Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

If teens are living in the home, and working, their income is included for Medicaid and Food Stamps. Which is why alot of teens who have parents on welfare, do not work. Their income can blow the family off the EBT train. Which parents do not want, and kids do not want their money taken away...and thus...perpetuates the entire cycle...why work....love that mentality...

I do not know if the family is collecting assistance or not...but I do wonder why NONE of those teens have a job...NONE.

Last edited by jasper12; 06-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 01:20 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I feel badly for these kids...they did not ask for a reality show. It is fairly obvious that the teens are having a difficult time of it.
I don't doubt that they're all paid for their inconvenience; even if it goes into trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
... And if these women all had jobs, as they should, he'd wouldnt have to worry about money. ( except 1 to watch the kids )
When the show 1st started; they all had jobs.

Quote:
I want these innocent kids taken care of, but they should be taken care of by the dad mainly. I dont see why these men are allowed to over populate, and the tax payer foots the bill.
It's why they did away with polygamy from what I understand.

Quote:
When some posted the kids should have jobs, do you also mean they should have to give their pay to the parents? I never took a penny of my boys pay, and think its wrong unless you're starving. The kids didnt cause or ask for this mess and shouldnt have to work to pay the bills, imo.
In this situation; yes; they should be helping. Who pays their cell phone bills? From what I remember; the kids all have smart phones & even if they went with Boost or Virgin mobile; it's the cost of the phone ($150-$300) plus the $50-$60 per month

Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Polygamy was given up because the Federal government pressured Utah to give it up to get statehood.

The point of having more than one wife was that a man must have at least 3 wives to achieve celestial marriage and still be a family in heaven.

I sincerely doubt that a family with their own tv show would qualify for any kind of taxpayer benefits.

Cell phones are often free with the signing of a contract and addition to a family plan.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Polygamy was given up because the Federal government pressured Utah to give it up to get statehood.

The point of having more than one wife was that a man must have at least 3 wives to achieve celestial marriage and still be a family in heaven.

I sincerely doubt that a family with their own tv show would qualify for any kind of taxpayer benefits.

Cell phones are often free with the signing of a contract and addition to a family plan.
They no longer qualify for taxpayer benefits, but as late as 2010 some of them were still collecting them.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,968,861 times
Did Robin annoy any of you the way she annoyed me on the "question" episode? It's like she's trying to be all sweet and helpful, but then uses that to get her digs in. I'm talking about the scene where Christine admitted to being a little angry at Cody, and Robin piped in with her words of wisdom. YUCK!

Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Did anyone catch the name of the rice/farina pudding? It reminded me of a German recipe I have with requires baking instead of stirring for hours.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I don't know WHY I watch this show since it annoys the devil outta me! But I watch. I want to smack Cody because he preaches to his kids but doesn't really KNOW them. I wanted to smack him when I hear him talking about his hair products and how he is trying not to lose his hair.

Since Kate Plus 8 got paid about $75,000 per episode, I wonder how much these folks are being paid. I see a huge difference in how things were last year compared to this year. Nice vacations, new car, no jobs and nice homes that rents must be pretty expensive.

they qualified to buy but either needed to put down lots of down payment OR their interest rate was high. That tells me that they have some funds but bad credit.

Vicki

Old 06-18-2012, 11:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I don't know WHY I watch this show since it annoys the devil outta me! But I watch. I want to smack Cody because he preaches to his kids but doesn't really KNOW them. I wanted to smack him when I hear him talking about his hair products and how he is trying not to lose his hair.

Since Kate Plus 8 got paid about $75,000 per episode, I wonder how much these folks are being paid. I see a huge difference in how things were last year compared to this year. Nice vacations, new car, no jobs and nice homes that rents must be pretty expensive.

they qualified to buy but either needed to put down lots of down payment OR their interest rate was high. That tells me that they have some funds but bad credit.

Vicki
Yes Vicki, you are right. It's all online. They have multiple bankruptcies between them.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
...but I do wonder why NONE of those teens have a job...NONE.
Who says none of the teens work? Just because it's not shown doesn't mean it's not happening.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:36 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Who says none of the teens work? Just because it's not shown doesn't mean it's not happening.
^^^^This! Perhaps the kids have jobs but the employers are not anxious for the publicity/notoriety. Despite the conjecture, it's entirely possible that we don't know everything that goes on in this family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV