U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 08:37 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,358,572 times

Advertisements

Ivanka is looking quite voluptuous lately. Do you think she's with child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 08:57 PM

10,007 posts, read 7,143,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
don't know if she is with child but she's-as you stated-looking very voluptuous.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:41 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,426,262 times
She had a breast augmentation.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 AM

4,502 posts, read 8,059,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
She had a breast augmentation.
Link to the story, please?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 AM

12,411 posts, read 9,653,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
did anyone else catch Donald saying he was going to set up the fired chick with an interview with Miss Universe?
He is really a swine at times. Really taken in by a pretty face and thinks that is all a female is required to have.
I think she pulled the stunt of some managers I've worked for - get the people working for you to suggest plans/tactics so if it backfires you can blame them and if it's successful you can take the credit for yourself.

That management tactic is SO old hat that probably each of the women there had worked for such dysfunctional managers and decided to 'tell it like it is'.

I have no problem at all at their ganging up against her. Such managers are scum and only bring about politicizing and clannishness in a department, not better productivity and job enrichment. I am SO glad she's gone.

Again, maybe Trump just likes talentless bitchy back-stabbing calculating women. He got rid of Caroline, who seemed fantastic.

I know nothing about realty. Perhaps those are the waters he swims in and you have to sell your soul to rise to the top. Tough is one thing. You have to be tough in business, learn to bite the bullet and make the hard decisions. Sub-optimizing the function of a department for the sake of your own ego is something different.

Some of the people without jobs are laid off because their industry just could not make it through rough times intact. Others are people whom companies wanted to can but could not quite find a good enough reason. I think that woman could be a monkey-wrench in the works of whatever company she is in. It is rare that you get so many people who are willing to condemn and not one note of praise from people you've worked with. She must really be bad.

My company had a lay-off. Several managers were 'let go' quickly from two subsequent jobs, each. It's not right to rejoice in the misery of others and I am a lesser person for it, but that was music to my ears.
Trump was really fighting to keep her, but controversy sells a reality tv show and he certainly saw her potential for creating controversy.

I think it's odd that she did not defend herself. It's almost as though she got a call from home or something that demanded her immediate attention and she could not explain that to the show. Who knows, maybe she's pregnant?

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-19-2010 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 10:04 AM

43,861 posts, read 27,799,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When do we see what the winning project manager received? Next week?
I thought Trump said something about the winning PM will get to spend time with a big executive/CEO doing something fun. I don't remember the person's name or company.

Trump, with whatever faults he may have, does seem to be a good guy in terms of wanting to help people. I really think his goal will be to put each of the candidates in a position of finding a great job regardless of whether they win the job with him or not. I bet he has interviews and open doors available for each candidate which has been set up in advance depending on their job skills.

Or maybe I'm just a ******* who wants to believe the best.....

Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
...................I'll take that comment as a joke; considering how brash,annoying and obnoxious Donald Trump himself is. Not to mention he's such a freakin sexist pig.
Yes. There's a difference between ostentatious and classy. He knows his business, but is neither well educated nor discriminating, in my opinion. His wealth certainly gives him access to certain circles and he thinks that somehow making money gives him good judgment in other areas, such as character assessment. It does not help him when he acts tough, makes him look street-thuggish, almost.

The only person who ever won the App who stands out because he did it without politicking, had the whole team on his side, and was bright and competent, was that black guy, I think Randolph Pinkus (pardon me if I got it wrong), and when that fellow won Trump tried to make it the only SHARED award by also giving it to someone else.

That was low and very much a lack of class on Trump's part. I lost a LOT of respect for him then. Anyway, the winner had his own business to attend to and was assisting Cory Booker, so I read, so he soon quit Trump's job. This was an honorable and decent and very deserving person and it really was hurtful to see Trump behave so poorly in public. The guy has the values of a street thug, in my opinion.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:59 AM
FBJ

35,140 posts, read 24,398,853 times
You know if this show did not involve Trump it would have been cancelled

Old 09-19-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I wish George and Carol were still the judges
They kissed his @#$%* a lot, too.
Trump is NOT the sort of boss you want to be honest with. You don't work with him to further the organization but to keep your job and to impress him.
I detest yes-men.
But I did like them. Now, the kids seem like a sort of Gestapo, and the lineup on that side of the table appears to be inbred. You'd think the kids would try to make a name away from daddy. Maybe without all those contacts and the last name neither could make it.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
'Cow' comes to mind - as well as 'boob job'. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-19-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV