U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Status: "Country girl finally living in the country!" (set 14 days ago)

933 posts, read 504,950 times
Default Hmmm

Last night Cody said "they had to give up their jobs" when they moved. Only Cody and Janelle had jobs. Now they have 16 kids, five adults, another baby on the way, and no jobs other than TLC.

I have read that Cody always wanted to live in Vegas so the whole running from the law thing does not ring true. Utah does not prosecute unless there is child abuse or welfare fraud, the law looks the other way in these cases, as there are so many with this lifestyle. And it is not no more "legal" in Nevada than it is is Utah. I feel bad for the kids and wonder how this will turn out. The adults seems surprised that there will be "influences" in Vegas. My husband said "well they don't call it sin city for nothing."

Cody and Meri had a bankrupcy when they lived in Wyoming, which explains why they could not get a mortgage or buy a house in Vegas. Christine and kids were all on food stamps prior to the show if the articles on the web are to be believed.

Years from now I wonder if the cost of the show in terms of how it affects their family will be worth the paycheck from TLC. But do I watch it, yes I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,304,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
Last night Cody said "they had to give up their jobs" when they moved. Only Cody and Janelle had jobs. Now they have 16 kids, five adults, another baby on the way, and no jobs other than TLC.

I have read that Cody always wanted to live in Vegas so the whole running from the law thing does not ring true. Utah does not prosecute unless there is child abuse or welfare fraud, the law looks the other way in these cases, as there are so many with this lifestyle. And it is not no more "legal" in Nevada than it is is Utah. I feel bad for the kids and wonder how this will turn out. The adults seems surprised that there will be "influences" in Vegas. My husband said "well they don't call it sin city for nothing."

Cody and Meri had a bankrupcy when they lived in Wyoming, which explains why they could not get a mortgage or buy a house in Vegas. Christine and kids were all on food stamps prior to the show if the articles on the web are to be believed.

Years from now I wonder if the cost of the show in terms of how it affects their family will be worth the paycheck from TLC. But do I watch it, yes I do.
There were ads for forthcoming episodes of Kate and 8. Her birthday will be celebrated in NYC. Woohootiehoo.

Fine, whatever. I had a course or two in anthropology--there are many ways to live. Some of the choices are better than others. I can see that.

If TLC thinks it is 'teaching anthropology'--bless them, they need it.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,607,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
There were ads for forthcoming episodes of Kate and 8. Her birthday will be celebrated in NYC. Woohootiehoo.

Fine, whatever. I had a course or two in anthropology--there are many ways to live. Some of the choices are better than others. I can see that.

If TLC thinks it is 'teaching anthropology'--bless them, they need it.
this is NOT the hate kate thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,607,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I can't stand the Browns anymore. That entire last episode was completely contrived.

The Browns broke Utah state law on national TV, naturally this led to an investigation. Whenever an investigation is performed on someone it is then turned over to the DA to see if it's something they want to pursue. This is STANDARD PROCEDURE. Kody has no warrants for his arrest, the state of Utah has not chosen to take ANY legal action against the Brown's, the investigation literally led to nothing yet they uproot their entire family on the possibility that they may have to suffer consequences for choosing to break the law on TV.

What a bunch of dramatic idiots.
you are being kind,i have many other names for them--none so nice

Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
this is NOT the hate kate thread
No need to lecture me--the promos were shown during this show.

I don't like the show and I don't like what I see on TLC. The same low level #@!.

'Hate' is not the correct term. I don't care what any of these people do. Absurd, ridiculous, pathetic---almost everything that I attempt to watch seems to fall into this category.

Henceforth, I will monitor myself. Thank you very much.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM

18,870 posts, read 14,313,483 times
I do think that their "outing" their lifestyle did gain scrutiny from the state in Utah, and probably more into their Food Stamp case, Medicaid, and finances than Cody wanted...note, all the "wives' have their own home in Vegas, thus, all eligible for the Max in FS, and Medicaid. No doubt the TLC money goes to Cody, so...the women have no income, and no assets...again, on the public tit. I would not doubt it for a second. The only not making out on this is Meri, Note, they can all recieve up to 2 years of financial assistance, welfare, they might not go there...cash always trips people up...no one cares much about Food Stamps/EBT.

I think that this will really change the dynamics of this family, and I already noticed that the wives like having their own homes. Meri will probably be lonely...maybe not...

Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM

7,106 posts, read 13,188,209 times
They haven't sold the old house yet; so it's possible they will go back.

I'm pretty sure they said they (original 3) did not get public assistance in Utah.
Robyn may have qualified depending on her divorce agreement & child support. Possible she gets assistance for her disabled son.

I don't agree with them getting 4 houses in Vegas- they should have doubled up and/or Meri should have had a smaller house. I don't care that she felt she deserved what the others have because it's wasteful; especially since they don't (or didn't; other then TLC) have cash coming in.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 PM

7,577 posts, read 7,872,040 times
This guy is such a phony. When he "cries" there are no tears. I have seen two episodes and don't think much of any of them.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:27 PM

7,577 posts, read 7,872,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I do think that their "outing" their lifestyle did gain scrutiny from the state in Utah, and probably more into their Food Stamp case, Medicaid, and finances than Cody wanted...note, all the "wives' have their own home in Vegas, thus, all eligible for the Max in FS, and Medicaid. No doubt the TLC money goes to Cody, so...the women have no income, and no assets...again, on the public tit. I would not doubt it for a second. The only not making out on this is Meri, Note, they can all recieve up to 2 years of financial assistance, welfare, they might not go there...cash always trips people up...no one cares much about Food Stamps/EBT.

I think that this will really change the dynamics of this family, and I already noticed that the wives like having their own homes. Meri will probably be lonely...maybe not...
I wouldn't be surprised. This guy is a con artist.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
This guy is such a phony. When he "cries" there are no tears. I have seen two episodes and don't think much of any of them.
Nice to meet you. Whatever else he is --he is an egotistical jerk.

I'd love to hear what a psychologist/psychiatrist might have to say about the entire 'family'.

TLC seems to go further and further into realms that focus on the 'atypical'.

For a time I thought they were doing this in the name of diversity but now I think TLC epitomizes sleaze. 'Tintillate'--anything to get people to watch.

That seems to be the goal of all that media corporations.

Fine, I have other options and will exercise my right to avoid the 'gutter'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV