Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Zombinado :X

Exactly!

Old 10-25-2013, 04:06 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,675,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good point, so I did some digging....

Looking around the internet there are additives that can help gas stay fresh longer and depending upon storage conditions I've heard of them lasting a year or so.

Seems diesel lasts longer and you can use gas stabilizer and get it to go 3+ years.

So, the show is definitely getting to the point where gas is no longer going to be viably laying around unless they start making their own bio-fuel and putting it in converted vehicles....or have things like solar\wind and start putting around in electrics cars or maybe some natural gas variants as I think that stuff might last longer.
Very good, but don't you think that should have dealt with somewhere in the story? I'm not the only one that must questioning this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Walkers aren't humans....

I am shaking my head, and I hate to say this and I feel like an absolute old lady right now..... but, what I don't get are all of the "What I don't gets" in this thread because it is just a tv show made for the purpose of entertainment.

Pages and pages of what I don't gets.
I'm willing to suspend reality to allow for zombies and the occasional coincidence, but I want the rest of the show to be grounded in what would likely happen given science, physics, and human nature. So far, TWD creative team has not sought out to consult with me, but I'd be willing to do a sit-down when they're ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I think they go more by smell as well. Michonne pretty much proved that by walking past walkers or through groups of them while having those two walkers on the end of the chains.
With the way Michonne acted when the blonde girl tried to get her to hold the baby, and finally getting her to hold it...I wonder if Michonne, in her past, had her own baby/child that had turned and Michonne ended up having to kill her baby/child.

As for the moat, I bet a very deep dry ditch would probably work. As long as the sides of the ditch were straight and not slanted I doubt most of the walkers would be able to climb out. The people could go out daily, or so, and lure all of the walkers in the ditch into one spot and douse them with fuel, or just throw hot coals over them, and torch them.
Excellent. This the type of zombie eradication techniques we should be seeing. There are over 300 million people in the US and over 99% were probably turned. They will still be battling zombies for many seasons.

And one more thing: What's up with Rick burning the pig stye in broad daylight? The smoke would certainly draw attention. And he starts the fire use a precious, limited resource - gasoline.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I dont think they are slick enough with the flashlight height thing to rule out the little girl but the last time they had a person on the inside causing trouble it turned to be an inmate Andrew but there was a huge continuity problem with that because they hadnt even introduced him yet.

so how this little girl goes out at night handling rats with her bare hands and feeding zombies without being scared or discovered is a stretch to me but if it turns out to be some surprise character they haven't even shown I will feel cheated by poor writing. Every other new speaking character except the black alky and the doctor has died.
One of the girls started shrieking "THEY KILLED HIM" and freaking out, She wasn't talking about her DAD she was talking about "NICK" who was probably her brother and the one she has been feeding. If you look carefully you see him in the hoard at the beginning, then they show his face as he is 'killed' when they are trying to save the fence. I don't think this is that big a mystery......

Old 10-25-2013, 10:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They'd have a generator in case of power failures, it's going to be an industrial one in the facility so it's not going to be super noisy and would also be nestled in the building.

Gas is going to start to be a problem unless they start distilling their own ethanol.

Another year or so and they won't be driving all over the place like they have so far in the show.
Then they'll need to find a new sponsor lol

Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

They can at least go up stairs. They did that in the episode where Michonne and Carl were in that restaurant or bar where he saw their family picture, and they had to get on the roof of that store in the first episode somehow.

I think those walkers were already there when they turned. Oh, and I'll have to go back and rewatch but as far as the roof of the store, was it clear the copter had crashed? Perhaps it landed there to take off survivors and was overrun with walkers? The store had been fenced off by the military.

The only walkers I've seen climb on their own was in Atlanta when Rick was in the tank. They seem to have lost some abilities since S1

Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I dont think they are slick enough with the flashlight height thing to rule out the little girl but the last time they had a person on the inside causing trouble it turned to be an inmate Andrew but there was a huge continuity problem with that because they hadnt even introduced him yet.
Andrew was in a previous episode and Rick basically chased him outside and then locked the door on him and left him to the walkers in the prison yard.

The main issue I had with the Andrew arc was him a. surviving a yard full of walkers b. surviving long enough to kill a deer and c. getting back into the prison anyway.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
And I think Bad Lip Reading has ruined the show for me. Every time Rick talks I think of La-Bibbida-la-bibba-dum. I end up laughing no matter what he says.

LOL For me it's seeing the Gov sing "that's how we do it on Broadway" = )

Also the honest trailer didn't help matters any

Old 10-26-2013, 04:41 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Andrew was in a previous episode and Rick basically chased him outside and then locked the door on him and left him to the walkers in the prison yard.

The main issue I had with the Andrew arc was him a. surviving a yard full of walkers b. surviving long enough to kill a deer and c. getting back into the prison anyway.
Yeah but they had a POV shot of someone in the woods spying on Carol at the beginning of the episode where they introduced the prisoners.

I think the copter crashed while attempting to land on the roof.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
I think those walkers were already there when they turned. Oh, and I'll have to go back and rewatch but as far as the roof of the store, was it clear the copter had crashed? Perhaps it landed there to take off survivors and was overrun with walkers? The store had been fenced off by the military.

The only walkers I've seen climb on their own was in Atlanta when Rick was in the tank. They seem to have lost some abilities since S1
I my have to look back, but I thought they followed Michonne up stairs.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:22 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
LOL For me it's seeing the Gov sing "that's how we do it on Broadway" = )

Also the honest trailer didn't help matters any
What the heck are you guys talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV