Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It. Doesn't. Matter. Can't people just watch a show & enjoy it without dissecting it to death?

I found this past episode to be boring & I still don't trust the Governor. And that cop chick is one of the worst actors to ever be on this show. That's it, that's all I have to say.
Part of enjoying it requires the writers dont get lazy. Zombies suddenly not dieing from headshots would be too big of a break. The need to set the rules for this universe and stick with it. Thats why theres SOME of the questions. But I agree with Carbon in that some people need to watch more carefully.

I agree that the young girl actress's performance was cringe worthy. Asking the gov to "pound it" made me roll my eyes. And the whole ankle twist scene was a big WTF to me.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Part of enjoying it requires the writers dont get lazy. Zombies suddenly not dieing from headshots would be too big of a break. The need to set the rules for this universe and stick with it. Thats why theres SOME of the questions. But I agree with Carbon in that some people need to watch more carefully.

I agree that the young girl actress's performance was cringe worthy. Asking the gov to "pound it" made me roll my eyes. And the whole ankle twist scene was a big WTF to me.
What zombies are not dying from head shots? I didn't see or hear anything about that.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I didn't find it hilarious but I sure thought someone didn't do their research!
I guess that is just something we weren't supposed to notice, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Not only that, they seem to leave the lamps burning all the time. A total waste of fuel. I am sure much of this, including the evidently endless supply of flashlight batteries, is for effect, but I a real situation like this, you would carry one or two lamps around WITH you.
Just all part of the whole "suspension of belief" thing

Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM

377 posts, read 529,504 times
this might be the episode where the show jumps the shark. Are we to believe that these people survived all this time without even knowing how to put down a walker?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:09 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
this might be the episode where the show jumps the shark. Are we to believe that these people survived all this time without even knowing how to put down a walker?
Herschel and family did.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:50 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
It's not all that hard to believe. They haven't had to live "out there" like rick and the gang has had to do, so they have no experience with these things, The older sister got the oxygen as her father picked her up in his food truck the day of the outbreak. The father parked the truck "filled from floor to ceiling" with boxes of food, not to mention the younger sister went through all the other apartments as they were being abandoned and collected all the food and probably medicine along with other supplies.

The farthest they've had to venture out is right outside the complex to the Gorbelli Foods truck parked right outside. Seems they've barely left the security and shelter of their four walls.

I can believe that they didn't have enough experience with walkers to know how to kill them.... they've never had to kill them.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,165,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
She was trying to get in to KILL the walkers because she heard the gun shots and knew she had to get in to help her father.

Someone asked this a few pages ago and I feel it needs to be asked again: do you people even WATCH the show?
Doesn't matter. She would have destroyed that door and left them open to walkers. Hershel was holding his own just fine, she could have found another way in. If I remember right, Hershel told her he didn't need her in there, but she insisted she had to come in. The only thing she did right was shooting the walker and missing the breathing bag.

It was a stupid thing to do. Moves like that get others killed.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
You're very right - I am re-watching season 1 and the episode where Shane and the guy farm Hershel's farm go to the school to get medicine for Carl who's been shot. These walkers are sprinting. Plus in an earlier episode the walker that cornered Andrea in Dale's RV basically was looking around. Very different now.

The writers in season 1 also did a lot more pockets of normalcy and feel good followed by something tragic i.e. Carl admiring the deer then getting shot, enjoying a hot shower and wine at the CDC then basically running from it as it explodes.

Later seasons seem to always have that "oh crap" was about to happen at any moment. Somewhat interesting to see the difference now...
Yes. And I remember in the 1st season when Rick encounters the little girl walker. She bends down to pick up a doll.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What zombies are not dying from head shots? I didn't see or hear anything about that.
None. The poster before that suggested that such an occurrence would ruin the credibility of the show and rightly so.

I dont mind the picking up a rock or doll, but running zombies change the dynamic from slow shuffling ones. So would climbing ones. I still dont think one can climb a ladder or fence or should be able too. Crawling over each other and on to the tank is no big deal either.

the thing that bothered me the most from last episode is when the Gov fought hand to hand with the zombies. Punching one in the face would be way too risky. Any contact with teeth could rip open a hand and be like a bite. But our antihero is so BA he doesnt have to worry about that...

Old 11-19-2013, 01:11 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
None. The poster before that suggested that such an occurrence would ruin the credibility of the show and rightly so.

I dont mind the picking up a rock or doll, but running zombies change the dynamic from slow shuffling ones. So would climbing ones. I still dont think one can climb a ladder or fence or should be able too. Crawling over each other and on to the tank is no big deal either.

the thing that bothered me the most from last episode is when the Gov fought hand to hand with the zombies. Punching one in the face would be way too risky. Any contact with teeth could rip open a hand and be like a bite. But our antihero is so BA he doesnt have to worry about that...
That's true, I didn't think of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV