joints and stuff dry out after a while?

I know it's a TV show, but still... I'm kinda curious. And while I'm at it, would it be possible for a zombie to starve to death?

So far, I am extremely pleased with the show. The only thing that annoyed me with the premiere episode was all the commercials and the obvious plug for "Bear Grylls" branded knives and tomahawks...

Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,288,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Okay, so, serious question here.

How are the zombies not decomposing that much? Is it because they're still somewhat "alive" and fluid is still being pumped around their bodies, keeping them somewhat "fresh" ? I've never been to Georgia, but wouldn't the heat and humidity make them walking maggoty meatballs? And wouldn't their joints and stuff dry out after a while?

I know it's a TV show, but still... I'm kinda curious. And while I'm at it, would it be possible for a zombie to starve to death?

So far, I am extremely pleased with the show. The only thing that annoyed me with the premiere episode was all the commercials and the obvious plug for "Bear Grylls" branded knives and tomahawks...
“Embalming fluid makes the body’s cellular proteins toxic, so they can’t act as a nutrient source for invading bacteria. It is quite possible that the bodily fluids of a zombie – already believed to be highly deadly to humans – acts in a similar fashion, thus slowing down decomposition considerably.”

Old 10-21-2011, 08:48 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,207,831 times
So I was not going to watch just because S1 had so much crying going on but you know, ZOMBIES!!!! I decided to give it another chance and if there was a crying scene I would be done with the show.

Three scenes with crying. I'm done. Goodbye show. Not even the last scene could bring me back to watch. And just because you make the characters dumb it does not allow you, writers, to think viewers, at least me, to believe/buy the plots and drama between the characters (which by the way is reaching absurdity (from the framework of the show, of course)).

Old 10-21-2011, 09:59 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,073,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
What do you guys think about possible causes for the zombies? The websiodes seemed to imply that the violence all started kind of suddenly. Like within a half-hour people were turning into zombies. Maybe it was a virus or food contamination? I was trying to think of how all those people in that neighborhood could have turned into zombies within such a short period of time.
Airborne bio-toxin possibly released from the nearby CDC featured in the season 1 finale?
A highly concentrated dose infected a group of people there, they got loose and started the "biting frenzy" of the epidemic.
These appear to be isolated incidents until it spirals out of control a little too late due to people shrugging it off as "some crazy fool bit me."

Also, if they follow Romero rules, most everyone could already be infected and just turn after death that doesn't involve getting their brains destroyed in some fashion.
We'll just have to wait and watch to see how this all pans out.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,091,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
Ever watch the movie "the Crazies?" it kinds makes a zombie outbreak a little more credible. In that movie, the people get infected after drinking water that has been contaminated with a militarized virus of some sorts.

they really aren't flesh eaters, but they do have a murderous instinct.

I found the movie, The Crazies, Free, but it costs money to watch it. I did watch a pretty long trailer of it and get the gist though.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 PM

22,836 posts, read 28,065,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Also, if they follow Romero rules, most everyone could already be infected and just turn after death that doesn't involve getting their brains destroyed in some fashion.
We'll just have to wait and watch to see how this all pans out.
That's the way it works in TWD comics. Not sure if the TV show is going to go in that direction. All the truly dead corpses in cars and such makes me think not.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,381,929 times
Did they actually kill off the Sheriff's little boy??? I halfway fell asleep though the last half hour but this is what I thought I saw.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,091,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did they actually kill off the Sheriff's little boy??? I halfway fell asleep though the last half hour but this is what I thought I saw.

According to a kid at work who read TWD comics, Carl should not die, if they go along with the comics.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 AM

14,635 posts, read 14,502,706 times
No way the boy dies...it gives away the future generation, which essentially creates a loss of all hope (no reason to continue the story).

Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM

667 posts, read 1,738,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No way the boy dies...it gives away the future generation, which essentially creates a loss of all hope (no reason to continue the story).
Just watched a movie called "The Dead" The Dead (2010) - IMDb
and it's all about the "no hope" with Zombies.

Just gotta say AMC is so way over their heads. They have hit, back to back to back home runs and all of a sudden are overwhelmed as to how to deal with the impact of their programming. Seeing a 10 yr old shot is more like what you would see on HBO, so AMC has definitely pushed the bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV