Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
The same thing that happened to their diet and exercise routine probably happened to their real estate training/jobs - that sort of faded fast (not to mention this is a terrible time to get into real estate especially if they want to make money, which of course they do). I do hope they can find something lucrative and sensible though, they sure have a lot of mouths to feed (hopefully healthy food and not carbs but not sure how realistic that is), sure hope they live near a Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club <G>. One gal was working and actually had a pretty good job and I think 3 others did as well (I can't remember their names, they've been off the air for quite a while), Robyn and maybe another stayed home and cared for the children. Looking forward to watching the new episode.

PS I think Robyn will slim down soon, her baby is pretty young yet and she's probably still nursing (hopefully not with him on a stepstool, sorry coudlnt resist, lol), she appeared to have no weight problem but it takes a while to get back in shape - of course if she becomes a surrogate for the other sister wife with 1 teen daughter, the weight loss will probably be on hold.
Meri is the 1st wife..she is the one with 1 child and the wife that Robyn asked about being her surrogate. She had a job and I think she was (at least before the move) going to school.

Janelle is the 2nd wife and she is the one that had a career. Before they moved and she had to leave the job, she really talked like she enjoyed and needed her job.

Christine is the 3rd wife and the one that stays home with the children.

Robyn - I thought she was looking for a job..but since no luck yet she was helping at home with the children..then moved and she got pregnant.

About the fitness center they talked about opening, I thought that it said on the show that the wives trainer was going into business with them.

Are they making THAT much from this show to support them all? I don't know how old Cody's car is, but it looks like a convertible sports car of some type. I wouldn't think that would be cheap, seems like he would have gotten something more economical. Although, I don't get the impression that Cody thinks he should do without. Maybe I am "reading" him wrong. I saw the clips about them looking at land to build and besides they are renting 4 homes..where is the money coming from? I remember them talking about money before they moved and I got the impression that money was tight. (obviously) :O)

I SO agree about Cody's hair. I think he might be doing "the Donald" in a way. Except instead of doing the comb over he is having it longer in an attempt to hide his receding hair line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I have been wondering the same thing, where is all this money coming from? I think we all know how hard it is to just keep one family going, with rent and bills and food etc. How on earth do they pay for 4 seperate housholds, plus cars, insurance, food, and now thinking about surrogacy? Surrogacy would involve a specialized OB/GYN, hormone injections to coincide the ladies cycles together, retrieving eggs from one mom and then putting them into another. That does not come cheap and it can take who knows how many cycles of this before a pregnancy occurs, if ever. Now they are looking at blank land to build 4 new houses on? I know they make money doing the show, but enough to keep all this going?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:44 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
I really wish a mole who worked at this network would spill the deets on how much money this family makes (and how many of their bills are paid for by the network - such as rent, etc).

I personally find their situation terrifying from a financial perspective- 5 adults all in or approaching their 40's (not sure of exact ages), 19 children ranging from baby to late teen-age - I guess their only real ultimate fall-back is that since there is only one legal marriage in the group, 4 of the wives could get their kids on medicaid/food stamps/etc once all the money from this reality show goes away.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,906 times
I didn't see this posted on this thread..didn't know if anyone cares to see it..just in case there is a "Brown Family Tree". The "family tree" is dated late 2010 but gives an idea of who is in the family.

Sister Wives family tree chart with Kody Brown, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
That chart is interesting. Janelle and Christine's children are the same ages. I wonder if they planned it that way. As for the finances, I am sure that the earnings from the show go to a company, Brown LLC or something....and all the assets are owned by the company, houses, cars...cash....so the wives have no income, and can get food stamps, Medicaid...and all the bills are paid by the "company". Lots of polygamy families do that....wives have no income or assets, nor do the husbands. So if a wife leaves....she gets nothing. I see Janelle as the weakest wife...her life seems so depressing to me. Yet....she said that she wanted to be a third wife...same as her Mom. She has no job skills, never worked. At least Meri and Christine have worked, Christine seems to be pretty smart. If Cody had to pick one wife...

Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I see Janelle as the weakest wife...her life seems so depressing to me. Yet....she said that she wanted to be a third wife...same as her Mom. She has no job skills, never worked. At least Meri and Christine have worked, Christine seems to be pretty smart. If Cody had to pick one wife...
Ummm...Janelle was working 50+ hours outside of the home in a career she loved back in Utah, and gave that up because the master Kody told her they had to move to Las Vegas ...... I am not sure that Christine has ever worked outside of the home though.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Sorry....I got them confused...really....who can keep them straight?!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:26 AM

I find their personalities to be extremely distinct, especially Janelle and Christine even though they are both heavy-set blondes. Janelle is aloof and seems intelligent, Christine seems like an immature kindergarten teacher.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:53 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Why hasn't this bigamist been arrested yet?

Old 05-13-2012, 04:56 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I hadn't seen this show for a year or more and then today they showed all the episodes of last season like a marathon.

Wow. Most of the wives are HUGE! What happened?

I think even some of the kids looked sort of huge.

Some of the kids are teenagers now--hahahaha---this should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV