Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:51 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times

Advertisements

I know who I don't like. The team that was eliminated, IM0, could've been as likable as The Cowboys last season. They never blew up at each other as some do when things go as bad as it did tonight for them. That or good editing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 10:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
OMG OMG OMG, I LOVE them! Our namesakes came in FIRST! WOO HOO!!!! And they're SO NICE! "Good afternoon, Sir, may we please have our clue?" LOVE them!

Go Team Jill & Thomas!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I hope Claire is ok - hopefully she won't have any more headaches because of the watermelon. I'm glad she was able to laugh about it.

I'm glad Nick & Vicki realized that the boats were right there, LOL.
Team Tattoostupid had never heard of stonehenge,couldn't find their way anywhere,didn't know to get their flag,couldn't find their boat-that was right in front of them and thought London is a country............hope security frisked them for the pot they must have been smoking. Morons!! They annoy me -much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I know who I don't like. The team that was eliminated, IM0, could've been as likable as The Cowboys last season. They never blew up at each other as some do when things go as bad as it did tonight for them. That or good editing.
I too really liked the emliminated team

good,fast paced start to the new season.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Am glad the season started. This IMO was a great 1st episode. It had a lot of excitement, tons of laughs, and was fast paced.
I haven't picked a favorite yet, am leaning toward some, but want to wait a week or two and see if personalities or tactics change.
The women trying to drive the stick shift vehicles that had a difficult time cracked me up and those who kept falling into the water off the turtle boats had me in stitches.
Seems to me after all these years those contestants have seen that vehicles are driven in every yearly series at times and that they would learn to drive a stick shift.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Thank goodness I've never had to try, but my husband has driven in London and every time they showed one of the teams having a hard time with the stick on the left, he commented about how hard it is to adjust to.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Loved it! I really hope then do something as awesome as the cheese roll this season. That would make me super happy!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:08 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
OmG that one team nick and vicki from las vegas is soooooooooo dumb . I hope they get gone soon . I mean what school did she go to she had never heard of stonehenge ? oh please all that ink has gone to her brain lol !! I just really dislike them .

Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 AM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
Is the Express Pass just for the team that won last night or does every stage winner get one?

The pass is nice, but if it is only a one time save, its not that much of an advantage. Although if you could make it to the last leg with the pass innhand, it would be a big boost.

Our joke at our house describing somebody stupid is saying "they are a box of rocks". so when the woman said she thought Stonehenge was a box of rocks, we really got a laugh. My 13 year old knew what it was and he thought she was dumb.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:27 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
I gotta agree with most everyone on here that Nick and Vicki are two of the dumbest people I've ever seen. She's never heard of Stonehenge! I guess all the tattoo ink, piercings and silicone has killed some of her brain cells. I suspect those two had to be high at least for part of the show

Mallory (Kentucky beauty queen) really is a sweet little thing but that "Miss Mary Sunshine" schtick will get old for me quickly. At least she's got nice manners

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the doctors and the mom & daughter. I think the doctors will probably work together very well, I mean if they can do open-heart surgery and hold a life in their hands, then they can easily manage these challenges without losing it. And the mom & daughter I think there may be an interesting dynamic come up between the two of them.

The two teams I don't like right off the bat are the volleyball players and the TV hosts (lmao when she got hit in the face). There's something kind of conniving about those two teams. Mark my words One or the both teams will get quite ugly before the season is done.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Really enjoyed the first episode The sad part is I kept waiting to see the watermelon part. OMG, I would have been knocked out cold at the speed and weight of that melon hitting me in the face. I'm glad she was okay and nothing broken.

Why, oh why, must they have a few not so bright couples on every year. Talk about stupid Need I say more

Too early to pick a favorite team, but I did like the two that were eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV