Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times

Advertisements

If there are some truly loyal fans like myself, you really should pick up the mini novels, Rise of the Governor, The Road to Woodbury and now finally out last month The Fall of the governor pt 1. if you do read it you will see so much of those books in the show, in the rise of the governor Brian Blake(as he was in the book)goes into the apt building with his brother Phillip & friend and penny, and meet the family, but soon get over run by zombies so Brian makes a play for the girl in the family and they kick them out. so very similar story line, its definitely a good read and quick too.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,154 times
As soon as they said Grandpa had Stage 4 cancer, I though for sure the little girl was dead. The wannabe cop girl is annoying... time to get bit. I did like this episode, even with the Gov. Just seeing something other than the Prison. Seeing another group, or in this case family, surviving.

Still waiting on Tyrese and Daryls reactions to the Carol situation.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post

I am trying to see how this storyline ends up at the prison. I envision him losing the girl somehow to walkers and makes him vengeful again by placing the blame on Rick and his people OR he is there at the prison to offer sanctuary that Martinez has somewhere.
It will be interesting to see where they go. Are they redeeming him? If so, what if he were coincidentally at the prison with the women and the girl just out of view and he was trying to see if they would take them in while he agrees to leave them alone and goes on his way or even sacrifice himself to Michonne.

Its just hard to tell what is going in in his head at this point.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:42 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Ah the Gov, so many sayings come to mind. I showed you who I am, It's my nature and so on. Sure people can change their behaviors, especially if the writers so choose to make the Gov someone other than who he is. The voting results on TTD was interesting, reminded me of so many people that take back their batterers with not so good outcomes in the end. People always want to know, well why did so and so take them back; they seemed truly changed and remorseful. Just my take on the matter, I don't trust him as far as I can see him with or without my two bad eyes.

I enjoyed the episode, but was jonesing for a glimpse of the gang at the prison.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Talking Dead, I thought he was a Londoner , sounds like he's from Liverpool .
Yeah, he sounds a lot like Paul and John. He actually is from Liverpool. He was born and raised there.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
That was one of the worst episodes ever this show is a sink ship.
I thought it was a great episode. It was a change of pace.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Last night's episode was the best of the season so far.

The Governor actually reminds me a lot of General Woundwort from Watership Down. A ruthless antagonist who nonetheless has some very admirable qualities, and the more you learn about his background, the more you even kind of sympathize with him.

And that got me to thinking that --- at least so far --- The Walking Dead is an almost plotline-for-plotline retelling of Watership Down, only with zombies instead of bunnies.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:33 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,838 times
One thing I noticed last night that I don't think anyone has mentioned. The younger sister mentioned an Ana and Sam (or so I think that's what I heard). I think she was referring to the two hippy kids in the episode where Rick kicks Carol to the curb. Did anyone else notice that?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
One thing I noticed last night that I don't think anyone has mentioned. The younger sister mentioned an Ana and Sam (or so I think that's what I heard). I think she was referring to the two hippy kids in the episode where Rick kicks Carol to the curb. Did anyone else notice that?
I completely missed that! I'll have to watch again for that.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I'm p*ssed off now that the writers made me care about the Governor!

I was really annoyed last season by his character, and considered it bad or lazy writing, since he was so one-dimensional. A character that is pure evil or pure good is just boring. Most people have good and bad in them, and characters with internal conflicts are the most interesting. But he was just a paper-stand-up-cutout. Not human at all, but written like a child would write a "bad-guy."

Now, they are finally fleshing out the Governor and giving him more dimensions. Not sure if it's too late for people like me though; we'll see. Why couldn't they add in a few "good" hints last year to make him a little more interesting?

Yes, the one woman (the mother of Megan) did look like she could be Maggie's twin! I wonder if she won a contest or something and that's how she got the role?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV