Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotb16 View Post
Something like this happened to TK and Rachel back in season 12. They were last in one non-elimination leg. The next leg in Japan, they were spared because all teams left during the late night hours and a building that had a clue did not open till morning. Next thing you know, TK and Rachel not only come back, but WON the race a few legs later.
Pretty sure it happened in the season with Romber (Rob & Amber) -- they were the ONLY team on an airplane heading to the final destination (IIRC). The plane's door was already closed and getting ready for take-off, and THEN everything stopped and another team was allowed to board the plane.

Now, I was fine with Romber not winning that season () but, sorry, someone had to pull some strings to get that done, because it just doesn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Pretty sure it happened in the season with Romber (Rob & Amber) -- they were the ONLY team on an airplane heading to the final destination (IIRC). The plane's door was already closed and getting ready for take-off, and THEN everything stopped and another team was allowed to board the plane.

Now, I was fine with Romber not winning that season () but, sorry, someone had to pull some strings to get that done, because it just doesn't happen.
yea, that left a bad taste in my mouth. NO pilot-to my knowledge-would EVER allow that to happen. Soooooooooooooo someone made it happen. I cried foul!

Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I dont remember WHERE they were....but if they were in some backwoods third word country, flying on "Petfarkens Puddle Jumper Airlines" it WOULD be possible for them to hold the plane and reopen the doors....and Romber was a GOOD BS artist and might get it on.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:24 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
I'm very happy with the final three teams!

I'm also happy that:

Spoiler

Nick and Vicki missed the 1st flight to Seoul. I was thinking for a while that they'd get to the airport in time to catch it, and thus their 6+ hour delay would have been pointless.

Nat & Kat FTW !!!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:

I'm also happy that:

Spoiler

Nick and Vicki missed the 1st flight to Seoul. I was thinking for a while that they'd get to the airport in time to catch it, and thus their 6+ hour delay would have been pointless.

Nat & Kat FTW !!!
I'm also rooting for them.I really don't want Thomas and Jill to win though.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:

I'm also happy that:

Spoiler

Nat & Kat FTW !!!
Have to agree 100%...At first I was worried that they would catch up on the plane flight, but am happy now that all has turned out for the better. Like to see Nat & Kat win, they deserve it.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Have to agree 100%...At first I was worried that they would catch up on the plane flight, but am happy now that all has turned out for the better. Like to see Nat & Kat win, they deserve it.
agree with all of you!! I was thinking,"oh noooooooooo-don't let Nick and Vicki be on that plane!!" They probably were a day behind. We won't know until it's revealed cause the editing sure won't provide details.
Jill & Thomas catch so many breaks that it looks suspiciois
I do not want them to win!!!!

Nat & Kat all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
I like the final 3. Sad that Jill is chained at the ankle to Thomas. I'm not sure what it is with guys on this race, doing the one thing any sensible man can see will get them nothing but pain: ragging on their women on national TV. I understand the emotion, especially when someone whines "I just can't do it..." when the reality is she just doesn't want to and isn't having fun. But you can't get anywhere with ridicule and belittling.

This season it also seems like we have had more people incapable of reading the rules than ever before. All sorts of penalties. They used to be rare. This season, lots.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
Been pulling for Nat & Kat since the beginning. I hope they win! One thing I noticed - is that they are one of the only teams who never got nasty or snippy with each other. They've raced this entire time with a smile on their faces and positive encouragement for each other! Those ladies are a credit to their profession, their communities and themselves!

Go Team MD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Last night's episode was great. I was really afraid that one team was going to end up in North Korea. LOL.

For the very first time I actually like all teams in the final 3. But, my absolute fav team is Kat & Nat. They have so much class. They's played well and they seem like such nice people. They smile all the time and are never mean to each other or anyone else. Plus, they are really having a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV