Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I agree Happy, touching episode. Last night? Back to be selfish idiots. I'm so sick of the constant singing "we are family" mantra. NO they are not! They don't live together, they don't co-raise the kids that I've seen, they basically admitted the women have no relationship, on their shopping trip. I truly see nothing but a married man with 3 mistresses. Gag on him saying there might be a couple of more kids. Gee, wonder who the mom will be?

Do you notice his and Robin's kid is the only one you ever see him hold or carry around? I'd be holding Truely, that poor thing. The dress thing is so stupid. Going through all this stress because you couldn't find one in a store.?? That poor Sam. I think she bit off more than she can chew or should have too.

I don't know, maybe I'm cheap, but I just keep seeing this party as such a waste of money. When you have that many kids, there's always one or more that need something spent on them. Or, a novel idea for the Brown's, save it! I think the new show Me & my fives wives, will blow this one out of the water. If its the family I'm thinking of, if you're going to do this, they do it right. I hope they don't go on and on about their "special" lifestyle. I get that's why the Brown's have a show, but they do go ooooonnnnn.
BBM I doubt any of them are at child bearing age any more; think Robyn was mid 30's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
TLC needs something to propel the program forward. I suspect that is what the commitment ceremony is about. TLC is probably paying for it. The show requires drama. We're still in the February sweeps and they are trying to capture the market for more advertisement money.

Do I remember correctly that Robin is going to wear a "short" dress while the other 3 are wearing floor length dresses? I feel so sorry for the fashion designer.

Mary's dress is looking like a suit of armor.

I will say this, though, I want a huge piece of the cake.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,392 times
Wasn't there an earlier episode in which one of the girls was interested in pursuing a career in fashion design? I wonder if she's involved in any of the dress making activities.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:18 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
DVR Alert!

There are two new episodes of Sister Wives tonight. They are back to back (the episodes, not the wives).
The 2nd episode is a discussion with the Browns and one with the kids.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Those dresses are hideous. They look like tents on them.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:31 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,902,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
DVR Alert!

There are two new episodes of Sister Wives tonight. They are back to back (the episodes, not the wives).
The 2nd episode is a discussion with the Browns and one with the kids.
I watched that discussion show and all I could think was that Meri needs a box of Kleenex by her side ALL the time! lol It was interesting though and I think their kids are great.

Now we've got some goober with FIVE wives coming to your local TV! Sheesh...

I do have to say, though, I'm impressed and GLAD that these families aren't like the FLDS that were all over TV a few years ago. They don't have to dress and wear their hair like total 'frumps'.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Why is it just the guys who have these harems?

Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
We need a Brother Husband show.

I haven't kept up with this much but I saw the tell all episode. I wish they wouldn't ask fluff questions only. It's like Tlc is afraid to offend them with tough questions like, "Why was your daughter so neglected that she almost died?"

Old 02-25-2014, 09:56 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,421 times
Quote:
Because in their religion the men are the "Gods".

Old 02-26-2014, 02:14 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
Quote:
These religions make the man the Lord and Master of the house, period.

I have also noticed Kody always holding his son with Robyn. They are all in their lower to mid-forties, except Robyn is in her early 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV