Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Oh gosh. I watched TWD a little bit ago and it was pretty hard to get through. Poor Jack Osbourne.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,935,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Too bad the producers chose a rear wheel drive Charger. If they had been driving a Subaru, the all wheel drive could have helped get them off the pile.
That would make a great Subaru commercial.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I don't think there is any way they could have made it through all of those zombies no matter what they were driving. That was a lot of zombies.
That was one eye opening scene. We knew they were out there, but, what brought them in droves to that one area is curious. It was like they're all heading in a particular direction. wooo ouuuuu, cough, cough, wooooooo so scary. Really it was a scary sight though.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
They really need something with 4wd like the Governor had. If they had 4wd last night they would have never gotten stuck on that pile of walkers.
This is the kind of things that irritate me about the show. The obvious things that would have figured out by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Well I think it's safe to assume Carol has to go now...she committed cold blooded murder...wasn't a kill or be killed scenario...hope she goes out with a bang!!!
Maybe not if they were already dead and she was trying to limit the contamination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
Season has been slow and boring so far. ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

Hoping it picks up soon
I know. I lot of "filler" stuff. At least this episode did not have a close-up stabbin'-zombies-at-the-fence scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But the controversy is not if they were about to turn but if they were just sick. What if they find medicine to treat them? Gale Anne Hurd said as much in the talking dead after - that Carol took it on herself to kill them and burn them before they died to try to stop the disease from spreading.
That's kinda how I took it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post

Question: It appears the ill are in unlocked cells. Why wouldn't they lock them in incase one turns and kills all of them? That area is spoooooooky.
I know. They showed the one walker in the cell. I would think that they would require everyone to lock themselves in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCboot36 View Post
Bwahahah!

Gail Hurd also mentioned something about gas mileage efficiencies during TTD. How profound, seeing as there is never any shortage to their gasoline supply!
I brought something similar up earlier. Gasoline goes bad after about three to six months. Mathguy did some research and discovered that there are additives that can be put in gas to extends its life to, at most, a year and a half. You would have thought that this would have been covered on the show, though. They have to deal with it soon. Making biodiesel; something.

Quote:
Patrick died in a matter of hours after feeling poorly. I'm not sure how anyone else is supposed to last for days if they are coughing up blood. Dr. S should be a goner, as well as Sasha. Glenn still has a modicum amount of strength / will power. He might survive. All in all, Karen might have been REALLY close to death's door if not gone when she was stabbed in the head and burned. I don't think Carol is killing people. She did wait for Mika and Lizzie's dad to pass before stabbing him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Supposedly the flu can be "weaker" as it spreads. So Patient Zero would be the most virulent/sickly etc. But that's not true for all and if it doesn't mutate. Too much science!
It is quite a coincidence that they would get a very virulent strain.

A few other things:

So, Hershel could not make and deliver the tea without being in with the other infected people? And the doctor doesn’t know how to cough without covering or at least turning his mouth first?

And Rick putting off the issues with fixing the well. There is almost nothing more important than making sure their water supply is working at all times. A second, back-up well is in order too.

And talking outside the fence line. You would think that Hershel and Carl would know better. I think they are way too loud inside the fence line. If zombies are attracted to noise, you would think they would have a No Talking Louder Than A Whisper rule. They are far too noisy.

I should be running this place.

Last edited by Everdeen; 10-28-2013 at 10:57 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 10:39 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Well its obvious Hyundai has the vehicle sponsorship thing on lock. Maybe they will score an AWD Santa Fe some time soon...

What was the Doc doing exactly to treat them besides getting sick and coughing all over everybody himself? No medicine no real medical equipment in sight - for him to basically sacrifice himself like that being the only real MD seemed reckless.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,674,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well its obvious Hyundai has the vehicle sponsorship thing on lock. Maybe they will score an AWD Santa Fe some time soon...
Hyundai doesn't make the muscle car they used. They should be using a four wheel drive pick up. I would not be as fuel efficient, but since they seem to never have a gas issue...

Quote:
What was the Doc doing exactly to treat them besides getting sick and coughing all over everybody himself? No medicine no real medical equipment in sight - for him to basically sacrifice himself like that being the only real MD seemed reckless.
I could see them using whatever medicine - elderberries in this case - to bring down the fever. They should have a natural healing resource. Maybe soon they will make a library of how-to books. It would be nice to have an episode where they realize that there is information out there on healing herbs, how to make electricity or biodiesel, etc.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:00 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
So Tyreese got bit but not enough to die right there? He's gonna hafta go.

I thought about the covering of the mouth when Sasha was coughing all over the place outside. How could a doctor cough like that without covering his mouth? Yikes!

Man, that was a LOT of walkers on that road! They better get the heck out of that prison...soon.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:34 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
So Tyreese got bit but not enough to die right there? He's gonna hafta go.
Did he? I didn't think he did, and I don't remember them saying anything about it.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:38 AM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
That would make a great Subaru commercial.
Hahahaha. I can just see it now .... the father, mother and their young children coming out of their upscale house, manicured lawns and picket fences, loading the Subaru up with things for the beach and a hamper full of food. They merrily drive down a shaded two lane roadway, singing little ditties as they drive along .. when suddenly, as they round a bend in the road they are engulfed within a massive herd of walkers. The mother and children look tense, the father just grins and backs up the Subaru, ending up with the Subaru on top of a pile of walkers. The father, grinning widely, guns it and the Subaru makes mush out of the walkers. The Subaru starts moving forward and mows down all of the walkers in front of them, the mother and kids are now smiling. They make it to the beach and park out in the sand. Everyone gets out happy and laughing. The father walks around to the back of the Subaru and flicks off some guts, eyeballs and other assorted pieces of walkers and then pulls out their blanket to sit on and the hamper full of food. In the background, with the Subaru in the foreground, the family is having fun while sitting on the blanket and pulling food out of the hamper .... the tagline reads .... "Riding in a Subaru is better than being a walker".

I think the little girl was faking being sick too. She certainly didn't look sick and her little cough after saying she was sick reminded me of when kids act sick because they don't want to go to school. I'm sure Carol didn't overlook the fact that the girl still had the knife on her.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:08 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Hyundai doesn't make the muscle car they used. They should be using a four wheel drive pick up. I would not be as fuel efficient, but since they seem to never have a gas issue...
well no it was a Dodge Charger. And being the base V6 model it was far from a muscle car. I said as much in an earlier post and that a 4wd truck would have been better. I was just being flippant about every one saying this would be a golden opportunity for Subaru. Have you not noticed the conspicuously new lime green Hyundai they have? Dont you notice how there's a zombie themed Hyundai commercial every break? Thats what I meant by they have the sponsorship thing down. They arent so bold that every car in the show is a hyundai but every OTHER car isnt as new or nice or Hey Look At Me! bright looking as the Santa Fe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV