Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,457,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I thought Bob's motivation to catch up to Maggie (and not stay with Sasha) was weak.
I agree, but I just let is slide and wrote it off as them needing the tie into the next point nothing more. I understood he wanted to be part of a group, but to abandon Sasha like that to chase after Maggie heading for the unknown. He could have held up with Sasha for a short while if he really cared about her at all. Beyond weak. Sasha should use him for bait next time she needs an escape. j/k. on the bait bit But, he would for sure be of no use to me mate wise at that point. Play it any way you want. To think I was developing a soft spot for him, ah, still am, but they can off him if they want. Just leave the rest of the group alone for now.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,887,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Really?
-They held hands briefly at one point.
In a time of shared grief and rememberence. When they held hands, it was because they were looking at a grave stone that said "beloved Father" and they were obviously remembering Herschel and comforting each other.
Quote:
Daryl asked Beth to keep singing to him...in a creepy yet somewhat romantic candlelit parlor
She sang as she did in front of the entire group. Maybe he found the tune soothing and relaxing.
Quote:
-Daryl set the table for them to eat like it was a "date" and carried her over the threshold honeymoon style
Don't forget she had an injured leg...
Quote:
-Daryl was about to admit that Beth had changed him when the barking dog zombie boobie trap situation happened
So?

None of these things conclusively indicates a romance. I think those who are interpreting them that way is because they are either rooting for that to happen, or because they suspected it was going to. All of these things have alternate innocent explanations. Until I see them kiss or something like that, I don't believe the writers were implying romance.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I'm thinking Daryl has a wide age range in the women he likes. Isn't Beth like 18yr old or something? He clearly had feelings for Carol before everything blew up
Again, I didn't get that vibe. They had a special bond but was it romantic? I don't think the writers ever implied that.

Quote:
- Carol is in her 40s (or I guess late 30s). I was wondering if Beth and Daryl get together, *then* Carol re-emerges, that's gonna be a little awkward.
I don't think so, seeing as Carol and Daryl never had a romantic relationship.

]

Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,129,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Not really, not if you actually watch the show instead of just having it on in the background...

Sasha and Tyreese are not new characters. Been on since last season.
Lighten up Francis!

Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,155 times
Quote:
None of these things conclusively indicates a romance. I think those who are interpreting them that way is because they are either rooting for that to happen, or because they suspected it was going to. All of these things have alternate innocent explanations. Until I see them kiss or something like that, I don't believe the writers were implying romance.
They devoted an entire "filler" episode of them bonding and essentially warming up to each other, with last night's follow-up of them starting to play house. They are clearly implying romance.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I definitely got that vibe. Holding hands;
Comforting one another in a time of grief

Quote:
carrying her;
Injured leg..

Quote:
singing to him;
She wasn't singing to him, she was just singing as she has dione several times before in the show to the entire group.

Quote:
then Darryl making comments about maybe they could just stay there and play house . . . . .
They have to stay somewhere don't they? It isn't practical or safe to keep running.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:22 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,110,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I agree, but I just let is slide and wrote it off as them needing the tie into the next point nothing more. I understood he wanted to be part of a group, but to abandon Sasha like that to chase after Maggie heading for the unknown. He could have held up with Sasha for a short while if he really cared about her at all. Beyond weak. Sasha should use him for bait next time she needs an escape. j/k. on the bait bit But, he would for sure be of no use to me mate wise at that point. Play it any way you want. To think I was developing a soft spot for him, ah, still am, but they can off him if they want. Just leave the rest of the group alone for now.
Not only that, I'd figure his desire for love/affection (esp from a hot girl) would be shooting through the roof by now. He still could've stuck with Sasha and get her to go to Terminus later as well.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
They devoted an entire "filler" episode of them bonding and essentially warming up to each other, with last night's follow-up of them starting to play house. They are clearly implying romance.
Maybe I'm just not good at seeing the signs then, because there was nothing that couldn't be given an alternate explanation. At best, they were teasing a romance.

Give me a smoking gun.... If they were implying romance, they should have had them kiss....

Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,806,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I think it was a "bait house" to lure people in and get comfy until they could be taken. All those walkers were sent there on purpose by whoever is monitoring the house. Beth has probably been taken to Terminus.
Then Terminus would be like a Woodbury, an evil place. They wouldn't let her take her bag or wait for Daryl? I hope not. One Woodbury was enough.

I got the impression they were far away Terminus. I think it was just a local group that saw a chance to get a young pretty woman.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:32 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,155 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm just not good at seeing the signs then, because there was nothing that couldn't be given an alternate explanation. At best, they were teasing a romance.

Give me a smoking gun.... If they were implying romance, they should have had them kiss....
Isn't the show superficial and non thought provoking enough? The writers dont need the characters to flat out declare their love for each other for a romance to be the mix. You dont get this amount of screen time without something significant being behind it, especially with a relatively minor character, until now, like Beth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.