Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
It sounds like you got a few years on me, comics was about .35-.75 an issue when I was a kid. I don't collect them much now days outside of trying to piece a complete Amazing Spiderman collection...that and fill in a few holes in some other misc sets.

Anyhow, I'm not going to spoil anything, or at least try not to spoil it.

Oh yeah, I'm an Oldie but Goodie now. I don't know about the other people here but I enjoy hearing what the comics have to say that is different. I even let the kid at work tell me spoilers 'cuz that doesn't bother me in the least.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:35 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,089,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Comics run about 1.99-2.99 now days. This person maybe talking about the collector's value of The Walking Dead. The first issue will set you back 200-300 bucks ( signed Kirkman Certified copies can run 1,000). I've got the first 10 or so Walking Dead comics but I've never opened one. Instead I waited to buy the TBs, Trade Paper backs that consist of say 4 or 5 comics in one volume. This way I can can read 10-20 comics non stop and not risk damaging my originals. Anyhow, you can pick up a single volume Walking Dead TB for about 12.95...unless things has changed. Right now the TV series is about to enter volume 3 if anyone is interested. If they follow the comics, which hey have been some what close, the next 1-3 episodes should be cool.
I ran across the comics in a hard-cover compilation over at Barnes/Noble yesterday.
I think it was about $15-$20 for each edition, quite decent for those of us wanting to see how well the comics are contrasted by the show.
As far as this entire show goes, I still love it and am now becoming a little more convinced that crossbows make better survivalist weapons than firearms for all-around hunting/self-defense.

That said, I was a little shocked by what went down with Otis as many of you here have already suggested yourselves.
However, Otis seemed to be gobbled up pretty well, so there appears to be no chance of that guy turning into a reanimant.
As far as the upcoming episode, looks quite intense as far as the previews go.
I mean, what was that thing in the well?!?!?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:16 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,247,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I ran across the comics in a hard-cover compilation over at Barnes/Noble yesterday.
I think it was about $15-$20 for each edition, quite decent for those of us wanting to see how well the comics are contrasted by the show.
As far as this entire show goes, I still love it and am now becoming a little more convinced that crossbows make better survivalist weapons than firearms for all-around hunting/self-defense.

That said, I was a little shocked by what went down with Otis as many of you here have already suggested yourselves.
However, Otis seemed to be gobbled up pretty well, so there appears to be no chance of that guy turning into a reanimant.
As far as the upcoming episode, looks quite intense as far as the previews go.
I mean, what was that thing in the well?!?!?
Oh I'm very pleased with the show, it actually turned out better than expected for me anyhow.

As for the TV series involving Otis. I was rather shocked my self at the out come. Just like a few others, I figured they would dress in some zombie guts and walk out the door. That scene diffenitly left me conflicted. I want to say under the circumstances I would have found a way to save everyone at the very least felt a little compassion and shot the guy in the head.

The crossbow has it's pros and con for sure. I personally have a compound bow and have thought about the advantages in case of some form of SHTF senario. So I had new strings installed and arrows made up for it...would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Anyhow, I generally DVR this program and watch after the family hits the bed...sometimes having to watch it he following night. So I may be a bit absent from this thread as not to spoil it for me. Until then, take it easy fellow Zombie hunters!

Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,179,026 times
Halfway through tonight's episode and I'm on the edge of my seat. I was real worried there for a sec with Glenn, he's awesome and I would have been pissed.

Edit: GO GLENN!

Last edited by JordanJP; 11-06-2011 at 07:42 PM..

Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM

Well it looks like I may and spoiled it a bit mentioning the barn scene....sorry about that. I figured it was going to be deleted but may take up the whole second series. This whole missing girl scene is a bit annoying but other wise is still pretty good.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,265,550 times
Tonight's episode had a couple of scenes that really scared me. Good stuff!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 PM

I tell you what, I was waiting on some zombie to stroll in on those two in the pharmacy lol Talking about getting caught with you pants down.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,379 times
Lol I was too. From the amount of zombies running around the school I am surprised the town did not have any! Amazing that a zombie can come out of the trees when they are hiking but nothing approaches the farm!
Still enjoying the show although parts seem to run slow. I think Shane is going to half to tell someone what he did with Otis, he is having too many flash backs not to confess his part.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:08 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,557,780 times
I'm watching the new episodes a couple weeks later than you guys so will skip commentary on the latest episode to avoid spoilers. Speaking of spoilers - it's definitely interesting to speculate about what might happen - and to have comparisons to the actual comics after we've passed those points - but I agree with whichever of you said you're trying to avoid bringing in spoilers from the comics

Also, some of you were wondering about the hanging guy and whether zombies eat dead people. Daryl noted that that guy tried to kill himself by hanging but was unsuccessful. He was still alive when the zombies feasted on him, then died of shock/suffocation/blood loss so returned zombified.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times
This last episode kinda bored me, first episode that did this although the getting the zombie out of the well was good. Getting real tired of the show showing the shot boy so much, time to move on to other stories. As far as the lost girl, still interested in them finding her, I think Daryl did not find her but certainly found someone else, another child perhaps, who was sleeping in the house which is probably why he didn't tell anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.