U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2010, 04:59 PM

12,411 posts, read 8,636,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
There are certainly people who are receptionists and customer service reps with college degrees.
A lot of kids in high school are told to 'follow your bliss' in the selection of a major in college. Many graduate with a degree in art history or an overcrowded field such as communications. That's fine if your family is wealthy or has contacts and can support you or find you a job after you graduate.

Such graduates frequently cannot find jobs in their fields and take whatever they can, which is usually entry level. These days, even secretaries need some sort of training, they often cannot just walk in off the street with a high school diploma. Heaven help the child who did not even graduate high school.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-25-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM

12,411 posts, read 8,636,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, both of Trump's kids appear to be normal, that's been very surprising to me, and also refreshing....lol. Apparently Donald and his ex-wife did a good job raising them. When you have to actually work to get paid that probably helps too. I remember Donald, Jr. said in a previous season that his dad didn't put up with him or Ivanka slacking off on the job either.

As far as this season goes, I'm glad they returned to the original format. I didn't like the celebrity version.
I have no idea of what the kids are like. I do know that many children of famous people want to prove their personal worth and strike out on their own, without daddy.
The person who builds the business is the guy who appreciates it and knows how the marketplace operates. The kids, if they do not have real struggles in the marketplace, competing against real opponents, ofen just run the business to the ground after daddy dies.
The kids, going into the family business, can get very autocratic and assume airs and expect 'adulation' that they have not really earned.
Both of them, to me, in the beginning, seemed very stilted. The son, though, seems more comfortable to me. The daughter wears more feminine clothing than did Caroline and because of that (sometimes sexy) appearance, seems to put on airs - such as 'ice princess' - to command respect. BIG mistake.
Yeah, they seem better than Paris, but so is my dog better behaved. Paris' problems can be placed squarely at the feet of her self-absorbed parents, in my book.
My vote is still out regarding Trump's kids, but I would have liked to have seen them struggle in the business world the way their dad did, just for a while, so they get to know the personalities and inner dynamics of such organizations. I don't think he is doing them a great favor in hiring them on, especially placing them at the top of his organization so early. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 PM

854 posts, read 723,606 times
Ivanka has never seemed cold to me. She seems smart and logical. She calls people on their faults usually.

I'm glad that Alex found a job. I thought that was awesome!

I like the hour format because there was too much unneeded drama on the two hour Celebrity Apprentice shows. This shows me the task, the group dynamics, and the arguments made in the board room that lead up to the final decision.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,462,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
George an attorney!
Old, he works and the Donald does trust and enjoy him! We all did miss him! He is super fair also go George! He also adds to the show and as been
great!
Thanks MaggieKate for answering my question...I do like George, he has a certain kind of charm

Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM

43,862 posts, read 25,357,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I think I prefer the 2-hour shows over the 1-hour shows. It seems like we really missed a lot. Usually I'd think 2 hours is a bit much, but I got used to it and prefer it now for this particular show.

I'm pulling for James and Gene right now. Don't know how far they'll make it but I really like them.
I have found that when you really like a particular reality show, you always wish it was longer so you don't miss so much middle stuff.

Last night they had the Chopped Championship on for an hour, rather than the regular 30 minute show, and I really enjoyed it. I also liked when they gave Project Runway a 90 minute time slot.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
FBJ

32,732 posts, read 21,038,597 times
Anyone think Dave look like a 2010 version of Gomer Pyle?-lol

Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 AM

9,604 posts, read 6,028,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Anyone think Dave look like a 2010 version of Gomer Pyle?-lol
yep and he is one annoying dude. I think his being un-employed has more to do with HIM than the economy.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:36 AM

9,604 posts, read 6,028,926 times
the task tonight was dumb. Surely there are other challenges some knucklehead who works for this show can come up with.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 AM

825 posts, read 1,334,276 times
I think David is one of the most annoying peiople I have ever seen. James might not be warm and fuzzy, but if I had to spend time with one or the other, I would take James anyday. Not entirely sure why his teammates turned on James so quickly (but then of course they only show us what they want us to see - sop who knows what else has gone on.

I cracked up though when the other guy who was brought back in suggested he could manage David next week and then they show us previews of David causing problems. David will be gone within 2 weeks.

I agree with the firing of James though because of how he dismissed the owner of the pet hotel. I just think Trump should have fired both David and James. Clean house, because honestly I know almost nothing about the other men on the show as 90% of the air time has been spent on David and james.

J do wish they would show a lot less of the infighting, I like the show mainly to see business decisions and how those decisions impact whether a team wins or loses.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 AM

7,117 posts, read 4,059,676 times
David is this season's Osamarosa. It's no surprise that his wife left him. He makes me want to punch him in the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV