Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:54 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I watched all of the Apprentice seasons except the last two years, when it changed to Celebrity Apprentice. I don't care one iota about celebrities, and think they're already overexposed. I'd rather watch regular people as contestants on such shows. When I heard that this season would feature contestants who are regular folks who had been dramatically affected by the rotten economy, I figured I'd start watching it again. Tonight's show was pretty good, although I wish the producers would show a lot less of the cat fighting and a lot more of the actual planning and work on the tasks.
I agree.

I used to love this show, but sometime after "Martha", I just lost it, around the time they started parading the celebrities in and out. The show is about a person getting a JOB, I don't know why they ever had celebrities to start with, maybe it tanked after Martha and they needed a draw.

I am so glad they went back to regular people, out of work people, even better.

Mahsa was a bit crazy, over the top, slightly over the line at times, but I did think that Nicole deserved to go. She didn't take the lead, shut Tanya or whatever her name was out of the initial design stage, then brought her in only to cover her ass and if she did hate the picture, as I did, she as the PM should have vetoed it. That little part of the plan backfired on her.

Interesting start, looking forward to next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
did anyone else catch Donald saying he was going to set up the fired chick with an interview with Miss Universe?
He is really a swine at times. Really taken in by a pretty face and thinks that is all a female is required to have.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Trump with that pretentious, mentally retarded royalty fanfare music again. I think I need to go take a trump.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:25 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
did anyone else catch Donald saying he was going to set up the fired chick with an interview with Miss Universe?
He is really a swine at times. Really taken in by a pretty face and thinks that is all a female is required to have.

I think Nicole (the one that got fired) was a beauty pageant winner and that's probably why he said that.

As for Masha (the ADA)..... she's not going to be around very long. Too loud, too argumentative, too annoying. I noted annoyance in all 3 Trumps every time she went on one of her tirades in the boardroom.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,450 times
Quote:
I noticed that. Probably a high up position, but really, I thought he could offer better than that. I never imagined he was going to end the sentence with Miss Universe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Trump with that pretentious, mentally retarded royalty fanfare music again. I think I need to go take a trump.
I have no problem with the music, it is the HAIR that I wish he would change. It's pretty gross, you really have to look beyond it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I think Nicole (the one that got fired) was a beauty pageant winner and that's probably why he said that.

As for Masha (the ADA)..... she's not going to be around very long. Too loud, too argumentative, too annoying. I noted annoyance in all 3 Trumps every time she went on one of her tirades in the boardroom.
I agree, she is so brash, she really has to tone it down or it is going to get her fired. She just doesn't shut up. And how many times did she say she was district attorney?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:03 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
He is a sponsor and promoter for the Miss Universe Contest. I guess it could sound sexist but, hey, a job is a job. If she can get a good postition working on the contest, she may be able to move up to other areas in the Trump empire.

I wonder if he will also offer all the out-of-work people he fires from the show jobs in one of his companies. Not the job everyone is competing for but a lessor job that would get them re-started and a salary.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I knew Nicole wouldn't last very long in this competition. First, she's too nice, and I knew the other women would make mincemeat out of her. And second, she wasn't unemployed and desperate like the rest of them -- she actually quit her job to do the show, and I knew once the other contestants learned that, they'd boot her to the curb as less deserving. I don't think their ganging up on her had anything to do with her leadership skills. I think she did fine leading that task, but she got challenged every time she told someone to do something ("Please go get paint and food," "Oh hell no! I'm not getting food!").

I think The Donald saw that, and that's why he kept defending her leadership multiple times. And I'm sure he knew how much she wanted to work in the Trump organization, and having been a previous pageant participant in his Miss USA pageant, setting her up to interview for a position with Miss Universe probably seemed like a good fit for her. Knowing Nicole as I do, I think he's right and I hope she gets it.

As for the men's team, Oh My Gawd! No wonder David's marriage fell apart when he lost his job. At first I felt sorry for him to have a wife so superficial, but I get the feeling she had had enough of his horrible and inappropriate temper and was right to get away from him. And poor Gene. Has he never seen The Apprentice before? The first day he didn't really manage, and the second day he was just a dictator. I don't think he'll be long for this show, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

I wonder if he will also offer all the out-of-work people he fires from the show jobs in one of his companies. Not the job everyone is competing for but a lessor job that would get them re-started and a salary.
He's offering all the winning project managers the opportunity to meet with top CEOs, so it seems counter-intuitive that he would also offer every losing person who got "fired" a job interview, as well. I just think he wanted to hire Nicole, but clearly she wasn't cut-throat enough for this particular show, so making her his apprentice wasn't going to be possible. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, because frankly, many of these folks come off as un-hireable to me. I would never want people with such explosive personalities as David, Mahsa or Tyana working for me!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:42 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
Quote:

Is the young man on the show also a Trump?? I didn't know that

Old 09-17-2010, 09:08 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post

Is the young man on the show also a Trump?? I didn't know that
Yes, that's Don Jr.

Donald Trump, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
Quote:
Okay, just looked at the bios. Two of the contestants are NOT unemployed ---- well, one is working and the other quit her job (so she is not traditionally "unemployed"; she is unemployed by choice). The one who is working is Mahsa, who is an ADA in Brooklyn. The other is Nicole (Jill's friend) who quit her attorney job because she didn't like it.

If the bios are any indication, I predict the winner to be Stephanie (has Trump ever hired a female apprentice before? other than the "celebrity" ones?)

The Apprentice
I think he did the girl who was to design his place in West Palm Beach and one other time he did pick the guy but wanted to
pick them both however the guy just didn't like that idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV