Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 05:47 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I remember years ago I used to watch American Chopper. Lost interest in it and can't see myself ever coming back. It jumped the shark years ago.

jesse james, I'd never watch anything with him. I lost ALL respect for Sandra Bullock when she hooked up with that tard.

He did not seem like too much of a PR**K on Monster Garage.

But man, sure made himself look like a complete A**hole on the build off......my opinion of him went WAY down. Seemed like he was trying to make up for his insecurities by cutting everyone else down.....pretty pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 AM

926 posts, read 1,255,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
missed this and actually was turned off from american chopper for a while ... i'm back in on this season - but mainly to see PJD and what they put out ....... there isn't a lot of drama/interest in that shop so you offset with the antics of OCC, but I enjoy the thought they put into it and how they go about their business

I also think that Jr would be nuts to let anyone get ahold of Brendan - that kid has some serious talent & vision as well
Brendon has had his own business for years...Elitemetaldesigns.com
He builds custom bikes and does sheet metal work for some of the established bike builders in the business. JR is lucky to have him on his team.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He did not seem like too much of a PR**K on Monster Garage.

But man, sure made himself look like a complete A**hole on the build off......my opinion of him went WAY down. Seemed like he was trying to make up for his insecurities by cutting everyone else down.....pretty pathetic.
Agreed,

JJ came off as pretty cool in the Monster Garage series for the most part but I lost respect for the man after that show.

As for OCC, I dropped that show shortly before the explosion between Sr & Jr. I have watched a couple shows since and it just screams staged! It's probably staged to help Jr start his own business. Once he's up and rolling, like 2-3 seasons, him and Sr will kiss and make up. Who knows, but I can live with that that crap.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Agreed,

JJ came off as pretty cool in the Monster Garage series for the most part but I lost respect for the man after that show.

As for OCC, I dropped that show shortly before the explosion between Sr & Jr. I have watched a couple shows since and it just screams staged! It's probably staged to help Jr start his own business. Once he's up and rolling, like 2-3 seasons, him and Sr will kiss and make up. Who knows, but I can live with that that crap.

Maybe it is staged, but I really get the impression that the Old Man is just a hothead who has driven a permanent wedge between himself and his kids.

How does he get so pi**ed off at Jr, that guy put out some amazing bikes, made OCC a lot of money I bet.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Maybe it is staged, but I really get the impression that the Old Man is just a hothead who has driven a permanent wedge between himself and his kids.

How does he get so pi**ed off at Jr, that guy put out some amazing bikes, made OCC a lot of money I bet.
It's like NASCAR, one of the main reasons people watch it is their expecting to some wreckage. The main thing I consistently heard when talking about OCC was Sr's melt downs. People like drama and seeing chairs fly across the room etc. The diehard biker crowd lost interest in the show because of it I guess and they saw a drop in ratings. So they staged more drama hoping to pick up some more fan base and my guess is it worked. How many of us who stopped watching the original show has actually picked the new show up? Even I have watched a show or two just to check it out. The whole thing screams an act of desperation or one last ditch effort. Who knows, I could be wrong but that is how it comes across to me.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
It's like NASCAR, one of the main reasons people watch it is their expecting to some wreckage. The main thing I consistently heard when talking about OCC was Sr's melt downs. People like drama and seeing chairs fly across the room etc. The diehard biker crowd lost interest in the show because of it I guess and they saw a drop in ratings. So they staged more drama hoping to pick up some more fan base and my guess is it worked. How many of us who stopped watching the original show has actually picked the new show up? Even I have watched a show or two just to check it out. The whole thing screams an act of desperation or one last ditch effort. Who knows, I could be wrong but that is how it comes across to me.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Reality shows..........haha, why are they even called that.

But I still think that for some reason SR was a PR**K to his kids......even with no cameras or tv series. I think the dude is/was juicing, that probably had a bit to do with it.

I actually like the show before they threw all of the drama into it. I found the process of designing and building the bikes enough to keep my interest.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:

I honestly think he is jealous of Junior. Everytime he had a chance to yell at him he did when Jr. was at OCC. He knew Jr. was the brains of designing side of it and Jr's design abilities is what made OCC what it was. And Sr. was jealous and wanted to put Jr in his place whenever he could just to let him know he was still boss.

Now Sr. is paying the price with the fact that Jr has beaten him twice now in build-off competitions. Instead of Sr. continually talking crap about Jr. why doesn't he say he is proud that his son is one of the world's best bike builders? That alone might get the two back together.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys;22299428[B
]I honestly think he is jealous of Junior. [/b]Everytime he had a chance to yell at him he did when Jr. was at OCC. He knew Jr. was the brains of designing side of it and Jr's design abilities is what made OCC what it was. And Sr. was jealous and wanted to put Jr in his place whenever he could just to let him know he was still boss.

Now Sr. is paying the price with the fact that Jr has beaten him twice now in build-off competitions. Instead of Sr. continually talking crap about Jr. why doesn't he say he is proud that his son is one of the world's best bike builders? That alone might get the two back together.
I think you nailed it...........SR has such a big ego, it really hurts him to know that JR is such a better designer than himself. WOW, if it was my kid I would be beaming with pride.

And Jesse James, I think the same thing applies to him.....JEALOUSY. The way he was ripping into JR told me he is insecure in his talents when they are compared to JR's. JJ came up with a nice bike........the design was cookie cutter........no imagination.....that is why he lost.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
Quote:
I think you nailed it...........SR has such a big ego, it really hurts him to know that JR is such a better designer than himself. WOW, if it was my kid I would be beaming with pride.

And Jesse James, I think the same thing applies to him.....JEALOUSY. The way he was ripping into JR told me he is insecure in his talents when they are compared to JR's. JJ came up with a nice bike........the design was cookie cutter........no imagination.....that is why he lost.
Jesse James I believe actually thinks he IS better than both Jr and Sr. Not so sure he's Jealous of anything more than the attention they are getting.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
missed this and actually was turned off from american chopper for a while ... i'm back in on this season - but mainly to see PJD and what they put out ....... there isn't a lot of drama/interest in that shop so you offset with the antics of OCC, but I enjoy the thought they put into it and how they go about their business

I also think that Jr would be nuts to let anyone get ahold of Brendan - that kid has some serious talent & vision as well

Yep, that is mainly why I really liked the original show, watching the building of the bikes. All that confrontation and screaming......forget it.....that really turned me off.

The new show is a lot better being that JR and SR are seperated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV